Livingston - all the threads merged

Game on.

From the club website.

East Stirlingshire Football Club has agreed to fulfil the Third Division fixture against Livingston on Wednesday 30th September 2009.

It is a decision that has been reached after a lot of soul-searching and consultation.

We feel we are being doubly punished for something which was not of our making.

But the club now feels it has won important concessions from the Scottish Football League over the issues that concern us.

“Ultimately, we just want to play football matches,” said vice-chairman Spencer Fearn. “The board has discussed things, we have consulted Jim McInally, the players and the supporters.

“While the directors, coach and players were against playing this game on the date set by the league, we were very much aware that the majority of the fans wanted the match to go ahead and for our campaign to carry on by other means,” said Mr Fearn.

“We are, ultimately, a fans club and for that is the primary reason for agreeing to fulfil the fixture on Wednesday. The supporters are the most important people at our club and their views are paramount.”

But the club’s major shareholder is happy that a threat of a boycott has brought the events leading up to the postponement of the original game on August 8th to a head.

“We have won the argument on a number of different counts. The league has now stated publicly that it will investigate the circumstances surrounding the original postponement.

“Had we complied with the request to play on Wednesday without some form of protest we fear this issue would simply have been forgotten about,” said the club’s vice-chairman.

“As part of this process East Stirlingshire FC has been assured it will be given the opportunity to state its case for compensation.

“We will now keep up the pressure on the SFL to make good these promises and will, if necessary, seek to enlist the support of other member clubs to make sure this issue is dealt with in a matter we consider to be satisfactory.

“East Stirlingshire will take to the field of play on Wednesday but no-one should be in any doubt we are not happy at doing so. And we reserve the right to take further steps if the whole sorry episode is not dealt with satisfactorily.”

The match between the teams was originally set for Saturday 8th August. Livingston had made clear they would not play the game in case it prejudiced their appeal against relegation to the Third Division.

The SFL postponed the match late on the evening of Friday 7th August, leaving Shire to foot the bill for all its normal matchday expenses without any hope of gaining income.

It is now being asked to re-stage the match, incurring the same expenses twice, and is asking for compensation.

You can chunter all you want but the reality is that Livingston were a First Division club while an appeal was ongoing. Recorded SFL fact.

Another recorded SFL fact is that Livingston failed to turn up on the first day of the season. This game was NOT posponed by the SFL it was Livingston.

Good to see we have taken the correct approach and are playing the game but fighting our corner. Hopefully Livingston will get the whats coming to them, 15 point deduction and a £5000 bill from the Shire.

Roll on Wednesday!

Another recorded SFL fact is that Livingston failed to turn up on the first day of the season. This game was NOT posponed by the SFL it was Livingston.

Good to see we have taken the correct approach and are playing the game but fighting our corner. Hopefully Livingston will get the whats coming to them, 15 point deduction and a £5000 bill from the Shire.

Roll on Wednesday!

Well said I am glad you are going to play the game and hopefully Gordon McDougall will pay you the £5000 they are now due you for failing to appear on the first day of the season.

Well said I am glad you are going to play the game and hopefully Gordon McDougall will pay you the £5000 they are now due you for failing to appear on the first day of the season.

He will only pay it if there is the potential for a land deal, ala Tesco Cowdenbeath and ?? Livingston.

That's quite incredible.

Why weren't The Shire awarded the game 3-0 when the opposition refused to play them? Why are they being made to replay the game at their own expense?

Will the S.F.L. ever get anything right?

Oh, and Ayr have never been in administration so I'm allowed to point out that LLD is swerving dangerously close to deflection, if not denial.

He will only pay it if there is the potential for a land deal, ala Tesco Cowdenbeath and ?? Livingston.

id advise McDougall to watch who he is hacking off at present as he has a lot of baggage as do the others who have taken over at Livingston. its like the Dens board room which for years was a magnet for attracting crooks

To throw something else into the mix, although the SFL didn't postpone the game, would it really have made much difference if they had?

Either way, the game was not played because Livi said they weren't playing it. That's the key issue.

East Stirling keep getting this wrong as well.

The SFL never postponed the game; they informed fans and clubs that Livi (cheating scum) would not be playing. There is a difference.

Spot on. Leaving the "First Division club/Third Division club" stuff aside: the fixture was officially issued by the SFL Secretariat on behalf of the Management Committee, it was therefore clearly an offence for Livingston to refuse to turn-up. The SFL (whose statement was worded carefully) simply informed the public and ES that Livi had said they'd scratch. The SFL postponed nothing...

Which would essentially be Livi paying-off ES to keep quiet? This should be dealt with by the SFL and if necessary SFA. Livingston broke the rules, they should be punished according to the rules.

That's quite incredible.

Why weren't The Shire awarded the game 3-0 when the opposition refused to play them? Why are they being made to replay the game at their own expense?

Will the S.F.L. ever get anything right?

During the entire history of Scottish League football, never has a game been awarded 3-0 in the league. Only once has a game been awarded: Renton v Dundee Wanderers in 1894-95 (Renton has scratched the game to play a glamour friendly instead). In every other instance, it has been a core principle of Scottish football that every game is played - and if necessary, the offending club is fined money or points, and the victim club is given suitable compensation from the offending club.

:)

Edited by HibeeJibee

In every other instance, it has been a core principle of Scottish football that every game is played - and if necessary, the offending club is fined money or points, and the victim club is given suitable compensation from the offending club.

:)

That's the crux of the matter. East Stirlingshire should not be out of pocket whatever happens. Livi should pay them compensation for scratching the original fixture and face a points deduction into the bargain.

That's the crux of the matter. East Stirlingshire should not be out of pocket whatever happens. Livi should pay them compensation for scratching the original fixture and face a points deduction into the bargain.

Yes. Why then has ES's approach been to berate the SFL, and (initially) demand £££ from them?

So what would you like to see happen to us?

If by "us" you mean "Livi": you should be fined 10 points for scratching, forced to compensate ES for all losses incurred, and your new board and it's financial activities kept a very close eye on. If you mean "Livi fans": I don't think anything bad toward sensible ones like yourself. You're grand...

To be melodramatic he would blindfold & gag us

I well might: though you're jumping to conclusions about the purpose, and the next bit :rolleyes:;) ...

As I said b4: scratching is among the most contemptible, deplorable offences in the world of football.

Edited by HibeeJibee

If by "us" you mean "Livi": you should be fined 10 points for scratching, forced to compensate ES for all losses incurred, and your new board and it's financial activities kept a very close eye on. If you mean "Livi fans": I don't think anything bad toward sensible ones like yourself. You're grand...

I well might: though you're jumping to conclusions about the purpose, and the next bit :rolleyes:;) ...

As I said b4: scratching is among the most contemptible, deplorable offences in the world of football.

Yes I meant the club, I should have made that clear

I wouldn't dare ask what these forum members would like to do to us Livi fans! :huh:

Of course I do have an overactive imagination & can be partial to a bit of punishment... :P

I was in Brentwood, Essex today, watching the mighty Northwood beat the locals 3-2, and happened to notice that the local council seem to have honoured Mr Blobby........

post-1919-1254001441_thumb.jpg

What next, Angelo Massone Crescent? Dominic Keane Mews?