Livingston - all the threads merged

It,s nearly Monday ...Oh goody...This time tomorrow hopefully the Livi saga will be done and dusted and the c*****d

b******s that are the Livi 5 group will have nowhere left to go. Then we'll see what they are really about. 3rd division football, points deduction, , pish attendances, bills to be paid, dire revenue...Lets see how long they hang about when it starts costing them £5000 a week each..Their tactics up to now have been disgusting, disruptive and disrespectful..

I wonder what they will do when the game is finally up. :unsure:

I don't know for sure that the pensioners are going without just because of Livi.

No? O.K let's look at it in more general terms.

Would you accept that Local Authorities only have a finite overall budget and therefore can't meet all demands placed upon them?

If you do accept that point, would you also agree that within the confines of such a budget, helping one organisation means some other group has to lose out as their demand cannot be met?

No? O.K let's look at it in more general terms.

Would you accept that Local Authorities only have a finite overall budget and therefore can't meet all demands placed upon them?

If you do accept that point, would you also agree that within the confines of such a budget, helping one organisation means some other group has to lose out as their demand cannot be met?

Yes, I do agree with that. :(

I worry that you might actually believe that.

Of course,14 years is not long,plenty of Livi residents of 25+ would already have a team that they supported 14 years ago,my clubs hard core of fans have went for 20-40 years.

Of course,14 years is not long,plenty of Livi residents of 25+ would already have a team that they supported 14 years ago,my clubs hard core of fans have went for 20-40 years.

If they had grown organically gathering fans as they went then there might have been a community affinity. Instead they bought their way up the leagues shafting all and sundry as they got there.

Folks have lost their jobs through dealing with LFC, families have gone without because of LFC. Little wonder the wider community don't give two figs about them.

If they had grown organically gathering fans as they went then there might have been a community affinity. Instead they bought their way up the leagues shafting all and sundry as they got there.

Folks have lost their jobs through dealing with LFC, families have gone without because of LFC. Little wonder the wider community don't give two figs about them.

I'm sure, if Livi can do things correctly over time, then like other teams who engage with their local community, they will develop a fanbase relative to the size of their town ie.below top 6 and above div 2.

That may take 10 or 20 years of doing things properly,but unless you're saying the residents of Livi are different from all other towns in Scotland,then it is feasable and in fact inevitable.

Excellent, perhaps you're not as vacuous as I first thought. ;)

Because I support Livi as a team does not mean I support all that the club does, I do live here as well & am very aware of the effects it has had on the community as a whole, this is why I've been one of the loudest at trying to get the club run fairly & honestly all along. I have not put any blind faith in the new board & have said I would not do so until they proved they were doing all that they promised to, this still remains to be seen so until I see proof of this I won't be praising them. Perhaps you think it easy to walk away from supporting a team as it's only been there for 14 years? I don't I'm afraid.

It,s nearly Monday ...Oh goody...This time tomorrow hopefully the Livi saga will be done and dusted and the c*****d

b******s that are the Livi 5 group will have nowhere left to go. Then we'll see what they are really about. 3rd division football, points deduction, , pish attendances, bills to be paid, dire revenue...Lets see how long they hang about when it starts costing them £5000 a week each..Their tactics up to now have been disgusting, disruptive and disrespectful..

I wonder what they will do when the game is finally up. :unsure:

:lol:

The UN Security Council is on stand-by for further talks.

This would be the guy who gave his shares in East Fife to a young relative

Very true - I'd be careful flinging shite if I were the "Livi Five" :unsure:

Very true - I'd be careful flinging shite if I were the "Livi Five" :unsure:

It's amazing what info is out there on each of them!!

Out of the 5 I'd seriously doubt if 4 would pass fit and proper persons tests (it might be 5 but I don't know who the 5th member is), yet all of them have been blindly accepted and are now worshipped by the majority of the Livi Support.

Edited by AND180Y

In the public domain? Then print it and be damned, old boy. We have the right to know. :P

BTW has Rankine been making confidential information public (eg Mcintyre's betting) contrary to bookmaker statute (or some such legalese?) If so who do we upstanding citizens inform?

Edited by glensburgh

Out of the 5 I'd seriously doubt if 4 would pass fit and proper persons tests (it might be 5 but I don't know who the 5th member is), yet all of them have been blindly accepted and are now worshipped by the majority of the Livi Support

...and by West Lothian Council :unsure:

In the public domain? Then print it and be damned, old boy. We have the right to know. :P

BTW has Rankine been making confidential information public (eg Mcintyre's betting) contrary to bookmaker statute (or some such legalese?) If so who do we upstanding citizens inform?

I did wonder what the legalities of allowing tick for betting was? I remember reading in the papers about someone suing (and winning) one of the large bookies for allowing him to run up huge debts!!