Livingston - all the threads merged

Did you not go into Administration as Meadowbank?

It appears from companies house records that they dodged the debt by changing the name of the company, leaving the debts with the new old Meadowbank and crusading onwards to run up more debts in the old new Livi.

Livi and some of it's fans are shadey shifty b@stards that wouldn't know decency, morality or truthfulness if it took a penalty kick at their balls.

The same could be said for your mob which makes all your tiresome rhetoric even more laughable.

When it comes to cheating by writing off debt, Dundee are even ahead of the Great Satan, and don't you forget it.

"Tiresome rhetoric"? :lol:

Who do you think you are? Mikhail Gorbachev? :lol:

People in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.

:lol: :lol:

Livi (cheating scum) fans are funny :)

Do you think he is still running it? They knew fine well who would be running it. I will say it again, the questions should have been put to the incoming consortium. They knew fine that McDougall was in the building that day. It suited the vested interests not to. As soon as we were asked to play East Stirling it was becoming obvious that our fate was more or less sealed. Personally I'd rather we had just played the game and got on with things but like you I am just a fan and who ever listens to us.

The incoming consortium could not give a cast iron guarantee as they couldn't guarantee that their CVA proposal would be accepted!!

Vested interests? Is that not what your board and the shifty fella on the sidelines are pushing at the moment by drip feeding shite to the papers? Is it not the vested interest of certain folks (linked to Livi) that have kept this debacle going as they swin around in the murky waters waiting on their payoff when the land is sold?

Oh no it must be all right Saint Ged is involved. :lol::lol:

Edited by AND180Y

Do you think he is still running it? They knew fine well who would be running it. I will say it again, the questions should have been put to the incoming consortium. They knew fine that McDougall was in the building that day. It suited the vested interests not to. As soon as we were asked to play East Stirling it was becoming obvious that our fate was more or less sealed. Personally I'd rather we had just played the game and got on with things but like you I am just a fan and who ever listens to us.

The point is that as a court-appointed administrator, he was running the club at the time, and as such ONLY he could be dealt with. You cannot have a scenario where a club's punishment is decided upon after discussions with someone who hasn't taken over over yet, and who therefore might back out of the deal. That's be ridiculous. Besides, McGruther had clearly been assured by Livi5 that the bond wasn't a problem the at the first meeting. It's therefore very reasonable to assume that something changed before the next meeting with regard to Livi5 ability to post a bond, forcing MrGruther to admit the bond could not be guaranteed, and therefore you were relegated.

You go on about "vested interests". Who exactly? Airdrie and Cowdenbeath? That's it really. How do you explain all the other clubs who voted against you? None of them had much to gain. Livi fans really need to stop believing all the spin from Rankine etc who want you to believe it's a big, bad anti-Livi conspiracy.

Refusing to play ES was an utterly stupid gamble. It may yet come to pass that you are docked a lot of points for that (and deservedly so), which could cost you promotion, and mean another season of Livi5 covering your losses. If you're lucky.

What you SHOULD be doing is asking yourself why a guy like Rankine (and let's not forget Andy Gemmell) want to be involved in your club. Seriously Jimbo, why do you think they are there?

Where's the blinkeredness? Livingston FC acted incorrectly and was punished. I am not disputing that for a nanosecond.

I think the way that the decision was reached was questionable. Did the punishment fit the crime? Was the decision taken for the right reasons - i.e. the good of the game? Both debatable I reckon.

Does it not concern you that the prime mover in the League Management Committee has benefitted financially via his club in the wake of this decision? And that he was involved in the decision making process?

Are you not concerned that other members of the same small committee are no stranger to breaking the rules themselves?

I've read a lot of your posts and you seem to have a clear view that Livingston FC's past conduct has reflected badly on Scottish football. That's fair enough, but I find it strange that you aren't as keen to criticise the very questionable self-serving conduct of the people who run one of the game's governing bodies.

If the SFL had taken the decision that was best for the good of the game, they would not have relegated Livi to the 3rd division... They would have thrown your pathetic cheating,payment avoiding,sorry arses out of the league completely.

And if McIntyre is punished ( which he should be) then Rakbadyin ( knowing he was taking bets from a man who was prohibited from such behavior through his position) should also be dealt with.. They should both be barred from Scottish football..

I hope ES don't turn up on Wednesday as it seems that if they get a 15 point deduction then Livi are nailed on for one as well but if ES do play Livi might get away with no deduction. East Stirlingshire are taking one for the whole of Scottish football and although it will be a shame that they lose 15 points it will be worth it to see Livi getting fucked again and Rankbadyins prediction the Livi will be crowned champions being blown out of the water..

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

I hope ES don't turn up on Wednesday as it seems that if they get a 15 point deduction then Livi are nailed on for one as well but if ES do play Livi might get away with no deduction. East Stirlingshire are taking one for the whole of Scottish football and although it will be a shame that they lose 15 points it will be worth it to see Livi getting fucked again and Rankbadyins prediction the Livi will be crowned champions being blown out of the water..

