Livingston - all the threads merged

Well i've just learnt we're a year behind in the rent, so that was informative, we took a hefty hit with losing 300 ST sales to Massone, but i thought with us not paying any rent last season it at least made up for it, apparantly that's not so though, as the rent is in arrears, so as well as the debt we've racked up from this season being in the 3rd Div with a team of high wage earners on 1st Div wages, we've also 40K to make up from the loss of ST sales as the rent wasn't free last season. That should be a concern with us remaining FT in the 2nd Div, but instead it's a raw subject some feel the need to ignore.

The board had a raw deal getting punted into the 3rd Div, but the fact remains, even with their cutbacks and trimming the wage bill it still isn't possible to break even, and that's going on McDougals words, so my point was, if we do fail to gain promotion next season and as was said in the LL thread, Ged at the fans meeting mentioned this:

How can we remain FT, i agree with what he's saying, but surely if we can't go back to how things were we'd have to go part time, it doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

Even if we get to the first division after next season, there's not enough money to be made to make up the money it will have cost to get there if we stay FT.

I thought Livi fans will have learned from the past that we shouldn't just take everything said from the boardroom as gospel. We were told we would only spend 99p in the £ but as you pointed out we are behind in that target already. It's amazing how many have fallen for it again.

I don't think it proves anything of the kind.

A couple of questions maybe you will answer.

a) Did you contribute to the Fighting Fund?

If yes, then:

b) Are you happy that your money was used to buy £35 tickets for the "Trust" board and their friends & family to attend the Hogmanay do ?

Questions too hard for you Livi 293 ?

Questions too hard for you Livi 293 ?

There's no need for him to answer as the fact is that not one single penny of Trust money, Fighting Fund or otherwise, was used to buy tickets for the New Year event.

Not a penny. To suggest otherwise is a misrepresentation of the facts.

There's no need for him to answer as the fact is that not one single penny of Trust money, Fighting Fund or otherwise, was used to buy tickets for the New Year event.

So that would mean that MCL is telling porkies ohmy.gif

fight fight fight

Edited by 7

A donation was given to the club in return for tickets to the Hogmanay event. No matter how you dress it up, FF money was used to buy tickets for the "Trust" and their family & friends. This offer wasn't made available to non-members who had also contributed to the FF.

Nice to see you keeping up the bluff and bluster though :rolleyes:

Here is the letter sent out in full -

Dear Trust member and Livi supporter

Livingston Football Club are hosting a fabulous Hogmanay party this Thursday evening. As well as all the usual New Year festivities, you can enjoy a luxurious banquet-style buffet from the fantastic catering team at Food Creations, then dance your feet off with The Jim Daly Ceilidh Band and special guest stars, Scotland's top folk duo, Gaberlunzie. It all adds up to a great way to see in the bells.

As a thank you to the LFL membership for the continuing excellent support given to the club, Livingston FC are opening the party doors to Trust members and their families free of charge. In exchange for this gesture the Trust will make a donation to the Club.

To take advantage of this wonderful offer all you need to do is confirm your attendance by replying to this email (which will be forwarded to the Club) or by contacting Nicola on 01506 417000 or by email at reception@livingstonfc.co.uk. Please let us know how many adults and kids will be coming, as this will allow the Club to know how many extra people to cater for at the buffet.

So why not welcome in 2010 in style, with family and friends, good company, fabulous entertainment and a great buffet.

Yours in Livi

LFL Supporters Trust and Livingston FC

A donation was given to the club in return for tickets to the Hogmanay event. No matter how you dress it up, FF money was used to buy tickets for the "Trust" and their family & friends. This offer wasn't made available to non-members who had also contributed to the FF.

Nice to see you keeping up the bluff and bluster though :rolleyes:

Here is the letter sent out in full -

Dear Trust member and Livi supporter

Livingston Football Club are hosting a fabulous Hogmanay party this Thursday evening. As well as all the usual New Year festivities, you can enjoy a luxurious banquet-style buffet from the fantastic catering team at Food Creations, then dance your feet off with The Jim Daly Ceilidh Band and special guest stars, Scotland's top folk duo, Gaberlunzie. It all adds up to a great way to see in the bells.

As a thank you to the LFL membership for the continuing excellent support given to the club, Livingston FC are opening the party doors to Trust members and their families free of charge. In exchange for this gesture the Trust will make a donation to the Club.

To take advantage of this wonderful offer all you need to do is confirm your attendance by replying to this email (which will be forwarded to the Club) or by contacting Nicola on 01506 417000 or by email at reception@livingstonfc.co.uk. Please let us know how many adults and kids will be coming, as this will allow the Club to know how many extra people to cater for at the buffet.

So why not welcome in 2010 in style, with family and friends, good company, fabulous entertainment and a great buffet.

Yours in Livi

LFL Supporters Trust and Livingston FC

The donation wasn't financial. Simple.

Well i've just learnt we're a year behind in the rent, so that was informative, we took a hefty hit with losing 300 ST sales to Massone, but i thought with us not paying any rent last season it at least made up for it, apparantly that's not so though, as the rent is in arrears, so as well as the debt we've racked up from this season being in the 3rd Div with a team of high wage earners on 1st Div wages, we've also 40K to make up from the loss of ST sales as the rent wasn't free last season. That should be a concern with us remaining FT in the 2nd Div, but instead it's a raw subject some feel the need to ignore.

The board had a raw deal getting punted into the 3rd Div, but the fact remains, even with their cutbacks and trimming the wage bill it still isn't possible to break even, and that's going on McDougals words, so my point was, if we do fail to gain promotion next season and as was said in the LL thread, Ged at the fans meeting mentioned this:

How can we remain FT, i agree with what he's saying, but surely if we can't go back to how things were we'd have to go part time, it doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

How far behind was the club with its rent when the council took Massone to court?

Jog on Alex.

Deary me Dave, is it something about that boardroom ?

I've made the point a few times since the new year that a donation was made but there was no further comment anywhere on how much was given. Now you're trying to tell us it wasn't a monetary donation.

I thought since the Paul Lambert fiasco, where £1,000 was given by the "Trust" to sponsor the management team, that any donation to the club would be in return for shares ? I don't think Hogmanay tickets can be counted as shares.

Another non MCL anti Livi / anti Trust post laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I've read that a few times and it still doesn't make sense. Better just stick to the welding :lol: :lol: :lol:

How far behind was the club with its rent when the council took Massone to court?

Not sure, think Flynn was 1 or 2 years behind when Massone took over and then he added another year on top of that, Massone said he'd pay the rent in full by June and then buy the stadium, but that was all pie in the sky.

MCL, you have your answer, you don't like it so you keep pedalling your anti Trust and anti club views. I remember when you used to be a Livi fan. What happened, or are you one of the glory hunting brigade that every successful team attracts, but that disappear like snow off a dyke when things are not going as well. Bit sad really when things are on the up again with our club and fans are really pulling together to keep the club going. Luckily most can see you for what you really are, a sad wee man.sad.gif

Edited by LiviNeil

MCL, you have your answer, you don't like it so you keep pedalling your anti Trust and anti club views. I remember when you used to be a Livi fan. What happened, or are you one of the glory hunting brigade that every successful team attracts, but that disappear like snow off a dyke when things are not going as well. Bit sad really when things are on the up again with our club and fans are really pulling together to keep the club going. Luckily most can see you for what you really are, a sad wee man.sad.gif

Yeah we have an answer. Just like the other one we had -"I've let them cut off the electricity to teach the fans a lesson"

I'm still a Livi fan and have probably seen more of them the last couple of seasons than you have and you were the "Trust" secretary. :lol: :lol: :lol: