Livingston - all the threads merged

The problem with what the Shire are asking is that it will open the floodgates for compensation claims when games are postponed, regardless of the reason.

I'm 99% sure that Hamilton were ordered to pay compensation to Stenhousemuir for their costs in the infamous player strike game. Anyone confirm?

During the entire history of Scottish League football, never has a game been awarded 3-0 in the league. Only once has a game been awarded: Renton v Dundee Wanderers in 1894-95 (Renton has scratched the game to play a glamour friendly instead). In every other instance, it has been a core principle of Scottish football that every game is played - and if necessary, the offending club is fined money or points, and the victim club is given suitable compensation from the offending club.

:)

Were Ayr United not awarded the game after Airdrie fans invaded the Somerset Park pitch and forced an abandonment? Or was it just left unplayed for both clubs with a fixture short? Either way you aren't quite 100% correct?

Were Ayr United not awarded the game after Airdrie fans invaded the Somerset Park pitch and forced an abandonment? Or was it just left unplayed for both clubs with a fixture short? Either way you aren't quite 100% correct?

Kinda

Ayr United were 1-0 up at the time, and the result stood as it was. The game was abandoned after Airdrie fans invaded the pitch in a protest against Bill Barr, and the crossbar was broken. Further sanctions weren't taken as Airdrie went tits up in the close season IIRC

Well OK: only on one occasion has a game that wasn't started been unplayed but awarded. On a few occasions games were left unplayed (Morton v Hearts in WWI; Dykehead v Brechin; etc.) :rolleyes: .

Ahoj!

I wouldn't dare ask what these forum members would like to do to us Livi fans! :huh:

Of course I do have an overactive imagination & can be partial to a bit of punishment... :P

We love you and we want to have your babies!

Borys

Ahoj!

Borys: unless you do things differently in Poland, I fear you may have got a basic concept the wrong way round :lol: .

:)

As a father of a nine year old boy, I believe I'm quite well versed in the birds&bees stuff :)

I wanted PLL to feel appreciated :wub: and unthreatened.

Borys

I see we have a new contender on LivvyLions :lol:

playing devils advocate... in my mind either the SFL postponed the game and therefore we

cant be docked points or East Stirling should have turned up - regarding the game as on. They didnt, so tuff nuts.

:lol:

Typical Livingston anti-logic and revisionism.

'The way I see it is, we didn't actually lose at Albion Rovers, we just couldn't score before the ref blew for full-time, but the game was still in progress under appeal, and we scored loads in the warm-down so it's our three points.'

I'm 99% sure that Hamilton were ordered to pay compensation to Stenhousemuir for their costs in the infamous player strike game. Anyone confirm?

Right, now I've actually got five minutes I'll answer my own question now!

BBC Link

That link from BBC Sport confirms that Accies were docked 15 points and ordered to pay compensation of £2,000 to Stenhousemuir for their expenses in the game that never happened. David Longmuir really should check exactly what the previous judgement was before he cites precedent as a reason for a possible 15 point deduction but claims there is no precedence for the host club to be compensated. :rolleyes:

In terms of cash lost by creditors. Which has the greater value, Livi's 2 admins or Dundee's 1?

Livi is two official admins plus a bit of skulduggerry when Keane took over whereby creditors were shafted.

Edited by AND180Y