TBH i don't want to see ES punished and have their season ruined by not turning up. Thanks to Livi they've already lost money, and had a disrupted start to the season. It would be better if they turned up.

Hopefully Livi would still be hit with a points deduction.

It appears from companies house records that they dodged the debt by changing the name of the company, leaving the debts with the new old Meadowbank and crusading onwards to run up more debts in the old new Livi.

Livi and some of it's fans are shadey shifty b@stards that wouldn't know decency, morality or truthfulness if it took a penalty kick at their balls.

Absolute nonsense.

Meadowbank Thistle Football Club Ltd. owned Meadowbank Thistle and it also ran Livingston for years and years after the move.

The only thing that changed in 1995 was the name of the football team. The legal entity remained as was.

If the SFL had taken the decision that was best for the good of the game, they would not have relegated Livi to the 3rd division... They would have thrown your pathetic cheating,payment avoiding,sorry arses out of the league completely.

And if McIntyre is punished ( which he should be) then Rakbadyin ( knowing he was taking bets from a man who was prohibited from such behavior through his position) should also be dealt with.. They should both be barred from Scottish football..

This is all just the same old bile.

You would have a point if Livingston was the only club running up debt and not paying bills, but the last few years are littered with various football clubs doing that.

You don't seem quite as keen to have a go at Dundee who dodged a monster debt well in excess of Livingston's or Motherwell whose chairman ran up millions upon millions in debts, voluntarily went into admin and emerged at the other side still in charge!

I am not agreeing with the way LFC has been run. It has been disgraceful and indefensible, but all you are doing now is repeating pointless bile.

We're in the Third Division. You might think we should have been expelled entirely, but relegation down two divisions is still one of the heaviest punishments to be handed down to any Scottish football club in the history of the game.

There was a very strong rulebook reason why we didn't play East Stirlingshire and the SFL are well aware of it. The whole sorry chapter should be brought to an end with our game v Shire being played at the next date agreeable to both teams, whether that's Wednesday or another date.

This is all just the same old bile.

You would have a point if Livingston was the only club running up debt and not paying bills, but the last few years are littered with various football clubs doing that.

You don't seem quite as keen to have a go at Dundee who dodged a monster debt well in excess of Livingston's or Motherwell whose chairman ran up millions upon millions in debts, voluntarily went into admin and emerged at the other side still in charge!

I am not agreeing with the way LFC has been run. It has been disgraceful and indefensible, but all you are doing now is repeating pointless bile.

We're in the Third Division. You might think we should have been expelled entirely, but relegation down two divisions is still one of the heaviest punishments to be handed down to any Scottish football club in the history of the game.

There was a very strong rulebook reason why we didn't play East Stirlingshire and the SFL are well aware of it. The whole sorry chapter should be brought to an end with our game v Shire being played at the next date agreeable to both teams, whether that's Wednesday or another date.

I think you will find you are mistaken on this . I was very vocal in my criticism of the soapdodgers fiscal skullduggery( and still am)

Do you think that deducting Livi 10 or 15 points would be unfair then??

Absolute nonsense.

Meadowbank Thistle Football Club Ltd. owned Meadowbank Thistle and it also ran Livingston for years and years after the move.

The only thing that changed in 1995 was the name of the football team. The legal entity remained as was.

So Meadowbank wasn't dissolved?

Do you think that deducting Livi 10 or 15 points would be unfair then??

Given that the SFL should never have asked for that game (or the Airdrie and Cowden) ones to be played in the first place, yes.

I appreciate the Shire's position totally, but at the end of the day we had a right as a club to appeal the Management Committee decision and should have not been asked to play in the Third Division until that process was completed.

Whether you agree with the appeal or not, it can't be argued that Livingston were in the business of disrupting the fixtures willy-nilly at that time. Our appeal was put together and decided upon in a far smaller timescale than normal to try and limited the chaos.

The problem with what the Shire are asking is that it will open the floodgates for compensation claims when games are postponed, regardless of the reason.

The problem with what the Shire are asking is that it will open the floodgates for compensation claims when games are postponed, regardless of the reason.

Your game against East Stirling was not postponed by the SFL.

It was a case of it not being played because Livi (cheating scum) said they weren't going to play. There's a world of a difference between that and an "official" postponement because of the weather or cup ties being played.

Your game against East Stirling was not postponed by the SFL.

It was a case of it not being played because Livi (cheating scum) said they weren't going to play. There's a world of a difference between that and an "official" postponement because of the weather or cup ties being played.

You can chunter all you want but the reality is that Livingston were a First Division club while an appeal was ongoing. Recorded SFL fact.

You can chunter all you want but the reality is that Livingston were a First Division club while an appeal was ongoing. Recorded SFL fact.

:lol:

Is that the same recorded "SFL Fact" that Jim Ballantyne was "cajoling" members of the LMC?

Which turned out to be nothing more than "it sounded to me like...."

Jesus, try a little harder will you.