Livingston - all the threads merged

What on earth is happening?

A legitimate and good question on the same topic asked for the 2nd or 3rd time by MCL, and no responses, neither decent nor indecent, from the Livi Trust members/supporters/donors. Come on - get us an answer.

If he wants to get an answer then asking the question on a distant forum aint gonna get him what he's looking for. Ask the question where the majority of Livi fans are instead of hiding out on here.

Oh!!! MCL forgot these; laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif How dare you abandon them now! ohmy.gif

That's because I was being serious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will you be asking questions about the misuse of funds or are you happy to keep your mouth shut in order to join the board ?

If he wants to get an answer then asking the question on a distant forum aint gonna get him what he's looking for. Ask the question where the majority of Livi fans are instead of hiding out on here.

It might be distant but you managed to read it :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol:

It's quite simple: The stated aim of the "Trust" is to raise money to buy shares in Livingston Football Club. Some of the money given in good faith by Livi fans was misused to pay for free tickets to a party. It was mentioned online that a donation would be given to the club in return for the tickets but the amount given has remained a mystery.

It might be distant but you managed to read it rolleyes.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

It's quite simple: The stated aim of the "Trust" is to raise money to buy shares in Livingston Football Club. Some of the money given in good faith by Livi fans was misused to pay for free tickets to a party. It was mentioned online that a donation would be given to the club in return for the tickets but the amount given has remained a mystery.

MCL for Chairman laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

That's a first- you being serious! It would also be a first if I kept my mouth shut! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

It would also be a first if you asked a question that would put the "Trust" board on the spot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweep, sweep...

Now that it looks like Livi will come back up can Livi fans let me know if they are happier to have had a 'winning' season in the third with promotion..or if they'd still rather have had a season in the first with a heavy points penalty and probable relegation to the second where it looks like they'll end up anyway?

Just wondering as the attendances seem to be growing as you head for promotion. Surely its better to have that support behind you going into next season than have lost quite a few from getting relegated?

Also i've read that the board only kept the higher paid full time contracts this year as it would have cost the same to pay them off...fair enough, but does that mean that your squad will be weakened for next year? Its not a dig, I genuinley don't understand how ANY club could not rack up more debt playing in the third with a full time team.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season!

Edited by EdinburghPar1975

Now that it looks like Livi will come back up can Livi fans let me know if they are happier to have had a 'winning' season in the third with promotion..or if they'd still rather have had a season in the first with a heavy points penalty and probable relegation to the second where it looks like they'll end up anyway?

Just wondering as the attendances seem to be growing as you head for promotion. Surely its better to have that support behind you going into next season than have lost quite a few from getting relegated?

Also i've read that the board only kept the higher paid full time contracts this year as it would have cost the same to pay them off...fair enough, but does that mean that your squad will be weakened for next year? Its not a dig, I genuinley don't understand how ANY club could not rack up more debt playing in the third with a full time team.

I would have preferred to remain in the first with a points deduction as per the normal penalty for administration.

The crowds are artificially high due to a number of free tickets being handed out again to the schools. I think the average of paying punters is around 700 per game.

The full time contracts could have been terminated going into admin. The 3 millionaires running the club now are paying the wages, possibly as loans to the club which would mean debt climbing again.

From a fans point of view it's been an enjoyable season, much more so than it would've beeen struggling with a points deduction near/or at the bottom of the 1st Div.

Our squad has a core of young players come through from the under 19's, and has another few coming up again this season, we may lose one or two of the established young players too though, Halliday will most likely be away, but on a whole i think we'll be ok player wise in coping with the 2nd Div (if we are promoted).

Financially i have no idea, can but hope we tighten things up to get in line with our income, understandable that it's not been possible this season with the way we've come through admin, barely surviving it, i have slightly more faith in McDougals ability to make ends meet, then in any of our previous owners, but on our past record that's not saying much, he does have a good rep from previous dealing in football though.

The full time contracts could have been terminated going into admin. The 3 millionaires running the club now are paying the wages, possibly as loans to the club which would mean debt climbing again.

Ged said that no money they were puting into the club (which was less than everybody thinks) were Director's loans in the Dundee programme.

Ged said that no money they were puting into the club (which was less than everybody thinks) were Director's loans in the Dundee programme.

