Livingston - all the threads merged

How did Dundee manage to get rid of so many high earners when they went into admin, yet Livy couldnt?

Because they wanted to cheat their way out the lower divisions as quickly as possible.

They also say they want to break even this year, I wonder if that will still be the case if they're sitting 9th or 10th in the league come January.

All slagging aside, do any Livi fans know what crowds your club has budgeted for this coming season because your average home gate won't increase by much, especially if you struggle a bit.

Because they wanted to cheat their way out the lower divisions as quickly as possible.

They also say they want to break even this year, I wonder if that will still be the case if they're sitting 9th or 10th in the league come January.

All slagging aside, do any Livi fans know what crowds your club has budgeted for this coming season because your average home gate won't increase by much, especially if you struggle a bit.

lets put the boot on the other foot and ask Ayr fans if they know what crowds they have budgeted for this coming season?

Interesting to see what Kenny Deuchar posted on Twitter last night...

Disappointed that some Livi "fans" are slating me after last season. 3rd in Div on arrival but win the league by 23 points!

The man's got a point. His arrival gave the whole squad a kick up the arse, and he practically hauled us single-handedly out our worst run of the season.

The man's got a point. His arrival gave the whole squad a kick up the arse, and he practically hauled us single-handedly out our worst run of the season.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So Kenny Deuchar reads pie and bovril. Its like the gift that keeps on giving! :lol:

Don't even you can believe the absolute drivel you have wrote.

Certainly made an instant impact getting us the 3 points with his hattrick, up untill then our away form was pretty poor, and i doubt we'd have got anything from the East Fife game had he not been playing. That game along with the hard fought home EF game was the catalyst for us going on the run that won the league.

I'd say hamill arriving back from being on loan also made a dif though.

Despite some on here slating Deuchar, he was Russells strike partner and Beanie scored a hell of a lot of goals playing alongside him.

How did Dundee manage to get rid of so many high earners when they went into admin, yet Livy couldnt?

Dundee kept all their best players, they certainly didn't weaken their team or they wouldn't have clawed back the 25 points.

edit* they also had to pay compensation to the ones they punted, but they've a lot more fans than Livi, and raised a lot more money through their fighting fund to pay them off.

Watson was signed by the new regime on a two tear full-time deal within days of everything going pear-shaped. Blaming everything on Massone didn't wash at the time and does so even less two years down the line.

Lol, you pick out 1 player, FFS.

Watson was a good signing and investment, but considering the rest of the players who were on 1st Div contracts i think you're pissing against the wind if you think Watsons contract made much of a difference in the grand scheme of things The dif in the new board and Massone is night and day, you're on the wind up if you're saying anything different..

Also when they took charge we were still a 1ts Div club and thought that's where we were going to be playing.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Dunno but we had more than Ayr did last season, and with the Hearts sex offender still playing for them we're going to get quite a few Jambo's at our games this season.

Dundee kept all their best players, they certainly didn't weaken their team or they wouldn't have clawed back the 25 points.

Watson was a good signing and investment, but considering the rest of the players who were on 1st Div contracts i think you're pissing against the wind if you think Watsons contract made much of a difference in the grand scheme of things The dif in the new board and Massone is night and day, you're on the wind up if you're saying anything different..

High earners <> best players

Dundee got rid of several big earning players after administration. Had they been demoted to div 3 the evidence suggests they would have got rid of more. Livy kept pretty much all they're players claiming some nonsense about having to honour the contracts

High earners <> best players

Dundee got rid of several big earning players after administration. Had they been demoted to div 3 the evidence suggests they would have got rid of more. Livy kept pretty much all they're players claiming some nonsense about having to honour the contracts

Nonsense, they didn't get rid of any that were 1st team regulars, and as i said they still had to pay them off, with money raised through the fighting fund. You're now going on conjecture with something that will never be proven, Besides, Livi had already gotten rid of a some, Sparky, Davidson, MacKay. Then when the new board took over Iness who was on a huge wage, the rest were asked to try and find another club.

