Livingston - all the threads merged

When's this fucking appeal then?? They always seem to be on a Thursday..

Most likely a week today. Hopefully the SFL will have learned it lessons, and put stuff in place that will bring a bit of clarity to the situation, and make it crystal clear where member clubs stand, and also protect itself from potential manipulation such as that exterted by Livingston in this case. Everyone wants closure, and upholding the decision to demote is most likely to be that closure. Anything else will open up yet more issues, and in my opinion, won't be a plausible outcome.

That it is a (supposedly) independant panel is good in that neither party should be able to influence that outcome. It puts the SFL in a much stronger position. MacDougall and Rankine would have been hoping to influence matters behind the scenes. That ain't going to happen now.

The SFL have been inept. Livingston FC have theoretically resorted to stealing money ( in the case of Stadium House's £16k).

It should be an interesting (if short lived) hearing.

Most likely a week today. Hopefully the SFL will have learned it lessons, and put stuff in place that will bring a bit of clarity to the situation, and make it crystal clear where member clubs stand, and also protect itself from potential manipulation such as that exterted by Livingston in this case. Everyone wants closure, and upholding the decision to demote is most likely to be that closure. Anything else will open up yet more issues, and in my opinion, won't be a plausible outcome.

That it is a (supposedly) independant panel is good in that neither party should be able to influence that outcome. It puts the SFL in a much stronger position. MacDougall and Rankine would have been hoping to influence matters behind the scenes. That ain't going to happen now.

The SFL have been inept. Livingston FC have theoretically resorted to stealing money ( in the case of Stadium House's £16k).

It should be an interesting (if short lived) hearing.

Will they also be penalised for not playing the Shire game - separate issue but this too should be sorted out asap - or not?

Personally I think there will have been a lot of "behind the scenes" activity going on.

As you rightly say the SFL have been found out yet again - incompetent, bungling muppets.

Will they also be penalised for not playing the Shire game - separate issue but this too should be sorted out asap - or not?

Personally I think there will have been a lot of "behind the scenes" activity going on.

As you rightly say the SFL have been found out yet again - incompetent, bungling muppets.

I would imagine when it gets flung back to the sfl the scratched game will get dealt with then, because IF (huge if!) we won the appeal the scratched game would not then be our fault as we were not meant to play them.

The SFL cant penalise livi until the appeal is heard and its decided what league they belong in.

Once that has been established then the penalty will be sorted one way or other.

I would imagine when it gets flung back to the sfl the scratched game will get dealt with then, because IF (huge if!) we won the appeal the scratched game would not then be our fault as we were not meant to play them.

I think , at the time, you were meant to play them. Whether or not Livi win the appeal has nothing to do with that.

Not so I'm afraid. You were duty bound to fulfill the fixture assigned to you by the SFL pending the appeal. To stamp their feet and decide not to play was a blunder of enormous proportions. To claim to be something other than what the governing body rules you to be is one thing. To demonstrate that by scratching a game was hugely disrespectful to every member club, and the ruling body. There was due process by which to vent dissatisfaction. Refusing to play a fixture was profoundly wrong. It was a knee jerk reaction to having the SFL call Livingston's bluff. Lets be honest here, Livingston's behaviour throughout has been one of attempting to undermine their ruling body, and time their actions with the expectation of the SFL folding. It didn't happen, so the toys came out of the pram. There has to be a price to pay for that, and if indeed Livingston won their appeal, that is not vindication for their actions.

Hopefully after all that has gone before, it will be the last time that Livingston FC ever try to ride roughshod over businesses small and large, and it'll be the last time they ever attempt to undermine the SFLs right to govern their member clubs.

I wonder what effect the fact that they are now in formal administration will make to their appeal?

Interesting that none of the Livi faithfull have had anything to say about this development?

Edited by AND180Y

I wonder what effect the fact that they are now in formal administration will make to their appeal?

Interesting that none of the Livi faithfull have had anything to say about this development?

Probably because it hasn't been confirmed. Anywhere.

Aye, you've just 'confirmed' it now. Why would we be chatting about it when no-one else has given any hint of that before now?

The BBC for example. I would have expected them to have had the news covered.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I've just confirmed it here!!

Go and ask your trust if it is true, if they lie I'll provide the proof.

So is this actually the case? It's the first I have heard of this. No more interim role for McGruther then, and a pretty important development if it's true.

If this is the case, then it will merely be a confirmation that as a starting point, debts wil not now be honoured.

It really does re-open the potential for the club to fold entirely. If McGruther is still acting on behalf of Mazar's then their costs simply have to be spiralling ever upwards with zero assets against which to balance the books. Even if they can dump the creditors, they are going to have to find a fair chunk of cash for Mr Administrator.

The waters seem to be as muddy as ever.

Edited by Guest

Aye, you've just 'confirmed' it now. Why would we be chatting about it when no-one else has given any hint of that before now?

The BBC for example. I would have expected them to have had the news covered.

Well, you pop off and ask the question of your trust because it is 100% cast iron true.

Just ask yourself though why it is being kept quiet.

Well, you pop off and ask the question of your trust because it is 100% cast iron true.

Just ask yourself though why it is being kept quiet.

I'm not doubting your story, I'm just interested that no news outlet has picked it up.