Livingston - all the threads merged

Livi fans now have many names to go by now; tossbags, f**kers, spaniels, slavers, to name but a few. :lol:

Funnily enough I enjoy this, why? why? :huh::o

I have had a bit of a re-think, and my use of "spaniels" is grossly unfair as it hints at some sort of pedigree. So if it's not too late, I'd like to substitute the word "mongrels" which more accurately reflects the mix of OF and H+H people who have been seduced by the cheaper local option. Please feel free to shorten "mongrels" to "mongs" or "the swampy". It would give it an air of familiarity, and could even be considered a term of endearment.

Hope this helps. Look on it as a step towards reconciliation on my part.

Re. Nixon: is he now an employee of the club? Does he have shares? Will he still head the Trust?

1. I believe that Nixon is now Chief Executive of Livingston. No idea if this is a paid position or not.

2. Nixon is part of the Livi 5 consortium - I don't think the shareholding has been revealed but I think it is safe to say that as a local businessman, Nixon will have put in money. He was already a shareholder under the old regime.

3. Nixon is still listed as being "Media Liaison" on the Livi for Life Trust Board. That said, the trust website has not been updated for some time.

Almost. Except in a few years time the stadium and surrounding land will be sold to pay off the debts and make the Livy5 a tidy profit ... if you believe the conspiracy theorists, anyway.
With the team full-time, winning the Third and Second Divisions in order to distract the punters from asking any awkward questions?

Sounds familiar, to be honest....

It does indeed sound familiar and you don't need to believe in conspiracy theories to see or be aware what is taking place here. It's happened often enough at other football clubs after all.

It might take a long time to play out but the livi 5 consortium are obviously looking to make money on the stadium and surrounding land. :angry:

I have had a bit of a re-think, and my use of "spaniels" is grossly unfair as it hints at some sort of pedigree. So if it's not too late, I'd like to substitute the word "mongrels" which more accurately reflects the mix of OF and H+H people who have been seduced by the cheaper local option. Please feel free to shorten "mongrels" to "mongs" or "the swampy". It would give it an air of familiarity, and could even be considered a term of endearment.

Hope this helps. Look on it as a step towards reconciliation on my part.

Oh Duncan I liked spaniels! :( I shall just have to get used to "the mongs" then, it is rather funny though. :lol::lol::lol:

The rest of the fans might not like it though as I am just weird! :huh:

1. I believe that Nixon is now Chief Executive of Livingston. No idea if this is a paid position or not.

2. Nixon is part of the Livi 5 consortium - I don't think the shareholding has been revealed but I think it is safe to say that as a local businessman, Nixon will have put in money. He was already a shareholder under the old regime.

3. Nixon is still listed as being "Media Liaison" on the Livi for Life Trust Board. That said, the trust website has not been updated for some time.

It does indeed sound familiar and you don't need to believe in conspiracy theories to see or be aware what is taking place here. It's happened often enough at other football clubs after all.

It might take a long time to play out but the livi 5 consortium are obviously looking to make money on the stadium and surrounding land. :angry:

I'm sure Rankine has 50% with the other two splitting the other 50%. None of them have enough cash to run Livi and some will have problems in other directions.

Aye sounds familiar to Cowden fans too!

I'm sure Rankine has 50% with the other two splitting the other 50%. None of them have enough cash to run Livi and some will have problems in other directions.

Rankine does have 50% but the other 50% is a bit more complicated I think? Edinburghlivi may be able to give this info as he is way more obsessed with these thing than I. He digests the bible (OS) & news reports at a hell of a rate! :P

BBC Report

I see Wee Dominic is up in court for fleecing people over his investment schemes at Livi.

Not that anyone will ever get a penny back, but it'd be good for the wee snidey bam to get a trip to the shower block :o

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Peil

You gotta laugh!! Over on Livilions they are now slavering about claiming against the league for the difference in price between a 1st division season book and a 3rd division book claiming that they paid to watch 1st division football and because of the leagues decision are being forced to watch 3rd division football!! FFS. There is only one party to blame in all of this, Livingston Fcuking FC!!

Yet another reason they should have been fcuked right oot of the league. :angry:

If it annoys the fluck out of you then it gets my vote. :lol:;)

Indeed, how he must have been longing for the day when he'd see his glorious Kelty Hearts amongst the big boys.

True, the world really is your oyster when you are spending other folks money with no intention of paying it back.

Me I'll settle for the relative security that the team I support will probably be around when I want to go and see them, no doubt they will be in a league dictated by the ability of the players that the club can afford. Can you say the same??

You off to watch your big team tonight?

Oh and that pic in your signature is a fcuking lie!!

Edited by AND180Y

Just saw the following platinum-coated-gold-plated-diamond of a comment on LiviLions. A classic:

nearly all clubs in the SFL are technically insolvent - it is the actions of private financiers (through sponsorships) which keeps clubs mildly afloat and all it takes is for these individuals to pull out. No club is financially stable in the lower leagues.

Not one single club in this country (other than possibly Hibs) live within their means, by the strict financial controls enforced by Rod Petrie. All those mythical discussion of "Livi punched above their weight/lived outwith their means" is quite frankly a laughable accusation loaded with hypocrisy.

Edited by HibeeJibee

You gotta laugh!! Over on Livilions they are now slavering about claiming against the league for the difference in price between a 1st division season book and a 3rd division book claiming that they paid to watch 1st division football and because of the leagues decision are being forced to watch 3rd division football!! FFS. There is only one party to blame in all of this, Livingston Fcuking FC!!

Yet another reason they should have been fcuked right oot of the league. :angry:

Find out who they made their cheques out to, and ask them for some cash back. They are the ones who sold them first division tickets. it's also cool how they miss off the bit about failing to meet the criteria by which they'd have been allowed to play first division football. "I will allow you to drive this car of mine tomorrow if you give me a £5000 deposit, and can guarantee it is insured and if you promise to stop stealing money from other people and businesses in order to supplement your own. Yes, I know you have made this promise many times before, but we are asking you to really mean it this time.". You turn up next day with no deposit, and no insurance certificate then run off into the night crying because you didn't get to drive the car. The people you promised to take out in the car are then pissed off...............and so want recompense from.........the car owner. Yeah, right. Smart thinking.