We had players who we could either bin and have to pay compensation to, plus getting more in, even on lower wages you'd have to add on what the cost of comensating the ones we dumped , or play them and take the hit with directors loans till we got back to back promotions and everyones contracts were up.

I dread to think what next season would've brung had we failed to get back to the 1st, but as with your Dundee going to the 3rd conjecture, i'm not going to have to find out.

Cheers for the feedback lads. Aye, we are still planning signing two more strikers, but quite excited about this fella.

Seriously, i wouldn't get too excited, i liked the guy, he gave his all, but in all his time at Livi he was nothing special. I hope he can improve with Swindon, i really do, but if he doesn't then i can't see him being anything othewr than a squad player.

Nonsense, they didn't get rid of any that were 1st team regulars, and as i said they still had to pay them off, with money raised through the fighting fund. You're now going on conjecture with something that will never be proven, Besides, Livi had already gotten rid of a some, Sparky, Davidson, MacKay. Then when the new board took over Iness who was on a huge wage, the rest were asked to try and find another club.

We had players who we could either bin and have to pay compensation to, plus getting more in, even on lower wages you'd have to add on what the cost of comensating the ones we dumped , or play them and take the hit with directors loans till we got back to back promotions and everyones contracts were up.

I dread to think what next season would've brung had we failed to get back to the 1st, but as with your Dundee going to the 3rd conjecture, i'm not going to have to find out.

As I said High Earners <> best players. They also didnt pay most of them anywhere near what they actually would have earned over the rest of their contracts. They took a calculated gamble with some of them eg Harkins, but at least have been up front about it

For whatever reason, Dundee got rid of a large number of players to reduce their wage bill and Livy hid behind some pretence that they were "forced" to honour contracts. There isnt really much more to discuss

Don't even you can believe the absolute drivel you have wrote.

You actually believe that we weren't struggling prior to his arrival? Our away form during the first half of the season was quite frankly shocking, and after Deuchar's arrival we only lost once away from home. He managed 8 goals in half a season, which I think is an excellent return for a player who couldn't play every game.

Also when they took charge we were still a 1ts Div club and thought that's where we were going to be playing.

You've signed others on full-time deals since, if you particularly want me to list them all.

But the one example was sufficient to show that little or no attempt has been made to live within budget from the outset of the new ownership, over and beyond any issues with the contracts left in place by Massone.

(edited to add: I don't have a problem with that, mind, if someone is willing to fund it. But you'd be better being honest about it - and given the club's history you'd think there'd be at least some concern as to where that money is coming from and what the long-term implications are for the club.)

Edited by Yoss

You actually believe that we weren't struggling prior to his arrival? Our away form during the first half of the season was quite frankly shocking, and after Deuchar's arrival we only lost once away from home. He managed 8 goals in half a season, which I think is an excellent return for a player who couldn't play every game.

You actually believe that Deuchar was some sort of Messiah who single-handly won Livi the league. You, my friend, are a fool.

You actually believe that Deuchar was some sort of Messiah who single-handly won Livi the league. You, my friend, are a fool.

:huh:

If you care to go back and read my original post you'll find how I state Deuchar's arrival hauled us out of the shit run we were on. We had been royally fucked a few days prior by Peterhead in what I can only describe as one of the worst performances I have ever seen by a Livingston side; Deuchar came in, and we beat East Fife 4-2. After that, the whole squad seemed to have a new belief, and I'm not sure the more experienced players in the squad (Fox and Bullock, at that point) would have been able to lift us after being so terrible for several games.

Deuchar did not "single-handedly" win us the league, as you outlandishly claim that I am implying. Every player in the squad played their part, which includes Deuchar. He may not be as quick and skillful as De Vita, but Deuchar has experience, and since we're going into the First Division with several younger players, I'm sure his experience will prove invaluable.