Livingston - all the threads merged

Same old Duncan & same old bile. :(

:huh:

You are utterly bizarre. Or a complete fucking moron - it's hard sometimes to tell.

How can you call what he posts "bile"? He posts hard facts. Or uncomfortable truths if you're a Livi fan. It's not "bile" at all, it's the truth!

The new team in place WILL pay bills at Livingston FC that I am sure off.

How can you be sure of it, FFS? The figures don't come anywhere NEAR adding up! Try actually reading some of the posts Duncan has made on the subject - rather than just childishly dismissing them as "bile" like a twat - and then come back and explain how you're going to pay all the bills as well as paying full-time footballers on gates of 700 or 800 with 300 season ticket holders??

I can't guarantee anything just like you can't confirm they won't be paid - this is a silly debate.

The new team in place WILL pay bills at Livingston FC that I am sure off.

No they won't. They intend starting at 5p in the £. We can be reasonably sure of that intention and absolutely nothing else.

Livingston has survived as a team solely because of the benificence of its council. Not just recently but over a period of years. The latest few hundred grand is probably chicken feed compared to what has gone before. All because some arsehole thinks it is really important to have senior football in West Lothian. Well Peter Johnston, it isn't!! When Bathgate Thistle had to host Livingston v Plymouth earlier this season, you'd have seen a decent pitch with surroundings that were rustic to say the least. How much could the likes of my own club, or Bathgate, Armadale, Livingston Utd or anyone of half a dozen others benefitted from some of the millions that have gone into keeping Livi afloat so that these clowns can get a free bevvy before a game?

Looking from a taxpayer's perspective, Duncan is spot on. You can call it bile if you like but basically your club is going to shite on a whole pile of people to stay afloat (again). They are going to keep building up debt on crowds of between 700 - 1000 once a fortnight. And there is no way that Rankine and his buddies are in this because they are philanthropists. They intend to make money not shell it out by paying their way (after the 5p in the £ episode). Livingston in its current form is nothing but a bonfire for tenners. Fortunately for the club, it's usually a bonfire of someone else's tenners.

I'm more pissed off with Livingston now because of the behaviour of the council. They were instrumental in getting rid of Massone - to protect the taxpayer as I recall. Getting rid of Massone was necessary to protect the taxpayer ... to stop the debt spiralling. What was not necessary was to then shaft the taxpayer by 'giving' £400k away and letting the whole thing start again. Protecting the taxpayer meant finding a buyer who would pay the debt in full or shutting the thing down before it could get any worse and then selling off the land for development to put some of the 'lost' money back into the public purse. Most of West Lothian would find that a perfectly sensible approach. Chucking good money after bad and behaving like a bunch of shysters is not sensible. None of the new owners has a reputation for throwing money away at a lost cause. There is something in this for them. What is in it for the council (or any of the other major creditors)? If I was HMRC and they owed £500k but offered £25k, I'd tell them to shove it but maybe the fact they don't have any assets is the problem. The council are the main beneficiaries of a closed Livingston as they own the only major asset ... so why keep pumping money in there???

No they won't. They intend starting at 5p in the £. We can be reasonably sure of that intention and absolutely nothing else.

Livingston has survived as a team solely because of the benificence of its council. Not just recently but over a period of years. The latest few hundred grand is probably chicken feed compared to what has gone before. All because some arsehole thinks it is really important to have senior football in West Lothian. Well Peter Johnston, it isn't!! When Bathgate Thistle had to host Livingston v Plymouth earlier this season, you'd have seen a decent pitch with surroundings that were rustic to say the least. How much could the likes of my own club, or Bathgate, Armadale, Livingston Utd or anyone of half a dozen others benefitted from some of the millions that have gone into keeping Livi afloat so that these clowns can get a free bevvy before a game?

Looking from a taxpayer's perspective, Duncan is spot on. You can call it bile if you like but basically your club is going to shite on a whole pile of people to stay afloat (again). They are going to keep building up debt on crowds of between 700 - 1000 once a fortnight. And there is no way that Rankine and his buddies are in this because they are philanthropists. They intend to make money not shell it out by paying their way (after the 5p in the £ episode). Livingston in its current form is nothing but a bonfire for tenners. Fortunately for the club, it's usually a bonfire of someone else's tenners.

I'm more pissed off with Livingston now because of the behaviour of the council. They were instrumental in getting rid of Massone - to protect the taxpayer as I recall. Getting rid of Massone was necessary to protect the taxpayer ... to stop the debt spiralling. What was not necessary was to then shaft the taxpayer by 'giving' £400k away and letting the whole thing start again. Protecting the taxpayer meant finding a buyer who would pay the debt in full or shutting the thing down before it could get any worse and then selling off the land for development to put some of the 'lost' money back into the public purse. Most of West Lothian would find that a perfectly sensible approach. Chucking good money after bad and behaving like a bunch of shysters is not sensible. None of the new owners has a reputation for throwing money away at a lost cause. There is something in this for them. What is in it for the council (or any of the other major creditors)? If I was HMRC and they owed £500k but offered £25k, I'd tell them to shove it but maybe the fact they don't have any assets is the problem. The council are the main beneficiaries of a closed Livingston as they own the only major asset ... so why keep pumping money in there???

