Livingston - all the threads merged

So, back into the First Division as if nothing has happened with no punishment.

Gotta love Scottish football. Even Italy can manage to demote clubs that infringe rules. :rolleyes:

Still, at least Ayr might benefit from it. I should be delighted really. :lol:

Livi's own little Lord Haw Haw seems to have plenty to post though.

I dare say this all absolves Livi of all their financial shenanigans over the past few years does it?

Where have I wanted to absolve Livi of blame,when we relegate all the teams with financial problems down to div 3 where do we go? and where does a div 3 team go if they commit the same.

It makes more sense to me deducting 20 points and placing a transfer embargo on a team,almost certain relegation without crippling an already cash strapped team.

Edited by ayrmad

Where have I wanted to absolve Livi of blame,when we relegate all the teams with financial problems down to div 3 where do we go? and where does a div 3 team go if they commit the same.

It makes more sense to me deducting 20 points and placing a transfer embargo on a team,almost certain relegation without crippling an already cash strapped team.

Think in Livi's case it was a bit more than "financial problems"

How would you feel if your team got relegated because the team below you overspent to the same extent as Livi thereby avoiding relegation? And then not paying the bills?

They got off lightly by being punted to the third!

Maybe you are thinking that if they stayed in the first and got docked the twenty points that would be a cushion for Ayr this season? I'm sure Ayr would be only too happy for Livi to get the points deduction.

Think in Livi's case it was a bit more than "financial problems"

There will be nothing that others aren't doing.

How would you feel if your team got relegated because the team below you overspent to the same extent as Livi thereby avoiding relegation? And then not paying the bills?

My team got to a cup final through overspending,Killie,Rangers,Hearts and others are where they are due to overspending,although all paying their bills at the moment,some I've no doubt will cease in the future.

They got off lightly by being punted to the third!

You've got the same forward thinking abilities as those in the halls of power.

Maybe you are thinking that if they stayed in the first and got docked the twenty points that would be a cushion for Ayr this season? I'm sure Ayr would be only too happy for Livi to get the points deduction.

If my team are bad enough to be relegated I'd rather watch them in the division below winning and competing more often.

When are you cheating?

Is it during the act or is it when you get caught?

Edited by ayrmad

Y'see, it's the "almost" word that doesn't work for most right minded people. The point deduction isn't really any sort of punishment whatsoever. Relegation most certainly is. I don't think it's too clever to pass a judgement which says "we are almost certainly going to punish you".

LFC are (as someone else mentioned) a magnet for crooks and comic singers. Until such time as LFC is given a clear message that their behaviour isn't acceptable, then it will keep on happening.

There's a piece in a local paper quoting the illustrious council leader of West Lothian. Forme at least, if further re-inforces who the players are. Look beyond the political bollox, and there is some interesting stuff in there....................

Published Date: 01 September 2009

WEST Lothian Council has agreed to take steps to support senior football in the area.

Earlier this year the council took Livingston Football Club, which has been reported as being £1.7 million in debt, to court for unpaid rent, which resulted in the club being put into administration.

Council Leader Peter Johnston said: "We believe that senior football is important to West Lothian.

"Regrettably what we inherited was an historic arrangement, made in 2005, which allowed the club to pay its rent a year in arrears. It is well documented that the council tried to help the club through a financially difficult period by providing a debt repayment schedule. When this failed we had no alternative to court action to seek to recover the rent due.

"The council's court action made it clear that the previous ownership had run up substantial debts and had no funds to repay these. The options then were for the club to go into liquidation, and with no assets the council would not have received any funds at all. The most positive option, and the council's aim, is that West Lothian's state of the art stadium is used for senior football.

"We have decided to work with the Administrator and the new owners who are prepared to put substantial sums of their own money into providing a new start for Livingston FC. We believe this is a far better option than forcing the club into liquidation. Like other creditors we hope that, in due course, the Administrator will be able to make partial repayment of the sums due to us."

The revised rent will be payable monthly in advance by Direct Debit at a level which reflects the Division the Football Club is in for the season.

The rent and non-domestic rates are both the subject of a claim submitted to the Administrator of Livingston Football Club.

Edited by Guest

There will be nothing that others aren't doing.

Does that mean it's OK then?

My team got to a cup final through overspending,Killie,Rangers,Hearts and others are where they are due to overspending,although all paying their bills at the moment,some I've no doubt will cease in the future.

And they will be dealt with one would hope.

You've got the same forward thinking abilities as those in the halls of power.

Don't get personal! must have some truth in the last comment!

If my team are bad enough to be relegated I'd rather watch them in the division below winning and competing more often.

Yes, maybe but your are hoping that Livi will be a bit worse - suspect Airdrie have more chance of staying up than Livi -20points!

When are you cheating?

Is it during the act or is it when you get caught?

OK so we assume everyone that hasn't been caught is cheating - get real! Nugget.