Livingston - all the threads merged

LiviLions is reminiscent of the Fuhrerbunker scenes in 'Downfall'. The strict authoritarianism of the forum's moderators allows mentalists like seb to freely move around fictional units (or allegations of corruption, double standards etc), apparently oblivious to the fact that these were blown to smithereens somewhere in the Warsaw area several months ago.

And, like Hitler, Livingston are fucked.

I take it you are still unable to post? :lol:

Very good comparison there VikingTON. It certainly gave me a laugh.

Oh, PLL, DON'T go and see Gamer, it's awful. I've seen some truly abysmal films over the years, but paying $16 to sit through that unmitigated catastrophe was by far the worst decision I made since I decided to invest in Livi...

Save your money and go see something else. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

It does not really matter what it's about if Butler is in it! ;)

The ugly truth was good, did you see that?

Been busy in the past few years, but a few comments. Firstly, this was the right decision from the SFA tribunal. Second, what the hell are Livi going to do with so many full-timers of the books (and they've only just signed Winters!!)? Third, they should be heavily punished for scratching the tie v East Stirlingshire. Fourth, I hope SFA launches an investigation into those men involved - including Rankine. Fifth, Livi's players are going to have to have a steep attitude curve... or they'll wallow in the Third Division. Sixth, I fully expect another Livi "calamity situation" to happen in 2011 or 2012.

I re-highlight the scratching - Livingston should be hammered for this indecent and disgraceful act.

EDIT: To come back to that point on Winters... the club has just blown money on signing a player they will either [1] have to release/terminate his contract due to being in Div 3; or [2] retain him as an unnecessary luxury in Div 3. Either way, how does McGruther justify that to his creditors...?

Edited by HibeeJibee

Third, they should be heavily punished for scratching the tie v East Stirlingshire. .

Sadly I believe they can't be touched on that as an appeal is deemed successful until it's voted on according to the SFL rules, so essentially they were a 1st Div team until the appeal was held and didn't need to play the Shire.

Livingston will continue to run as a full time club according to the BBC website. I fear a bit for them because will all due respect to the third division, the revenue is not very good and if Livi were struggling to make ends meet in the first division then how can they afford to pay the full time contracts of their players on such a pittance of revenue and also pay rent towards the council for the use of Almondvale? Messrs McDougall, Rankine and Nixon are going to have to pump in a substantial amount of money to keep Livi afloat. It's going to be a difficult road for Livingston but if they can work their way out of the third division with the squad they have (which they should walk the league...well on paper anyway) and begin to climb the leagues again, then there might just be a chance for a long term future for the club.

It's worrying times for Livi and they are not out of the woods yet. If I were a Livi fan, I would be hoping that the new consortium will be ploughing cash into the club because if they don't then it will be curtains for Livingston Football Club.

A sign of hope however is the new sponsorship deal they have managed to get. This may allow for more trust to return from potential sponsors and investors to put money into the club.

Edited by Soccer Dark Blue

I don't imagine I'd have lasted long anyway. I'd have been the frontline of truth breaking into their fetid bunker. There could have been suicides.

You never know.

There's an Airdrie fan in there who's lasted amazingly well considering he's managing to get quite a few of their backs up.

I haven't posted in there for a while, but my account is still active.

Sadly I believe they can't be touched on that as an appeal is deemed successful until it's voted on according to the SFL rules, so essentially they were a 1st Div team until the appeal was held and didn't need to play the Shire.

[1] the SFL clearly didn't believe that and still don't; [2] the SFL can punish them anyway and as the SFL rules allow no appeal for rule breach of that kind - Livi would have to call up another SFA tribunal which would almost certainly rule the SFL competent under its own rules; & [3] Livi didn't scratch all their games, just the first one. They've played plenty "prejudiced" games since :huh: ...?

There cannot be simply a warning, compensation order of £Xk, or suspended sentence for such a grave and heinous offence as scratching. If there is... what's stopping a lower Third Division club scratching a league game the week before a Scottish Cup tie and citing Livi's case as precedent?

On the full-time football point: the numbers quite clearly don't stack up. Livi don't look like they're going to be challenging for the title - which would help crowds - but I can't see them getting crowd averages over 600-700 without a run at the title. Presuming 2 home games a month, that's about £12,000 ticket income a month. The money flowing out of the club supporting full-timers would be huge. I realise the rent has been cut, they have sponsors/hospitality etc., but it's still a black hole.

EDIT: And that figure of £12,000 is presuming average crowds of 750; no Season Tickets; and an average price per ticket of £8 (which is being generous as kids, OAPs etc. presumably pay less...).

Edited by HibeeJibee

On the full-time football point: the numbers quite clearly don't stack up. Livi don't look like they're going to be challenging for the title - which would help crowds - but I can't see them getting crowd averages over 600-700 without a run at the title. Presuming 2 home games a month, that's about £12,000 ticket income a month. The money flowing out of the club supporting full-timers would be huge. I realise the rent has been cut, they have sponsors/hospitality etc., but it's still a black hole.

EDIT: And that figure of £12,000 is presuming average crowds of 750; no Season Tickets; and an average price per ticket of £8 (which is being generous as kids, OAPs etc. presumably pay less...).

Exactly mate, the finances are worrying and there is a lot that hinges on these figures i.e crowds which create revenue on match days. The outgoings far outstrip the ingoings and that is the worrying aspect.

There cannot be simply a warning, compensation order of £Xk, or suspended sentence for such a grave and heinous offence as scratching. If there is... what's stopping a lower Third Division club scratching a league game the week before a Scottish Cup tie and citing Livi's case as precedent?

Spoken like the true genius of a fixtures secretary that you are HJ.

I don't fancy the trip to Coldstream much on Saturday, party that night and a long trip back to Basingstoke the next day - you couldn't scratch it for me could you?

[1] the SFL clearly didn't believe that and still don't; [2] the SFL can punish them anyway and as the SFL rules allow no appeal for rule breach of that kind - Livi would have to call up another SFA tribunal which would almost certainly rule the SFL competent under its own rules; & [3] Livi didn't scratch all their games, just the first one. They've played plenty "prejudiced" games since :huh: ...?

The SFL still had them under 1st division banner on Monday.

Livi's imperative is simply to mould itself into a sustainable football club. If you're a Livi fan, you need to be pushing for part-time football and a slimmed down club for now. And you need to make sure you have a good board, with a decent number of independent, strong-minded members to keep the club on a stable course.

You've been shown two yellow cards, and you can count your lucky stars you seem to have Graham Poll as referee. Don't flirt with a terminal third yellow.

And, whilst I'm here, I don't believe Livi should be heavily penalised for not playing the East Stirlingshire game. I think awarding it 3-0 to East Stirling, with a compensation order, would be sufficient, given the circumstances.

Now that the Livi issue has been resolved, as in they are finally accepting their fate, what say I close this bad boy down once and for all?

I created the beast and I (along with the mods) have the power to kill it