Livingston - all the threads merged

It couldn't be that "Livi 5" or whatever the latest agglomeration of shysters and fantasists are calling themselves, are going to take the appeal to the law courts and drag it on...and on....and on..., are they?

And that, once the appeals to Kofi Annan, and Senator George Mitchell, fails, then there's the appeal to the UN security council after Livingston Football Club declares itself an independent state. Enlisting the help of diplomats from other unrecognised nations such as Kosovo and Abkhazia, in acknowledging their demotion to division 3 as the greatest injustice in the field of international relations to date, they will then follow that appeal with one to the Intergalactic Supreme Council (Co-Chairpersons: Darth Vader, Patrick Stewart and a rotating member from the cast of Rollerball and Logan's Run), then try to re-call Jock Stein and the judges from Nuremberg via a seance to try and gain a last repreive from beyond the grave (this will be ruled inadmissable in court and subsequently that decision will be exhaustively appealed, too)

...after all this song and dance, will "Livi 5" shrug their shoulders, say the money's run out, and walk away, once they have created the time and space to secure a preferential deal on the stadium and the land surrounding it, leaving that gammon-faced haddie Nixon to re-form "I Can't Believe It's Not Livingston FC (2010)" to battle it out for the fiercely contested Big Boab's Garages Sunday League Division Seven, playing out of some waste ground with a portakabin somewhere?

It's fine, though. If "Livi" can't make money in Division Three, and as they seem to feel it's a bit beneath them, then feel free to get to f**k, spare us all this self-serving "appeals" drivel, and leave the rest of us to it.

You're just wanting the 3 points for last week. :lol:

Whatever floats yer boat, son :huh:

These were, quite obviously, metaphorical arseholes. And it will be up to the SFA to decide in which one Dundee will be playing a game a week tomorrow.

One one hand you've got junkie-ridden pit in which Satan wouldn't look out of place, with a football team as abhorrent as lovechild of Hitler and Jade Goody, whose fans wouldn't look out of place carrying blazing torches in a remake of Mississippi Burning.

And then there's Airdrie.

Why do you appear to know more about what's going on than the average Livi fan? I can't answer any of your questions because I don't know. Is the administration process not still in progress? Is a ccj a Scottish term?

I thought you lot were claiming that it wasn't actually administration, or are you now saying it is?

No in Scotland they are called decrees (in Livis case normally "decree in absence" :rolleyes: ), however it was reported as a ccj and given that Livi already have 3 or 4 registered against them and recorded as unsatisfied in the English Courts it wouldn't be that out of the ordinary, would it? And that is to say nothing of the pile of Scottish decrees against them.

Not so Dunc. Edinburgh Livi is correct with this one.

Are you saying that Edinburgh Livi is saying that the PH situation is sorted and settled? Did he not say that you couldn't or shouldn't be playing in the league if you haven't sorted out football related debt? You are saying that the consurtium recognize it is one of the many things that they need to sort out. So you are saying it isn't sorted, just as I have. The only difference is that you are saying they are acknowledging PH as being a debt they have to honour, while I am saying PH is a debt which they do not wish to honour.

Edited by Guest

These were, quite obviously, metaphorical arseholes. And it will be up to the SFA to decide in which one Dundee will be playing a game a week tomorrow.

In Dundee you've got junkie-ridden pit in which Satan wouldn't look out of place, with a football team as abhorrent as lovechild of Hitler and Jade Goody, whose fans wouldn't look out of place carrying blazing torches in a remake of Mississippi Burning.

Imagine saying that about your own club Sir Calum. :o

I'm not surprised then that you are excited about visiting arseholes of a weekend! ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Poor Sparky doesn't know what he has let himself in for! :huh:

Yes he does. A bit of stability, an increased wage that will be paid on time, and a much higher finish in the league.

Are you saying that Edinburgh Livi is saying that the PH situation is sorted and settled? Did he not say that you couldn't or shouldn't be playing in the league if you haven't sorted out football related debt? You are saying that the consurtium recognize it is one of the many things that they need to sort out. So you are saying it isn't sorted, just as I have. The only difference is that you are saying they are acknowledging PH as being a debt they have to honour, while I am saying PH is a debt which they do not wish to honour.

