Livingston - all the threads merged

The entire Livingston fiasco has been a disaster on all levels. I can completely understand where the Shire are coming from in this case. How much compensation are the Shire looking for?

The website doesnt say but the SFL wont pay any compensation as they feel other clubs will make the same claims as they see the game as postponed not Livingston refusing to turn up

This decision (deducting points from East Stirling) only goes to show the SFL big-heads are NOT fit for purpose. Considering they were already relegated two divisions anyway I think a 15 point penalty is a wee bit too harsh for Livi, but I see no reason and sympathize completely with the Shire if they are punished because it's a disgraceful decision. Compensation (paid for by McMaster or w/e his name is) and no points deduction is the ONLY sensible way forward.

The website doesnt say but the SFL wont pay any compensation as they feel other clubs will make the same claims as they see the game as postponed not Livingston refusing to turn up

SFL rules entitle the Management Committee to force Livingston to pay for any actual losses ES incurred (i.e. stewards, programs, unsold pies, hospitality refunds, etc.). With no right of appeal to such decision. The SFL should grow some balls and make Livi pay for losses ES have suffered.

David Longmuir is laying a smokescreen by claiming that only the SFL can pay up for ES's losses.

On the other hand, the SFL are clearly showing some guts by proceding with the decision to hit Livi with a 15-point deduction. This club is rapidly becoming a festering, puss-burbling sore upon the good face of Scottish football. As with disease, it must be lanced and disinfected forthwith.

It really is a load of shite, as soon as i heard we were going to refuse to play on Wednesday i knew we would get punished for it and it's just out of order. We're having to pay for another days rent from Stenny to play the game on Wednesday after paying it the first time round. We had 800(i think) programmes printed for the first game of the season against Cowdenbeath on August 8. We had both the Bolton Shire supporters club and the Sheffield Shire supporters club coming upfor the game with trains an hotels booked, so we will lose a lot of money as that will already be a fair few fans down from what it would've been as the game will have to be played midweek. Also playing the game in midweek means we may have a few players out due to work committments and such like. Either all that or get 15 points deducted. It's just a total farce, get both Livi and the SFL to f**k :angry:

Yes the Shire have been hard done by but they should get the game played and let the SFL deal with Livingston by deducting them points. Surely none of the Shire fans want the season ruined by making a stance like this. It seems to me that after the manager getting a 12 match ban and all this controversy they should get their heads down and play some football.

SFL rules entitle the Management Committee to force Livingston to pay for any actual losses ES incurred (i.e. stewards, programs, unsold pies, hospitality refunds, etc.). With no right of appeal to such decision. The SFL should grow some balls and make Livi pay for losses ES have suffered.

David Longmuir is laying a smokescreen by claiming that only the SFL can pay up for ES's losses.

On the other hand, the SFL are clearly showing some guts by proceding with the decision to hit Livi with a 15-point deduction. This club is rapidly becoming a festering, puss-burbling sore upon the good face of Scottish football. As with disease, it must be lanced and disinfected forthwith.

Good face of scottish football....yer having a laugh

The officials could make our politicians look squeeky clean

Considering they were already relegated two divisions anyway I think a 15 point penalty is a wee bit too harsh for Livi,

They scratched a scheduled fixture for only the 5th or 6th time in the history of Scottish League football. There are few crimes of greater abhorration and sickliness within the world of football.

Livi should be fined 10 or 15 pts. and compensate ES for any loss. But, the tie should be played on Wednesday as scheduled, as a matter of honour and decency toward the game's good name.

Compensation (paid for by McMaster or w/e his name is) and no points deduction is the ONLY sensible way forward.

:huh: Why should Brown McMaster pay anything? SFL's actions were entirely vindicated by SFA...

How can anyone comment on speculation...get real!

It's only speculation to me you twat. Surely the insiders at Livingstone F.C. KNOW what is going on and KNOW what is contained in THEIR business plan.. I hope they do anyway..I was only looking for comments from the relevant people. You are obviously not one of them..

And was this possible police action not mentioned at the recent meeting?

I know for a fact it was ;)

Yes the Shire have been hard done by but they should get the game played and let the SFL deal with Livingston by deducting them points. Surely none of the Shire fans want the season ruined by making a stance like this. It seems to me that after the manager getting a 12 match ban and all this controversy they should get their heads down and play some football.

We definitely don't want a points deduction and i think if it's going to happen we have to play this game as that would nacker any chances of winning the league but the whole thing is a shambles that has nothing to do with the Shire, we've been dragged into this by the twats that run the SFL and Ferranti FC/Meadowbank Thistle/Livingston FC/West Lothian Council FC.

