Livingston - all the threads merged

The SFL have it in the rules that they can punish clubs however they see fit if a club enters into administration/liquidation process. Livi appealed to the SFA that they punishment dished out by the SFL was severe. How could the SFA come to any other conclusion that the SFL had not acted improper. Clubs with a direct vested interest were barred from voting, again providing a fair hearing.

I cannot believe that any Livi fan truly thought that it would be overturned and there appeal would be up-held. The fact that Livi are still paying full-time players first division wages prove that they are still living in cloud cuckoo land, fantasy football played out with money they do not have. Clyde could not afford to pay players so terminated thier contracts but Livi carry on like the band on the Titanic. A truly tragic and pathetically run club. Next crisis for them will not be far away in my opinion.

Very pleased that all of this is now over. The Livingston saga has cast a shadow over the beginning of the season that has now been finally lifted.

I do feel that a points deduction, and Livingston remaining a first division club, would have been the better punishment from the outset, but that apart, absolutely the right decision has been made today.

Livi have had a fair hearing today. An independent panel, including a judge, has ruled on this one so they can have no complaints. If they want to go to the CAS, that's up to them, but the rest of us should now move on as it is inconeivable to think that after all of this, they will end up getting a decision.

I think the conduct of Rankine has been a disgrace over the past couple of weeks and, sadly, it appears Livi are lurching back into old ways by signing Robbie Winters. He isn't signing for £25 a week plus petrol money is he? The fact the council are writing off taxpayers cash at a stroke and will end up subsidising the club again, through the stadium, over the next few years is utterly ridiculous.

But I do hope certain matters are addressed following this episode. Firstly, I don't believe decisions of this magnitude should be taken by people who can be accused of/may have vested interests. An independent panel should be formed for these types of cases.

Secondly, I think some hard and fast rules need to be set on clubs falling into insolvency. Effectively, the SFL have relegated two clubs to the third division for falling into insolvency. Is this what is going to happen to everyone else? Some clarification is required.

it was any independant panel, so it was seen as good. It was taking a long time to come to the end of the deliberations, so it was good, and for some, that meant no preconceived outcome, so it was good. Yet despite this, when the decision is made by teh independant panel, then it is corrupt. Never for a moment considering that after all these years of taking the piss (and the cash), that Livvy finally got what Livvy deserved.

So can we just get on with things and have a bit of peace now maybe? :rolleyes:

Now that the correct decision has been reached Livvy must be punished for not fulfilling a fixture. The precedent was set with Hamilton Accies all those years ago so a 15 point deduction should be forthcoming.

I'd argue that Livi's "crime" is greater.

With Hamilton, it was the players who refused to play, so you can't entirely blame the club's management. Whereas the decision not to play the Shire was obviously sanctioned by the Livi board

Thank god that's over! What a bloody carry-on! I thought I got barred from Livilions but I got back on, I was a bit confused as I've not been bad! :huh: It will be all you nosy gits overloading it no doubt. :P

Can this thread die now? Or do we have to keep it until the punishment is dealt? :rolleyes:

This thread will last longer than your club.

I thought I got barred from Livilions but I got back on, I was a bit confused as I've not been bad! :huh: It will be all you nosy gits overloading it no doubt. :P

...it's be all of the aliases created by a certain someone :ph34r: