Livingston - all the threads merged

So let me get this straight; Rankine complains about MacIntyre placing illegal bets with him...even though he gladly accepts the bets. He also has a problem with McMaster holding shares in two teams at the same time by proxy, even though he himself does the same thing. Ballantyne also comes under fire from Rankine for "participating" in discussions on Livingston's fate, and indeed tried to influence the vote...even though the end result of the meeting was for Livi to remain in the First. Am I correct so far?

Rankine seems to be nothing more than a scumbag of the highest order. And this is the guy who will be part of the consortium running the country's most historically corrupt club.

The vultures are roosting in the rafters at Almondvale.

But Jim Ballantyne was vociferous in his condemnation of Livi's antics months back in both the local press and the match progamme, They have cheated was his opinion especially after they signed players we could not in january, I'm sure both articles included Clyde as well, given that they too gazumped us for players last summer only to be unable to pay them. The man's entitled to an opinion, i'm sure the other chairmen were well aware of it before any meetings took place, he would have took the same stance had we won the play off. it's mud slinging and he better be careful because from what i can gather if it hits the fan most of it will blow back onto him and his horrible dress sense.

I disagree with you on that point.

I think it depends. If the SFA refer the punishment back to the SFL Management Committee and, say for example, the SFL MC reinstate Livi but deduct 10 points, any club aggrieved with a decision of the MC can appeal. It doesn't have to be the club punished who appeals, it could be any one of the SFL clubs who can appeal a decision.

Of course, if the decision is made by the SFA, that is a different matter.

Yes I was referring to a scenario where the SFA tribunal take it upon themselves to set down an alternative punishment. As I said it's very unlikely to happen. We should find out within the hour.

This is a bloody joke! Why do they take the whole day? It just winds me up. :angry:

A few years ago there was a disciplinary independent hearing, which started late (as one of the member missed their train); took longer than anticipated; wasn't finished up by 5pm; and had to be concluded on the next day when all the members were available... Which happened to be the following Tuesday, which meant the tribunal actually finished 5 1/2 days after it started :lol:;) .

Perhaps the soup wasn't to the panel's liking - and so they've decided to reconvene tomorrow...?

A few years ago there was a disciplinary independent hearing, which started late (as one of the member missed their train); took longer than anticipated; wasn't finished up by 5pm; and had to be concluded on the next day when all the members were available... Which happened to be the following Tuesday, which meant the tribunal actually finished 5 1/2 days after it started :lol:;) .

Perhaps the soup wasn't to the panel's liking - and so they've decided to reconvene tomorrow...?

FFS! Don't tempt fate! :o