Livingston - all the threads merged

Excuse me if I don't read the previous 486 pages of this thread but I have just one simple question. Are Livingston still full-time ? If so how the heck can they afford it on 3rd Division crowds ? Wouldn't they be better going part-time as they could still easily win the 3rd Division with the right players. Just seems crazy that after all the money issues they would continue to justify a full-time set up.

Excuse me if I don't read the previous 486 pages of this thread but I have just one simple question. Are Livingston still full-time ? If so how the heck can they afford it on 3rd Division crowds ? Wouldn't they be better going part-time as they could still easily win the 3rd Division with the right players. Just seems crazy that after all the money issues they would continue to justify a full-time set up.

I shall allow Duncan Freemason or one of the others to answer this question as their answers are much more colourfull & interesting than my club issued ones! :P

Don't worry about it. There are no financial worries at Almondvale (where have I heard that before ? :whistle )

Don't worry about it. There are no financial worries at Almondvale (where have I heard that before ? :whistle )

If anyone wants to ask Rankbadyin a question, just post it on here.. I can assure you that he ( or one of his lakeys) will read it. After my little piece yesterday, I had a phone call this morning telling me that "The Bookie" was aware of my comments and was delighted that ( in his opinion) I was making him look good.. All bluster though, as no amount of spin can make him look good in this saga in my opinion. The one thing we can be assured of is that Neil Rankine is in this deal for one reason and that is money. He is no philanthropist that's for sure and he did not amass a fortune by being stupid. Sneaky perhaps, ruthless, probably, but not stupid. He sees a profit in this deal. Everyman and his dog thinks that that profit will come when a meek WLC sell the stadium on the cheap and then the Livi 5 consortium sell it high for housing development. I find that hard to believe but then I never thought for a minute that they could get WLC and HMRC to accept 5p in the £, so maybe I am just being naive

We have already ascertained that Livi will turn over a lot less than they will payout, so where is the cash coming from to bridge the gap..Even running with only 35 full-time employees at an average of £350 per week would give them a wage bill in excess of £13000 a week when you add employers NI contributions (if they pay them this time round). Add on the day to day running costs of maintenance, utilities, rent, food and beverage costs, insurance, medical costs, bonuses, travel costs ,kit, stewarding and police (I am sure there are a good few more I have missed but you get the general gist anyway) and there will be little left out of £25,000..

That would give an estimated yearly expediture of £1.3 million..

Now to revenue..

22 home matches ( thats giving them 4 cup games) with attendance of 1000 ( more than they are getting right now. Take off 300 season ticket holders, so 700 ( and we will give them an average price of £12 which is probably too high)

£8400 per game x 22.. That will generate just over £184,000.

Lets say they also get £5000 per game( again probably to high) through other sales.( hospitality, programmes, food etc)

That's another £120,000.

Sponsorship..£100,000 ( although why any reputable company would want to be connected to a football club with a history of financial problems like Livi is beyond me)

Money from the league..Cup run ( maybe?) we will give them another £100,000

Now it's pretty easy to see where this is going.. We are only just at £500,000 .. So we could safely say that there will be a deficit of £ 700,000 to £750,000.. ( so much for the quote " We will only spend 99p for every pound we take"

Where will this money to plug the gap come from?? From you Neil? from McDoog? There's been more than 1 fortune lost on this club already and I can't see you throwing yours away..How would you pay for the big house and the cruises??

Now this could be total bollocks and as I have put it up here , I am here to be shot at..

If anyone in the know, and that encludes you Neil ;) , wants to show the world that in fact, Livingston Football Club/Livi 5 actually have a sound business plan which will mean they pay all new debt within an acceptable business timescale and are capable of financing a full-time team without the need to accrue another shit load of unpayable bills, then please feel free to publish the facts on this site and I will be the first to say well done... I won't hold my breath though.

That's why your club is suffering! You spend too much effort on us. :rolleyes:

Nice try at deflection. Your continual whataboutery reflects the general antipathy towards facts that plagues the Livingston support and has brought you to your demise; a crumbling wreck of a club in the lowest tier of senior football.

But still, focus instead on the poor form of a team significantly bigger better and financially healthier than yourself.

Edited by vikingTON