You're local. Why not ask them?

I thought Livi owned some of the stands?

The last time we played Elgin you could count the away support on one hand

As you're from Cowdenbeath, I'll hazard a guess the answer is "seven"? :P

How the feck can you sustain full time football on 600 crowds.
Just shy of 200 creditors making up that total.
300 season ticket holders??

:huh:

So that's one creditor to every three fans? Or two creditors to every three season tickets? :blink: Livi really are fucked. Or, at least, would be if they played in any other council area in the UK.

Has anyone approached Private Eye about the Livi figures? Their "Rotton Boroughs" column (about corruption in local government) may be interested :unsure::ph34r:

So that's one creditor to every three fans? Or two creditors to every three season tickets? :blink: Livi really are fucked. Or, at least, would be if they played in any other council area in the UK.

Has anyone approached Private Eye about the Livi figures? Their "Rotton Boroughs" column (about corruption in local government) may be interested :unsure::ph34r:

Feck knows how a council can get away with pissing tax payers money away. If I lived in West Lothian I would be raging over this. £400,000 written off to give 600 folk something to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Also why do the SFA/SFL still let them sign players given their finances. Down south both Crystal Palace and AFC Bournemouth had transfer embargos last season due to debt.

Bournemouth still have theirs in place despite having a new owner who has paid off some of the debt the FL told them they were still not in a position to add to their wage bill. This after also have 27 points taken off them in the previous two seasons.

Why don't the SFL have such a system?

Edited by cowdenbeath

The extra fingers come in handy for playing my banjo ;) God I almost miss the banter with Berwick fans :D although it's all Livi's fault :lol:

:D

Everything is their fault. Wasps. Derren Brown. That Chemical spill on the M8 today. Arsene Wenger <_<

Feck knows how a council can get away with pissing tax payers money away. If I lived in West Lothian I would be raging over this. £400,000 written off to give 600 folk something to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Also why do the SFA/SFL still let them sign players given their finances. Down south both Crystal Palace and AFC Bournemouth had transfer embargos last season due to debt.

Bournemouth still have theirs in place despite having a new owner who has paid off some of the debt the FL told them they were still not in a position to add to their wage bill.

Why don't the SFL have such a system?

Totally agree with you there. I'd like to see both sides of an argument, but when Livi have just signed Robbie Winters, I'm flabbergasted

You're local. Why not ask them?

The only way the truth will ever come out is if it's forced out in court or a new administration comes in determined not to be tarred with the same brush. I suspect the current incumbents will pay what is required to keep this away from prying, independent eyes. And the next lot will have pals who were part of the last lot who were up their arse in this. However, I can't see why Audit Scotland would not take a very healthy interest - but they work on a tick-box approach so something as outrageous as this is probably not on their radar.

749 - Count them if you want. That includes directors, sponsors, journalists and complimentary tickets so the 602 attendance mentioned is probably who paid at the gate.

So much for your 'call to arms' ;)

3912983730_5b31240821_b.jpg

Blow that up a bit and you can just see me taking pics trackside

not quite like tynecastle where I was supposed to be

anyone tell me why the 5 a side pitches out the back ar lying in ruin

surely a way to raise money either for the club or the council

The council neglected a lot of established junior clubs to pump money into Livi

and those junior clubs are now a little pissed off to say the least at the goings on

749 - Count them if you want. That includes directors, sponsors, journalists and complimentary tickets so the 602 attendance mentioned is probably who paid at the gate.

So much for your 'call to arms' ;)

3912983730_5b31240821_b.jpg

602 is more likely to be PATG and ST holder numbers. That would mean something like 300 people plus serveries providing the entire takings yesterday. Purely on gate receipts alone, that will have been somewhere between £2,000 and £3,000. Hospitality plus serveries would have brought in something like the same again, but there would be costs associated with those, so in terms of pure after tax profits (they intend to pay tax now don't they?), then their income to run the club for two weeks will be somewhere around the £4,000 to £5,000 mark. Of that, £800 goes towards stadium rent (£1,600 a month this season if the council are to be believed). There is no full time club anywhere else in Britain operating at those kind of revenues levels, and frankly, in this day and age, it is impossible to do so.

602 is more likely to be PATG and ST holder numbers. That would mean something like 300 people plus serveries providing the entire takings yesterday. Purely on gate receipts alone, that will have been somewhere between £2,000 and £3,000. Hospitality plus serveries would have brought in something like the same again, but there would be costs associated with those, so in terms of pure after tax profits (they intend to pay tax now don't they?), then their income to run the club for two weeks will be somewhere around the £4,000 to £5,000 mark. Of that, £800 goes towards stadium rent (£1,600 a month this season if the council are to be believed). There is no full time club anywhere else in Britain operating at those kind of revenues levels, and frankly, in this day and age, it is impossible to do so.

More bile :(

Blow that up a bit and you can just see me taking pics trackside

not quite like tynecastle where I was supposed to be

anyone tell me why the 5 a side pitches out the back ar lying in ruin

surely a way to raise money either for the club or the council

The council neglected a lot of established junior clubs to pump money into Livi

and those junior clubs are now a little pissed off to say the least at the goings on

Land sold off to a house builder. Houses are to be build all round there. I think the credit crunch has hard a part to play that they are not there yet :P