Livingston - all the threads merged

People want to question since it's all been said several times before, though. In the past, outward appearances of normality masked unpaid debts / the accrual of bank debt / the injection of soft loans / and so on. People are therefore legitimately sceptical... Since Livi have 100% atrocious record.

I'm sure Livi aren't on the brink of disaster again, quite clearly. But nevertheless: many people are interested in the sustainability of the new model.

The current board in front of other Livi supporters' have stated that directors are not giving the club director loans. I am 98% sure Livi have no overdraft facilities with the bank either.

These sorts of questions are asked at Fans forums. The club does have a supporter on the board he's not a fan that wants to shaft other Livi fans & to be honest he is a guy who has a great deal of common sense about him & am pretty sure if behind the scenes things were not going well he would pipe up. He has a duty to the board of directors of Livi FC, but he also has a duty to the Livi Trust because thats how he got there.

We've been told there are no Director's loans.

And yeah, I answered that a few months ago.

That half answers the question - for which thanks.

Even assuming you have the first honest owners in the club's history and "we've been told" means that it's true, does that mean that you haven't run up debt in any form and that someone has indeed gifted the money to cover last season's operating loss?

That half answers the question - for which thanks.

Even assuming you have the first honest owners in the club's history and "we've been told" means that it's true, does that mean that you haven't run up debt in any form and that someone has indeed gifted the money to cover last season's operating loss?

Thats my personal take on it given the questions that have been asked & answered to date. TBH how many other clubs would willy nilly show fans there books? You have to take people at face value & as I said the boy from the Livi Trust thats on the board really isn't in it to shaft the supporters' of LFC.

We [the fans] are closer to the goings on within our club than we have ever been, but never say never shit happens & as Livi fans we've had our fair share!

This won't go away & many Livi fans don't expect it to in the short term, but as we move forward & as the current board continue to be deliver on the financial front then I think that deserves trust!!

Edited by 7

The current board in front of other Livi supporters' have stated that directors are not giving the club director loans. I am 98% sure Livi have no overdraft facilities with the bank either.

These sorts of questions are asked at Fans forums. The club does have a supporter on the board he's not a fan that wants to shaft other Livi fans & to be honest he is a guy who has a great deal of common sense about him & am pretty sure if behind the scenes things were not going well he would pipe up. He has a duty to the board of directors of Livi FC, but he also has a duty to the Livi Trust because thats how he got there.

The Livi Trust rep on the board has another interesting responsibility. If I remember correctly, the personal statement he made when seeking election to the Board highlighted that he is also an employee of Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

I am sure he correctly prioritises his employers interests in his dealings as a board member.

Edited by ObserverFromAfar

The Livi Trust rep on the board has another interesting responsibility. If I remember correctly, the personal statement he made when seeking election to the Board highlighted that he is also an employee of Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

I am sure he correctly prioritises his employers interests in his dealings as a board member.

I am sure he does.

• 1 month later...

Has MCL been incarcerated or did "that picture" turn up?

:lol: No I'm still here. Anyone know if I'm banned from the Arnold Clarke Peoples Kwik-Fit Garage Stadium ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Out of two cups, and therefore lost two income streams, before the season has really started is a disaster for Livi.

I know the usual "concentrate on the league" cliche will be trotted out but what if we don't make the playoffs? Will the millionaires stick around to keep pumping money into the club in the 2nd division? Does the "Trust" have a backup business plan?

Out of two cups, and therefore lost two income streams, before the season has really started is a disaster for Livi.

I know the usual "concentrate on the league" cliche will be trotted out but what if we don't make the playoffs? Will the millionaires stick around to keep pumping money into the club in the 2nd division? Does the "Trust" have a backup business plan?

Wow Alex, you might at least try and hide your delight.

Didn't realise we were pinning all our hopes on a cup run!!!!

Alba cup is hardly a money spinner, CIS was always going to be slim with the 1st game against County.

At least wait till the seasons started before you get your hopes up though, we may actually do well and get promoted, perish the thought. ohmy.gif

Didn't realise we were pinning all our hopes on a cup run!!!!

Alba cup is hardly a money spinner, CIS was always going to be slim with the 1st game against County.

At least wait till the seasons started before you get your hopes up though, we may actually do well and get promoted, perish the thought. ohmy.gif

Surely any money made from even the smaller cups are better than nothing though when you're trying to run a full time outfit in a part time league?

Surely any money made from even the smaller cups are better than nothing though when you're trying to run a full time outfit in a part time league?

Indeed, but i'd have thought they'd be looked at as a bonus rather than a necessity, if you're running the club having to have a decent cup run then you're looking for trouble, i doubt that's what we're doing. Getting a money spinner from an SPL club in the latter stages of a cup would give us more money for next season, but if it doesn't happen then we'll just have to make do with what we have.......no?

You're making assumptions and asking questions before the leagues even started, i just don't see the point. It's already been said by Ged that if we're still in the 2nd next season we'll have to accept that's what we are, a 2nd Div team, and budget accordingly, so we'll have to wait till next season to see if that's, firstly what happens, and secondly, if that's what we do, then you can ask questions and have some validity in what you're saying.

Is it? Do you really think they would tell anyone who calls asking why accounts are a year late?

Did you know directors can be banned from being directors for not having accounts lodged in time?

If it was Massone doing this you would be so angry you would take a day off school !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it? Do you really think they would tell anyone who calls asking why accounts are a year late?

Did you know directors can be banned from being directors for not having accounts lodged in time?

If it was Massone doing this you would be so angry you would take a day off school !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure if you were actually concerned, you could arrange a meeting with Gordon McDougall and he would explain why the accounts are late. I'm not defending the club for having the accounts late, I just see no benefit in your shit-stirring on here, as opposed to actually going out and finding out what the problem is.

I've left school, HTH.

The whole point of a forum is to discuss things. The fact the accounts are late is a subject I think is worth bringing to the attention of other fans to discuss.

Some would say your ideas of team selection are shit-stirring :lol:

Edited by MCL