And either way they still haven't paid him!!

when is the SFA hearing ?

ta

According to today's Scotsman Livi have only just lodged their appeal? Or is it just poor wording:

Demoted Livingston take their case to SFA

Livingston have lodged their appeal with the SFA against relegation to the Third Division, with the saga set to be concluded inside the next fortnight.

The new owners of the club are still battling to retain First Division status despite losing their appeal against the Scottish Football League's decision to demote them. Livingston decided upon the next avenue open to them and have now presented their case to the SFA. They will now begin the task of assembling an appeals panel chaired by an independent law lord.

The process could take up to two weeks, meaning an anxious wait for the club's new consortium, worried players and frustrated fans to see if they can avoid Third Division football. Cuts to staff will be made if the demotion is confirmed and some players will hope matters can quickly be resolved to allow release before the summer transfer window shuts on 31 August

Couple of interesting observations to be made here... Firstly - that the appeal isn't going to the Appeal Committee, but a specially created group (a bit like the arbitration over SPL2). I suspect this may make Livi's chance of winning the appeal less likely: no obvious allies in a neutral group.

Secondly - confirmation that Livi will be laying off staff and players if they remain stuck in Div 3.

Thirdly - should Livi not do the decent thing and release the players at risk NOW... then re-sign them if the win the appeal? If they keep them, and the appeal is heard close before or after the transfer window shuts, the players won't be able to join new clubs if released by Livi after the window (or they'd struggle with only a couple of days notice). If free agents, the players can be signed by other clubs after the window has shut IIRC. Releasing them now would be better IMO.

Edited by HibeeJibee

According to today's Scotsman Livi have only just lodged their appeal? Or is it just poor wording:

Couple of interesting observations to be made here... Firstly - that the appeal isn't going to the Appeal Committee, but a specially created group (a bit like the arbitration over SPL2). I suspect this may make Livi's chance of winning the appeal less likely: no obvious allies in a neutral group.

Secondly - confirmation that Livi will be laying off staff and players if they remain stuck in Div 3.

Thirdly - should Livi not do the decent thing and release the players at risk NOW... then re-sign them if the win the appeal? If they keep them, and the appeal is heard close before or after the transfer window shuts, the players won't be able to join new clubs if released by Livi after the window (or they'd struggle with only a couple of days notice). If free agents, the players can be signed by other clubs after the window has shut IIRC. Releasing them now would be better IMO.

I'd have thought the opposite, no agendas by the arbitrators so a fair hearing, it is an independant law lord who will preside over it.

Hopefully they'll accept whatever way it goes and get on with it in whatever league we'll be in.

It could be early next week that the appeal is heard, if so it'll give the players a slim chance to find another club if need be, not an easy task even if they had more time, Livi have sold our obv assets player wise, no guarantee that the ones still here will be sought after elsewhere.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

when is the SFA hearing ?

ta

I thought they had tendered the appeal last week?

It'll all be over by Christmas

I think I am saying that PH will be paid in full since his outstanding wages come under the heading of football debt. I would presume that the assurances from the administrator on the matter will have been enough to allow Livi to resume playing games under the auspices of the Sfl. Whether or not he has actually received the money I don't know. I do know that the outstanding wages due to present Livi staff have now been paid.

I would put it slightly differently to you by saying that the debt to PH is likely to be one that they wish they did not have to honour. They do however realise that they must.

Imagine saying that about your own club Sir Calum. :o

I'm not surprised then that you are excited about visiting arseholes of a weekend! ;)

Yes, modifying a quote then using that modification to attack the person.

How very straw man.

I'd have thought the opposite, no agendas by the arbitrators so a fair hearing, it is an independant law lord who will preside over it.

And it was the presence of agendas that made it more likely the appeal would be lost if made to the "normal" appeals panel.

An independent panel won't care about anything but the rules under consideration...and that means Livi haven't a hope in hell's chance of avoiding defeat. Even more so when you consider the panel is being chaired by a Law Lord (because he of all people will know that the SFL acted within their rules).