I'll reiterate my original point: someone answer this post if they feel so strongly about it. Scotland has some 118 years of League football history and in that entire time I know of only one occasion where a league game was awarded 3-0 or 2-0. This game must be played. Livingston FC must be fined 10 or 15 points, and made to pay East Stirlingshire for any losses incurred (as permitted by the SFL rules). As punishment for Livi's indecent and heinous assault on the principles of football...

It is not SFL's job to compensate East Stirlingshire for losses caused by Livingston's dastardliness. The SFL is an association of 30 clubs. To do so would be to make 30 clubs pay for 1 clubs crimes.

If you get to a stage where clubs start to refuse to play games over financial disputes we enter to a tyranny, a Reign of Terror. East Stirling should play the game - SFL should hammer Livingston...

we've been dragged into this by the twats that run the SFL

No you haven't. It's entirely unfair to pursue SFL for compensation [1] as it was Livi who refused to play the fixture and [2] as it means getting 29 SFL clubs to pay for the heinous crimes of 1...

ES should be lobbying for the SFL to award them compensation from Livi under term Rule 28.4.1.

I'll reiterate my original point: someone answer this post if they feel so strongly about it. Scotland has some 118 years of League football history and in that entire time I know of only one occasion where a league game was awarded 3-0 or 2-0. This game must be played. Livingston FC must be fined 10 or 15 points, and made to pay East Stirlingshire for any losses incurred (as permitted by the SFL rules). As punishment for Livi's indecent and heinous assault on the principles of football...

It is not SFL's job to compensate East Stirlingshire for losses caused by Livingston's dastardliness. The SFL is an association of 30 clubs. To do so would be to make 30 clubs pay for 1 clubs crimes.

If you get to a stage where clubs start to refuse to play games over financial disputes we enter to a tyranny, a Reign of Terror. East Stirling should play the game - SFL should hammer Livingston...

I totally agree with the previous posts, The situation needs to be dealt with before it gets more out of hand, because soon enough other clubs will follow their lead and I feel the game should be played on wednesday as the shire have a good chance of winning the league and i would hate to see one bitr of stubborness cost us one of the best moments in the clubs history

I totally agree with the previous posts, The situation needs to be dealt with before it gets more out of hand, because soon enough other clubs will follow their lead and I feel the game should be played on wednesday as the shire have a good chance of winning the league and i would hate to see one bitr of stubborness cost us one of the best moments in the clubs history

Exactly. As an example, should clubs who got games postponed on Oct 3rd due to ALBA Cup SFs pursue SFL for compensation (they'll be rearranged midweek)? ES are chasing the wrong people!!

No you haven't. It's entirely unfair to pursue SFL for compensation [1] as it was Livi who refused to play the fixture and [2] as it means getting 29 SFL clubs to pay for the heinous crimes of 1...

ES should be lobbying for the SFL to award them compensation from Livi under term Rule 28.4.1.

I don't mean the fact that we now want compensation, i mean the fact that the whole fiasco should have been sorted out by the SFL when it first became clear what was happening, the end of May, and Livi should have been chucked out the SFL before the start of the season so a new team could have been brought into it as they couldn't run as a football club in the SFL and missed every date set to pay their debts, aswell as their players not being paid, so to say we have not been dragged into it partly due to the SFL is a joke. Another thing we shouldn't even have been the club playing Livi because it meant we were originally scheduled to play four consecutive games against Cowdenbeath which is just ridiculous, and caused by the SFL.

I don't mean the fact that we now want compensation, i mean the fact that the whole fiasco should have been sorted out by the SFL when it first became clear what was happening, the end of May,

Oh for god's sake man, get a grip. You want a scenario where the SFL can expel a club on basis of rumours, innuendo and suspicion? Livi didn't undergo court insolvency order until mid-July FFS.

Regardless, we are in the situation where we stand currently. This isn't the SFL's fault, they did not make Livingston FC go into debt and collapse (yet again). Why are Livi, again, a victim here?

and Livi should have been chucked out the SFL before the start of the season so a new team could have been brought into it as they couldn't run as a football club in the SFL and missed every date set to pay their debts, aswell as their players not being paid,

Entering administration is not cause for expulsion. Regardless... it would have caused even more turmoil to promote Airdrie and Cowdenbeath, and go looking for another new club with days to go before the season started, than to have let Livi remain. In fact going by their record over the demotion appeal, would McGruther and Livi 5 not have appealed the decision to expel Livi too...? Possibly in Court of Session (as threatened)? Bringing entire SFL to a standstill for weeks/months?

so to say we have not been dragged into it partly due to the SFL is a joke.

