Livingston - all the threads merged

Out of curiousity & because I haven't a clue about the rules on these things, which clubs do have minors as shareholders? What rules are in place at the moment regarding shareholders?

I haven't the faintest idea which clubs have minors as shareholders... I'd be surprised if there are many others where it is a significant %. (I.e. there will be various kids up and down the land who get 1 share in X club framed as a birthday present; inherits a small shareholding when a father, mother or grandparent dies; etc.). Certainly I don't know of a case other than that of East Fife, and there has been some share dealing at the club since then (and a few years have passed), so it's possible the girl either isn't a shareholder now, or if she is, she may well be over 16. There is no SFL rule I'm aware of regarding minors being shareholders; don't suppose it was ever an issue.

The only Saturdays left without a scheduled league fixture are set aside for the second and third round of the Scottish Cup, it had to be a midweek date (unless both clubs get knocked out of the Scottish in the second round).

Good point well made :P

The East Stirling postponement thread on LL is ful of gems of East Lothian wisdom. COnsider the following:

From the perennial fucktard Livijames:

"They have less of a leg to stand on in their refusal than we did, in my opinion. We were quite entitled to not play the game until the SFL decided to go against what they had originally said in regards to the appeal. This is verging on blackmail to give them the points/get us deducted points"

Another example of why computers should be kept out of the hands of the clinically brain-dead, by cosmia:

"we had genuine reason not to play. theyre just throwing their toys out the pram. hope they come bottom half of the table!"

Deek, perhaps he should change his name to something more appropriate, like Dick:

"Can't quite see the justification for claiming the points since the game was postponed by the SFL as said on their website and indeed the East Stirling website"

Judging by their revisionist stupidity, is it any wonder they get pelters on here?

Judging by their revisionist stupidity, is it any wonder they get pelters on here?

Not in the slightest.

It is a sad reflection on the squirming inaction of the ruling body that it takes East Stirling to show their rumbling discontent for even the rumour of sanctions against this rotten institution.

This club is far too far gone for it ever to be able to attract a benefactor of any sort other than spivs on the make. Put it out of it's misery and the fans can go start their own team with a bit of pride and a decent constitution that can ensure no more Hunter/Keane/Flynn/Massone/Rankine shadiness.

"Can't quite see the justification for claiming the points since the game was postponed by the SFL as said on their website..."

These people really are fucking stupid.

East Stirlingshire v Livingston

The Scottish Football League have this evening been advised that Livingston Football Club will not be fulfilling their IRN-BRU SFL Third Division fixture against East Stirlingshire at Ochilview Park tomorrow, Saturday August 8, which had a scheduled 3.00pm kick off.

It is our duty to communicate this information to all supporters who were planning to attend the match.

This matter will now be referred to the Scottish Football League Management Committee for consideration.

All other fourteen fixtures in the IRN-BRU Scottish Football League will be played tomorrow as previously communicated.

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news...amp;newsid=2845

Where is the word "postponed" in that statement?

The East Stirling postponement thread on LL is ful of gems of East Lothian wisdom

...which is strange, as Livingston is in West Lothian...

(agree with your other points, mind)

These people really are fucking stupid.

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news...amp;newsid=2845

Where is the word "postponed" in that statement?

IRN-BRU Third Division

Saturday 8th August 2009

Kick-off 3.00 p.m.

Postponed due to appeal by Livingston F.C. in relation to decision of the SFL Management Committee to relegate the club to the Third Division.

Will know be played on Wednesday 30th September 2009

Kick-off 7.45 p.m.

http://www.scottishfootballleague.co...44&newsid=2964

They appear to have got it right now though. :P

Edited by jimbo

IRN-BRU Third Division

Saturday 8th August 2009

Kick-off 3.00 p.m.

Postponed due to appeal by Livingston F.C. in relation to decision of the SFL Management Committee to relegate the club to the Third Division.

Will know be played on Wednesday 30th September 2009

Kick-off 7.45 p.m.

http://www.scottishfootballleague.co...44&newsid=2964

They appear to have got it right now though. :P

No, that's an error by the person entering those details.

The important statement is the one I posted.

It's a basic fact: the game was not postponed.

:lol::lol::lol:

Did you type that without smiling?

Oh I see: we've all got to agree with fans of Livi (cheating scum) or we're somehow a bit strange.

I think some Livi (cheating scum) fans need to pull their heads out the sand (we can deal with the ones whose heads are up their own arses at a later date).

Actually, i think Reynard (St Mirren poster) possibly has the word "swampy" copyrighted. Apologies for nicking it :P

While you may believe that Duncan is a pain in the arse, i can perfectly well understand why he's on Livi's cases here. Remember, Livi stiffed him out of money last time round, quite a bit IIRC, not only that, i believe when not being paid, he turned up at Almondvale and they wouldn't even give him his gear back. Quite frankly if i was DF, i'd have been a LOT harsher than he's been.

I'll give you your due PLL, at unlike most of the other Livi fans (and LL crowd) you at least accept your club has behaved badly both pre-season, and since.

