Livingston - all the threads merged

No WAY this story is finished yet. Full-time squad in division three?

This is just the first chapter. Keep it open, please.

Indeed. I remember when Gretna got relegated to the Third last summer some bright spark mod closed the thread, even though that was just the intro.

[1] the SFL clearly didn't believe that and still don't; [2] the SFL can punish them anyway and as the SFL rules allow no appeal for rule breach of that kind - Livi would have to call up another SFA tribunal which would almost certainly rule the SFL competent under its own rules; & [3] Livi didn't scratch all their games, just the first one. They've played plenty "prejudiced" games since :huh: ...?

There cannot be simply a warning, compensation order of £Xk, or suspended sentence for such a grave and heinous offence as scratching. If there is... what's stopping a lower Third Division club scratching a league game the week before a Scottish Cup tie and citing Livi's case as precedent?

But they were played after the appeal to the sfa whose rules make it clear that a punishment is suspended pending an appeal. Also the sfa gave Livi an assurance that playing the games would not prejudice their appeal, something which I presume the sfl would not give ( or else Livi just didnt ask as it suited them not to )

Sadly I believe they can't be touched on that as an appeal is deemed successful until it's voted on according to the SFL rules, so essentially they were a 1st Div team until the appeal was held and didn't need to play the Shire.

Christ almighty, not this again.

Could people please go away and learn basic English. Ta.

No WAY this story is finished yet. Full-time squad in division three?

Is it still possible to get employment funding for youth trainees by retaining a full-time set up of sorts. Albion Rovers did similar some years back.

If so, a further drain on the public purse?

But they were played after the appeal to the sfa whose rules make it clear that a punishment is suspended pending an appeal. Also the sfa gave Livi an assurance that playing the games would not prejudice their appeal, something which I presume the sfl would not give ( or else Livi just didnt ask as it suited them not to )

But they game they didnt play was before the appeal to the SFA. The SFL's rules on punishments and appeals is different to that of the SFA.

Its all in this thread ... somewhere :lol:

Now that the Livi issue has been resolved, as in they are finally accepting their fate, what say I close this bad boy down once and for all?

I created the beast and I (along with the mods) have the power to kill it

I like the idea of me having the final word on a 467 page long thread, if that's what you're asking? :)

To be honest, as much as I desperately wish this damn thread to end, the issues would just be debated on the Livi match threads anyway so it's probably reasonable to keep this as seperate from the football threads until such a time comes that my club proves it's honest & fair, I shall sit & pray to God that this is proved sooner rather than later or I'll be dead before the thread! :huh:

Closing this thread would be like shutting down the lottery, bound to be the biggest and most viewed thread on this site, you can't kill a cash cow. :lol:

I posted my post above after reading a demand from a Thistle supporter for his council tax money refunded on the Livi v Elgin thread! I thought "oh hell not here as well!" :(

To be honest, as much as I desperately wish this damn thread to end, the issues would just be debated on the Livi match threads anyway so it's probably reasonable to keep this as seperate from the football threads until such a time comes that my club proves it's honest & fair, I shall sit & pray to God that this is proved sooner rather than later or I'll be dead before the thread! :huh:

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

....aaaaaaahhhhhhh............

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for that. Keep 'em coming.

Keeping it going will save fans of other teams from being picked on by all the sad bitter types who have posted most on here. Some of them would need therapy anyway to deal with withdrawal symptoms if there was no equivalent thread.

Of course it’s just another service Livi provides for nerdy internet types. :rolleyes:

Keeping it going will save fans of other teams from being picked on by all the sad bitter types who have posted most on here. Some of them would need therapy anyway to deal with withdrawal symptoms if there was no equivalent thread.

Of course it’s just another service Livi provides for nerdy internet types. :rolleyes:

you're pathologically incapable of making a post without including that smilie

Just saw the following on Livi Lions. Anyone who thinks [1] that it's necessary to have a full-time team to win Div 3; [2] that having a full-time team will ensure you win Div 3; or [3] that the losses incurred will in any way be off-set by alleged increases in attendances and turn-over... are mad. Stark raving. But we've been here 3-4 times before.

Fauled argument. [he means flawed argument... clearly WLC's subsidy of Livi isn't the cause of declining schooling].

livingston needs money, it needs turnover. To get that we need a side that wins and performs. It is an investment to have full time staff. Bear in mind in SFL3 the gamble is less in that there are two routes for promotion.

LL has plenty of nutters, like Pedro/LiviJames/Charles Darwin Esq/Deek/Seb530/Biko, all convincing each other the SFA are corrupt and/or it's blazers closing ranks and/or Livi are being victimised. Livi fans need a major reality check.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Just saw the following on Livi Lions. Anyone who thinks [1] that it's necessary to have a full-time team to win Div 3; [2] that having a full-time team will ensure you win Div 3; or [3] that the losses incurred will in any way be off-set by alleged increases in attendances and turn-over... are mad. Stark raving. But we've been here 3-4 times before.

LL has plenty of nutters, like Pedro/LiviJames/Charles Darwin Esq/Deek/Seb530/Biko, all convincing each other the SFA are corrupt and/or it's blazers closing ranks and/or Livi are being victimised. Livi fans need a major reality check.

Is this the same "investement" thats currently 7th in the league and 7 points off top? :lol:

edited to add - and thats before the points deduction :lol: :lol:

Edited by Mr X