Livingston - all the threads merged

Daily Rantic has relegated livi story to 11 pages in from the back. After tennis and racing. Anyhoos, gist of story (not online) acceptance of decision, waiting on written judgement before any further action considered (CAS) and McDoog's belief that Livi can still prosper. So nothing new.

The statement on the Livi homepage sounds like they have finally accepted their fate and will not appeal the relegation any more.

Surely they'll start getting rid of their full time players now?

If they are not taking it any higher they'll have no choice,don't think over spending wildly is their style going by their previous clubs.

The statement on the Livi homepage sounds like they have finally accepted their fate and will not appeal the relegation any more.

Surely they'll start getting rid of their full time players now?

Don't bet on it! - apparently they were still touting full-time contracts ( or something similar) a few days ago.

The magnificent five will cover the cost - or not? We'll see how dedicated they are now.

There's two schools of thought- either the SFL will be so pissed off that they will deduct every point won by Livingston for the next ten seasons, or they'll decide enough's enough and not risk another round of hand wringing and whining, another round of appeals, etc, and just give them a token deduction. Rankine and MacDougall's contemptible aggression in the media really has backfired though, and now they look as vulnerable as a Sopwith Camel in the gunsights of a Eurofighter. Those predicting the early collapse of the club though are wide of the mark. MacDougall and that Nixon won't walk away even if Rankine does.

As for the thread, well apathy and lack of recent new information mean that its best days are behind it, like a fading once-beautiful ocean liner turned into a Tuxedo-Princess type blade-merchant's venu..er, sorry, "nightclub". Phantoms Livi lass is still doing her best to drum up business with her "Greatest" Hits of Lloyd Weber contradiction-in-terms karaoke on the foredeck, AND 180Y is carving scurrilous graffiti into the bog wall with a school compass, ayrmad is shouting angrily about injustices on the quayside, fighting to be heard above the sonorous Calvinist fire-and-brimstone oratory of Duncan Freemason, but most of the punters have moved on.

It won't be long before she's towed away to be scuttled in the Scapa Flow that is P&B Gold. Roughly about the same time that the developers move in to level a deserted Almondvale, in fact.

(awaits "jimbo" to return with his customary :rolleyes: )

Can't get near the quayside for flats these days. :(

BBBByyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eee.

Do you guys never get bored of Livi-baiting? Has it not reached the stage where it's like kicking a drunk tramp lying on the pavement?

Stuart

No. If I detected any contrition or resignation from the Livi faithful I'd stop. But they still don't see anything amiss, believe it or not.

The fans of my club have raised nowt in the last 5 years,could we raise enough to buyout the board at present? I'm sure we could if we really wanted to.

The Honest Men Trust have contributd over £50,000 directly to Ayr United F.C. since 2003.

The Honest Men Trust have contributd over £50,000 directly to Ayr United F.C. since 2003.

I'm mistaken, obviously,I thought their contributions were going to the academy.

Duncan has signed off from the thread? It's the end of an era.

I'm not going to promise to do the same, the Livingston drama has plenty of mileage in it yet. Not because of the remaining loose end of the postponed fixture, which I don't see as that big a deal - a compensation payment to the Shire should cover it - but they still seem to be living beyond their income even while they've yet to agree a CVA for the last lot of debts, and that's obviously not a situation that can go on for very long.

I await developments.

It now looks as if things will settle down a bit and everyone gets back to the actual football. Livingston will now just have to dust themselves down and get on with the task of climbing the leagues again. They did it before, so they could do it again. Mind you, it all depends on how involved the new owners will be, i.e how much money there will be available for Boylan to strengthen the squad in January (wages, not transfer fees) and also how many fans will turn up to watch third division football (no disrespect to either Livi fans or the Third Division)

It now allows Livi a chance to rebuild the club and start afresh. It'll allow both the club and it's fans to appreciate that they still have a club and that playing in the Third Division is not the end of the world, it could have been a lot worse (See Gretna FC)

There is no point for Livi to go to the Courts of Arbitration because it will be a costly and lengthy procedure, one of which would put all of the season's results in limbo and would further add chaos to an already chaotic situation, something which the other SFL teams will take a dim view of if the results were scrapped based on the findings of the Court of Arbitration.

I think Livingston FC will now have to accept the final verdict of their last appeal and get back to playing football.

Edited by Soccer Dark Blue

A Brief Guide To Understanding Football Finances

1. Ask 'ayrmad' for his opinion

2. Completely reverse it in its every detail

3. Congratulations!

You are correct,

There are no other clubs teetering on the brink.

Our gate prices are too cheap.

All clubs are working within a 60% ratio wages:turnover.

Our clubs have young fans falling over themselves to get in every weekend.

We have the cash to compete with other leagues for players.

TV companies will break the bank to get our product.

Our clubs are full of innovation.

There's two schools of thought- either the SFL will be so pissed off that they will deduct every point won by Livingston for the next ten seasons, or they'll decide enough's enough and not risk another round of hand wringing and whining, another round of appeals, etc, and just give them a token deduction. Rankine and MacDougall's contemptible aggression in the media really has backfired though, and now they look as vulnerable as a Sopwith Camel in the gunsights of a Eurofighter. Those predicting the early collapse of the club though are wide of the mark. MacDougall and that Nixon won't walk away even if Rankine does.

As for the thread, well apathy and lack of recent new information mean that its best days are behind it, like a fading once-beautiful ocean liner turned into a Tuxedo-Princess type blade-merchant's venu..er, sorry, "nightclub". Phantoms Livi lass is still doing her best to drum up business with her "Greatest" Hits of Lloyd Weber contradiction-in-terms karaoke on the foredeck, AND 180Y is carving scurrilous graffiti into the bog wall with a school compass, ayrmad is shouting angrily about injustices on the quayside, fighting to be heard above the sonorous Calvinist fire-and-brimstone oratory of Duncan Freemason, but most of the punters have moved on.

It won't be long before she's towed away to be scuttled in the Scapa Flow that is P&B Gold. Roughly about the same time that the developers move in to level a deserted Almondvale, in fact.

(awaits "jimbo" to return with his customary :rolleyes: )

Point taken, Off to the phantom forums I trot.... :)

So the appeal was rejected (no surprise there) which makes the last two thousand or so posts fairly irrelevant except, of course, for my suggestion that the number of posts in this thread will be greater than Livingston's aggregate attendance for the season. :rolleyes:

LiviLions is reminiscent of the Fuhrerbunker scenes in 'Downfall'. The strict authoritarianism of the forum's moderators allows mentalists like seb to freely move around fictional units (or allegations of corruption, double standards etc), apparently oblivious to the fact that these were blown to smithereens somewhere in the Warsaw area several months ago.

And, like Hitler, Livingston are fucked.

Very good comparison there VikingTON. It certainly gave me a laugh.

Oh, PLL, DON'T go and see Gamer, it's awful. I've seen some truly abysmal films over the years, but paying $16 to sit through that unmitigated catastrophe was by far the worst decision I made since I decided to invest in Livi...

Save your money and go see something else. Trust me, you'll thank me later.