Aye, it must be true then. Massone said a lot of things too... :rolleyes:

Aye, it must be true then. Massone said a lot of things too... :rolleyes:

I know most of the stuff you do is on the wind up and to get a reaction, So much so this thread has become the MCL wind up thread!... But every opportunity you get you take a swipe at the club/board/trust/Bus Convenor etc.. Basically everything Livi related so there must be a bit more of a grudge in this. Read earlier why you aren't keen on the trust, but whats the grudge with the new owners and what seems to be every other Livi fan on Pie and Bovril!!

I know most of the stuff you do is on the wind up and to get a reaction, So much so this thread has become the MCL wind up thread!... But every opportunity you get you take a swipe at the club/board/trust/Bus Convenor etc.. Basically everything Livi related so there must be a bit more of a grudge in this. Read earlier why you aren't keen on the trust, but whats the grudge with the new owners and what seems to be every other Livi fan on Pie and Bovril!!

Wind up ??? Moi ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't have a grudge with the new owners, I just don't trust them to be as straight as they would have us believe. Lots of Livi fans trusted Massone and cheered when he took over (including the bus convenor :lol: ). I'm just waiting until they prove themselves.

As for the Livi fans on here, most of them just disagree with me which is ok if they believe in what they say. Some just disagree because it's me though and go to the extent of telling lies to try and discredit me (like the one about Massone photographed in my car). The same ones that won't answer simple questions about the misuse of funds given in good faith by other Livi fans.

I enjoy the third division far more than the first but I am struggling to deal with the promotion pressure, due to being so pessimistic I would probably have been much more comfortable facing relegation in the first with a points penalty, at least we would know we were definitely going to be in the second division then, this way is just making me sick with nerves as it could all hit the skids. I don't think the crowd is higher due to winning & chasing promotion & think we would have had a bigger crowd if we had stayed in the first division even if we were getting leathered every week.

I enjoy the third division far more than the first but I am struggling to deal with the promotion pressure, due to being so pessimistic I would probably have been much more comfortable facing relegation in the first with a points penalty, at least we would know we were definitely going to be in the second division then, this way is just making me sick with nerves as it could all hit the skids. I don't think the crowd is higher due to winning & chasing promotion & think we would have had a bigger crowd if we had stayed in the first division even if we were getting leathered every week.

Seriously doubt it (unless your talking overall att with away fans boosting the att), look at Airdrie, they must only have had 4 or 500 fans at the Dundee home game, we started off with around 650, now we've about 850 plus the community section adding around 300, i just can't see that many still being here if we were losing most of our games, i think coming through the Divisions, or at least getting promotion this season has been perfect for bringing fans back to games.

I dont think there is a lot of difference between the 2nd and 3rd divisions so, with this team, if we had been relegated one division instead of the harsh two division relegation we could well be sitting in the top 4 with a good chance of getting back into the 1st for next season. However what's done is done and we have performed as well as could be expected given where morale was in early August.

Trying to overcome a points penalty would have had us struggling in the 1st with relegation almost a certainty. The knock on effect that would have had on players and fans would be less pleasant than the mood around the club at present.

alledged corruption at WLC

on the BBC so might be fire where theres smoke.......laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif (™MCL)

It all relates to this story

The council leader mentioned is the same one who put Livi into admin due to not paying the rent then gave the new owners Almondvale rent free for a year, wrote off all the debt and reduced future years rent to £50k per year. Maybe Massone wasn't putting enough into the brown envelopes :lol: :lol: :lol:

The council leader mentioned is the same one who put Livi into admin due to not paying the rent then gave the new owners Almondvale rent free for a year, wrote off all the debt and reduced future years rent to £50k per year. Maybe Massone wasn't putting enough into the brown envelopes :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no mention of the council leader in that story!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Beurskins is one of the Save the Hospital "independents" propping up the SNP administration.

However there is not a word that Peter Johnston has had his fingers in the till.

The council leader mentioned is the same one who put Livi into admin due to not paying the rent then gave the new owners Almondvale rent free for a year, wrote off all the debt and reduced future years rent to £50k per year. Maybe Massone wasn't putting enough into the brown envelopes laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

You sound like you are still grieving badly for our ex-chairman, don't worry they say time heals.