The SFL may have made a massive cock-up of parts, but Livi were the cause and are a continuing cause. My great-grandfather and his team-mates once walked through a snow-storm to get to an SFL game when their train got stuck in a drift in Fife, since they didn't want the good name of Forfar associated with a team not turning up to a playable pitch. Livi's action disgust me. Livi in general disgust me. They continue as a rank and contemptible smear on football's reputation.

Their conduct on the issue rates among the most intolerable in the history of our national game.

Another thing we shouldn't even have been the club playing Livi because it meant we were originally scheduled to play four consecutive games against Cowdenbeath which is just ridiculous, and caused by the SFL.

:huh: you mean having divisions of 10 teams? Decision voted for by member clubs, 1 club 1 vote?

:rolleyes: or are you suggesting the league fixtures and cup draws are being fixed due to corruption...?

Edited by HibeeJibee

after a long break i feel tht i have to come on and stress my anger and dissapointment in the way that the SFA have handled the Shire v Livingston situation. Accorfing to BBC sport both teams look set to be deducted 15 points if the shire refuse to turn up on wednesday.

The only situation before is Hamilton in 2000 and they were deducted points but I feel that a punishment for the shire would be harsh as it was Livingston who called all the contraversy

Heres the link :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ire/8274007.stm

Hello Engy Well seen now that yer burd has dumped ye you have come back to p&b, anyway your right SFL are a fucking joke.

Oh for god's sake man, get a grip. You want a scenario where the SFL can expel a club on basis of rumours, innuendo and suspicion? Livi didn't undergo court insolvency order until mid-July FFS.

Regardless, we are in the situation where we stand currently. This isn't the SFL's fault, they did not make Livingston FC go into debt and collapse (yet again). Why are Livi, again, a victim here?

Entering administration is not cause for expulsion. Regardless... it would have caused even more turmoil to promote Airdrie and Cowdenbeath, and go looking for another new club with days to go before the season started, than to have let Livi remain. In fact going by their record over the demotion appeal, would McGruther and Livi 5 not have appealed the decision to expel Livi too...? Possibly in Court of Session (as threatened)? Bringing entire SFL to a standstill for weeks/months?

The SFL may have made a massive cock-up of parts, but Livi were the cause and are a continuing cause. My great-grandfather and his team-mates once walked through a snow-storm to get to an SFL game when their train got stuck in a drift in Fife, since they didn't want the good name of Forfar associated with a team not turning up to a playable pitch. Livi's action disgust me. Livi in general disgust me. They continue as a rank and contemptible smear on football's reputation.

Their conduct on the issue rates among the most intolerable in the history of our national game.

:huh: you mean having divisions of 10 teams? Decision voted for by member clubs, 1 club 1 vote?

:rolleyes: or are you suggesting the league fixtures and cup draws are being fixed due to corruption...?

Well ok, lets accept the fact that Livi were demoted to the 3rd division, why was it done 3 days before the season was due to start? Livi's fault was it, aye?

I do agree that Livi are scum and have caused the majority of the problems but the SFL have played a major part in it.

And i'm not claiming league fixtures are fixed, it was just a coincedence that we played Cowden in the playoffs after playing them on the last day of the season but making the first game of the season against a team that you've played in all of your last 3 league games is just daft, simple as that.

Well ok, lets accept the fact that Livi were demoted to the 3rd division, why was it done 3 days before the season was due to start? Livi's fault was it, aye?

TBH, fact it happened 3 days before or whatever, as opposed to 9 days, make little difference... Livi would still have wanted to appeal to SFL SGM, SFL MC would still have said "play your ties in the meantime", so therefore Livi would probably still have refused to play ES on the opening day.

And i'm not claiming league fixtures are fixed, it was just a coincedence that we played Cowden in the playoffs after playing them on the last day of the season but making the first game of the season against a team that you've played in all of your last 3 league games is just daft, simple as that.

As someone best placed than most to comment: never make a mistake of presuming something could have been done but wasn't. In fixtures there's a reason for everything and a consequence for every change. Plus we all want fixture allocation to be totally neutral, yep? Or at least want it to be fair for all clubs (i.e. everyone getting a derby day where possible at Christmas). If so - why should the fact that you happened to play a club on game 36, and then happened to play them in a play-off, automatically preclude you from playing them in game 1...? How is that neutral for all?

:)

Edited by HibeeJibee