Sadly, unless yourself and the seemingly few sceptical Livi fans start asking some serious questions, you're club is fucked. This time permanently.

At the Q&A did Livi5 go into any details about the extent to which they'll be running at a loss? Was the answer meekly accepted?

Livi cannot possibly be full-time and run at a profit until they are in the First. Even then i'd doubt it on crowds rarely reaching 1500. Ask yourself therefore, why Livi5 are prepared to lose money for AT LEAST 2 or 3 seasons. What's in it for them?

Now ask yourself, if you wanted some land, which was worth a lot of money in terms of housing etc development, but had the inconvenience of a football stadium sitting on it, what do you do? Let's say you then discover said club is virtually on its last legs with a madman in charge and a local Council willing to do anything to keep it going for whatever reason. Now, if you were to say take over this club (lets face it, you won't have any competition) for buttons, you could then let it run at a loss for a while, wait till it goes tits up, then get the stadium off a local authority willing to accept virtually anything to save face for a nice price.

Bingo. You now have some very valuable ground, for minimal outlay.

Can anyone think of a club that fits this bill?

I see the "Trust" secretary on LL admitting that they steal stationery and print their flyers at their workplaces without permission. Isn't that the same as getting goods and services then refusing to pay for them ???

Very professional :rolleyes:

post-3931-1253885250_thumb.png

Edited by MCL

If he's lucky.

ES ought to refuse to play the match indefintiely until the cheats have been punished. And I don't think that awarding a 3-0 win to ES should be out of the question either.

Of course. I don't see how anyone with half a brain can't agree that East Stirling should be awarded a 3-0 win. A game was scheduled, one team chose not to turn up for it. In those circumstances, the rules dictate that a 3-0 win is awarded to the other team. There's no argument to be had here. East Stirling should have been awarded the three points at 3pm on the day of the game when Livingston weren't present.

It's absolutely scandulous that the SFL expect East Stirling to play the game.

Incidentally, the responsiblity for the revenue lost by East Stirling should fall on those responsible for the game not going ahead; Livingston's board.

I see absolutely no reasonable argument whatsoever against any of that. A points deduction for Livi is a different argument, but no one can argue that East Stirling are an innocent party in this who have been messed about.

We do have livijames wisdom on LiviLions:

Does a game called off by bad weather have anything to do with the club? It was unfortunate that they were the ones caught out by the appeals process but this sort of thing happens all the time (games getting called off and clubs losing money from it, for the record).

No, this does not happen all the time. A game being postponed due to the weather is the fault of neither team, ergo you can hardly punish a team for it. A game not being played due to a team choosing not to turn up is the fault of said team, therefore they can and should be punished for it.

I see the "Trust" secretary on LL admitting that they steal stationery and print their flyers at their workplaces without permission. Isn't that the same as getting goods and services then refusing to pay for them ???

Very professional :rolleyes:

You really are an idiot.

Forgive me if this has been covered but I just had a chance to read Yesterdays Daily Mail and was shocked to see a report on Livi that said that they would recieve NO MORE CASH from the deal that took Graham Dorrans to WBA. Initialy, they we to get six payments of £25,000 ( each instalment payable on completion of 10 games by Dorrans) It would seem that Mr Massone pulled a Pearce Flynn and renegotiated a FULL SETTLEMENT just before he got punted.. It now seems that Livi 5 are considering invoving the police and hoping to have Massone charged with fraud. This may also relate to the Griffiths transfer fee which also mysteriously vanished into the ether.

Would any members of the Livi board or Livi Trust who are lurking on this threads care to comment on these claims?? And whilst I am here, would anyone like to comment on the Livi business plan for this season as it seems nobody responded to my initial request last week... <_<

after a long break i feel tht i have to come on and stress my anger and dissapointment in the way that the SFA have handled the Shire v Livingston situation. Accorfing to BBC sport both teams look set to be deducted 15 points if the shire refuse to turn up on wednesday.

The only situation before is Hamilton in 2000 and they were deducted points but I feel that a punishment for the shire would be harsh as it was Livingston who called all the contraversy

Heres the link :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ire/8274007.stm

Forgive me if this has been covered but I just had a chance to read Yesterdays Daily Mail and was shocked to see a report on Livi that said that they would recieve NO MORE CASH from the deal that took Graham Dorrans to WBA. Initialy, they we to get six payments of £25,000 ( each instalment payable on completion of 10 games by Dorrans) It would seem that Mr Massone pulled a Pearce Flynn and renegotiated a FULL SETTLEMENT just before he got punted.. It now seems that Livi 5 are considering invoving the police and hoping to have Massone charged with fraud. This may also relate to the Griffiths transfer fee which also mysteriously vanished into the ether.

Would any members of the Livi board or Livi Trust who are lurking on this threads care to comment on these claims?? And whilst I am here, would anyone like to comment on the Livi business plan for this season as it seems nobody responded to my initial request last week... <_<

How can anyone comment on speculation...get real!