25 August 2009

Issue Number:

Page number:

Publication Date: Tuesday, 25 August 2009

Notice Code: 2410

Appointment of Administrators

Company Name: LIVINGSTON FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

Company Number: SC142420

Nature of Business: Operate sports arenas & stadiums.

Trade Classification: Division 8—46 Other Services.

Administrator appointed on: 18 August 2009.

By order of: the Court of Session in Edinburgh

Administrator’s Name and Address: Duncan Donald McGruther (IP No. 006444), Mazars LLP, 90 St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5UB

Somebody should get that posted on Livilions and then watch as the forum goes into melt down...

New board?? same old bullshit... :lol:

What's the Nature of Business all about?

Can someone explain wtf is going on?

As much as I'd love to be witty and urbane at this juncture I am all kinds of confused.

Might be wrong but I'm sure that the board said they would let the club go into full adminstration so that McGruthers could deal with the creditors seperately.

Whenabouts do you remember this being said?

You won't find a Berwick strip on this thread swampy, move along now...

That's him telt ;):D

I obviously haven't got a clue how these things work, but the way you say it makes it sound (to me) very much like avoiding responsibility? Surely you/they didn't mean that? :o

You have entered into full administration. This means that your new owners are not in charge of the business. McGruther (he with not the best rep in the business) is now the administrator, nothing "interim" about it. You have new owners who two days after taking over the club, have now put it into administration, and in every legal sense, have relinquished any and all control of LFC.

Would your new open and honest board have tried to have swung the SFL1 thing in the knowledge that they had to do it quickly knowing that they would be going into administration really soon, and that would have blown their case out of the water? Surely not.

Any and all debts (including those accrued since the new board took over) will now be set aside pending negotiations over payment (or not). If this is some pre-planned deal, then Mr McGruther is skating on thin ice if he is effectively doing the bidding of the new board. It really is dodgey territory.

How Mazars are being funded, a player being signed on a two year contract while all the while creditors remain unpaid, well, it's all part of the Livvy mystery.

Even more mysterious is that it hasn't been one of the hottest topics in town on LL. I presume naming a teddy bear currently ranks a bit higher up on the scale of importance. I'm not understanding why that should be so, and why it has not been formally announced by the new open and communicative board. Lets face it, that simply isn't right, is it?

Oh,and administration isn't about appointing McGruther to "take care of the creditors separately" while the board carry on operating the club as they see fit. If that is the plan and what is happening, then Donny McGruther ain't doing the job he was appointed to do. He is not an employee of the board.

Edited by Guest

A question for the Livi fans.

Do any of you know who is running your club or what is actually happening?

......................and there is an amazing chunk of irony in the fact that the (rightly) villified Massone did NOT take Livingston FC into full blown administration. However, the new shiney bright BoD have taken them into administration, and that fact isn't even being commented on by the support..............it has actually become an ok thing to do. All of the bluff and bluster about what they were going to do has evaporated, and it is what everyone outside Livingston knew it to be............wholly dependant upon dumping creditors.

That any football club can enter into full administration and it not be announced by the BoD or The Trust, and not be a subject of major discussion amongst the support is quite incredible.

Had Massone taken them into full admin, it would have been the stuff of nightmares. That MacDougall Rankine and Nixon have done it, then it's perfectly ok. I remember Nixon talking about Massone taking the club into administration unless things changed. Things changed, and the new board have done the very thing that would have made Massone the anti Christ, and there is absolutely no discussion about it amongst the support.

By this action, the new BoD (who have obviously made the decision to do so) have said "we are not able to manage this business".

Administration used to be considered a last resort, and a thing of shame. For Livingston, it now seems to be something they do as a matter of course. No contrition, no apology,no comment. I remember LLD going on about the callous nature of P&B posters, and that "peoples jobs were at stake". I await the comments of how shafting creditors again is horrible because not paying bills puts peoples jobs at risk in those companies. I think I'll have to wait some time.

Edited by Guest

Livi went into administration,they are no longer in administration,obviously a cva has been agreed.

Appeal to be heard on Monday.

There has been no creditors meeting called to agree the CVA so that cannot be correct.

Actually come to think of it I thought the admin had to be advertised in the local paper?

Livi went into administration,they are no longer in administration,obviously a cva has been agreed.

Appeal to be heard on Monday.

Theyare no longer in administration? Since when? They only entered administration on the 19th of August. Where have you seen/heard that they have exited administration?

Why has a CVA "obviously" been agreed?

You've not just made this up have you.....................

Edited by Guest

Theyare no longer in administration? Since when? They only entered administration on the 19th of August. Where have you seen/heard that they have exited administration?

Why has a CVA "obviously" been agreed?

You've not just made this up have you.....................

No I haven't made it up,that's not my style,

where I read it? I'll have to retrace my path,when I read it yesterday I wrongly assumed that everyone would know until I looked on this thread today.