Livingston - all the threads merged

Apologies for butting in as this has nothing to do with my cheating, dying , diddy club, but what does your name mean? unsure.gif

One Team In Glasgow, Fu.ck The Old Firm

(no bother on you 'butting in' btw, you PLL appear to be one of the few reasonable, realistic and honest Livi fans from your posts - that club doesn't deserve you.)

Edited by OTIG_FTOF

In your post.

No, I didn't. Try again.

Typical livi-type response.

Ignore the facts, and come out with BS in an attempt to deflect, and ultimately show yourself up to be the complete embarrassment and failure of a human being that you are.

Yep, its well seen you are a Livi fan. You and your cheating joke of a (dying) club are so well suited.

Yes, let's talk about some facts.

1. You have no idea how much we are spending per week.

2. You have no idea how much we are bringing in per week.

3. There are no director's loans at the club and we are not being issued with any court appointments.

4. Ged's comment about 99p in the £ was made before the club were dumped into "the arse-end of the scottish leagues" with a 1st division wagebill. Incidentally your status as the P&B troglodyte will have made you fail to realise that in accordance of the SFL, the new board were forced to honour contracts and couldn't lay people off without them having a new job lined up.

5. I'm heading to Edinburgh University next year to study Politics & Economics. Clearly, I'm not a 'complete embarassment and failure of a human being' otherwise I wouldn't have been given an unconditional offer.

6. Your pathetic grudge against the club has blinded you to the fact that while we have cheated creditors, we've also contributed a hell of a lot more to Scottish football than your club in recent years, in terms of youth development.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

One Team In Glasgow, Fu.ck The Old Firm

(no bother on you 'butting in' btw, you PLL appear to be one of the few reasonable, realistic and honest Livi fans from your posts - that club doesn't deserve you.)

I thought it had something to do the old firm but couldn't work out the first part, thanks for that, I'm too nosy at times! biggrin.gif

No, I didn't. Try again.

Yes, let's talk about some facts...

Anyone else read the rest of that post as if it were typed by Rafa Benitez? :unsure:

Anyone read The Sun this morning? ph34r.gif

There's something fishy about that story in today's Sun, and I'm not talking about the actions of the SFL. I think this so called investigation will be called off before too long.

There's something fishy about that story in today's Sun, and I'm not talking about the actions of the SFL. I think this so called investigation will be called off before too long.

You're probably right. Who ever made the allegation may be open to legal action though, if it is without any foundation. I think scores were settled, deals done etc, possibly not involving money. Add McMaster's share dealing etc etc. The SFL is proven to be rotten to the core.

No, I didn't. Try again.

Yes, let's talk about some facts.

1. You have no idea how much we are spending per week.

2. You have no idea how much we are bringing in per week.

3. There are no director's loans at the club and we are not being issued with any court appointments.

4. Ged's comment about 99p in the £ was made before the club were dumped into "the arse-end of the scottish leagues" with a 1st division wagebill. Incidentally your status as the P&B troglodyte will have made you fail to realise that in accordance of the SFL, the new board were forced to honour contracts and couldn't lay people off without them having a new job lined up.

5. I'm heading to Edinburgh University next year to study Politics & Economics. Clearly, I'm not a 'complete embarassment and failure of a human being' otherwise I wouldn't have been given an unconditional offer.

6. Your pathetic grudge against the club has blinded you to the fact that while we have cheated creditors, we've also contributed a hell of a lot more to Scottish football than your club in recent years, in terms of youth development.

Point four doesn't stack up as you were still signing players on full-time contracts after that (and the second part of it is simply untrue, since you were going through administration - indeed Clyde scrubbed their full-time contracts even without going through that).

But we've been through all that many times on the thread: I'm more interested in the first part of point three, is that really true? Given McDougall's admission that you aren't balancing the books this season, not to mention the money required for the CVA etc in the first instance, where's the money coming from / who is it owed to?

Point four doesn't stack up as you were still signing players on full-time contracts after that (and the second part of it is simply untrue, since you were going through administration - indeed Clyde scrubbed their full-time contracts even without going through that).

But we've been through all that many times on the thread: I'm more interested in the first part of point three, is that really true? Given McDougall's admission that you aren't balancing the books this season, not to mention the money required for the CVA etc in the first instance, where's the money coming from / who is it owed to?

Err.. No, it's not. In accordance with the SFL when the first liquidation hearing was heard, the new board were forced to honour all contracts, if they received control from Massone..

It's not coming from Director's loans and the bills are being paid, that's all I know.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Ah, okay, so not tearing up contracts was part of the agreement made with teh SFL at that first meeting in which they discussed the rule change to bypass Massone and allow you to remain in the league? I must admit I didn't realise that. But then wasn't that agreement nullified the following week when you failed to provide the bond and they went back on it?

Fair do's though, if you choose to honour them (and indeed sign more) and someone is prepared to put the money up to cover it I obviously don't have a problem with that, I'm just curious as to where the money is coming from.

...................................................................................... and someone is prepared to put the money up to cover it I obviously don't have a problem with that, I'm just curious as to where the money is coming from.

There aren't that many ways to (legally) introduce capital into a business so it will all come out in the laundry.

Given McDougall's admission that you aren't balancing the books this season, not to mention the money required for the CVA etc in the first instance, where's the money coming from / who is it owed to?

McDougall is subsidising the wages, just like he did at Cowdenbeath and also Dunfermline when he was there. I bet he cant wait to get shot of the player on £1100 a week and others in the £800 bracket. The other directors are also putting in hard cash so good luck to them - they deserve the title.

Edited by bleubrazil

McDougall is subsidising the wages, just like he did at Cowdenbeath and also Dunfermline when he was there. I bet he cant wait to get shot of the player on £1100 a week and others in the £800 bracket. The other directors are also putting in hard cash so good luck to them - they deserve the title.

According to the interview done in the MDM the directors all put up money when they bought the club and they haven't added to it or taken out any loans, players have already had their wages reduced or been off loaded, Nixon also said they're trying to get to a not spending more than they earn scenario but understandably it wont happen right away with all that's went on last season and the mess they have to clear up, the main thing is they aren't spending like lunatics (Massone style). With the rent being drastically cut and Trust members helping out doing whatever they can, things have been tightened up quite a bit from previous times, still not ideal but considering the mess we were in it's a big improvement.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I think those wages are wrong. I'm not aware of how much we're paying for Tosh and Hamilton but until January, our highest earner was £850 a week.

According to the interview done in the MDM the directors all put up money when they bought the club and they haven't added to it or taken out any loans, players have already had their wages reduced or been off loaded, Nixon also said they're trying to get to a not spending more than they earn scenario but understandably it wont happen right away with all that's went on last season and the mess they have to clear up, the main thing is they aren't spending like lunatics (Massone style). With the rent being drastically cut and Trust members helping out doing whatever they can, things have been tightened up quite a bit from previous times, still not ideal but considering the mess we were in it's a big improvement.

Off course they have added to it. You dont seriously think they are paying wages up to £1100 a week on current income! Things will be really tightened up come the summer.

Edited by bleubrazil