Livingston - all the threads merged

You must be both if you think you will find them in P&B!

They were on after they got the initial reprieve from the SFL? I thought they'd be regular visitors here... seems they threw their login details out with the rest of the toys.

Failing that, SDA was harping on last week about how the club was going to have all the verve of George W Bush post alcohol-induced Christian rebirth. I'd like to hear a good explanation of this, which basically amounts to 'give us four years and we'll be back to the same cheating, financially unsustainable model we had before Massone fleeced us'.

Edited by vikingTON

Or a simple solution - rearrange the game on the international weekend, either as an early kick off on the Saturday or on the Sunday.

I think it's fair to say that we should take a larger crowd to Ochilview than Cowden would have (twice), so there's an opportunity for the Shire to recoup some of the money there.

You won't.

They were on after they got the initial reprieve from the SFL? I thought they'd be regular visitors here... seems they threw their login details out with the rest of the toys.

Failing that, SDA was harping on last week about how the club was going to have all the verve of George W Bush post alcohol-induced Christian rebirth. I'd like to hear a good explanation of this, which basically amounts to 'give us four years and we'll be back to the same cheating, financially unsustainable model we had before Massone fleeced us'.

I suppose there are wishfull thinkers, I don't know about SDA as he can admit faults when he sees them too, I'm just pessimistic & need all things explained so I just do everyone's heads in with the voice of doom bringing up things they want to move on from & I will nag & nag till I get an answer. Typical woman I suppose. :P

It will take a while before Livi could be classed as gone through a rebirth I would think, there is still a lot to sort out & a lot to prove.

Why? How many would you take?

Interesting that Livvy would scratch an away fixture, but play a home one that will bring in cash, and then throw another wee insult at the footballing public by claiming it to be solely for the benefit of fellow SFL member clubs. Stop Press.........."Patronizing lying tw*t in charge of Livingston FC". It's nice to see this club respecting their long standing traditions.

I think the "sub prime lending" terminology could now be translated to "lending to the Livvy minded". It would become instantly understandable to the masses what that meant.

Edited by Guest

Interesting that Livvy would scratch an away fixture, but play a home one that will bring in cash, and then throw another wee insult at the footballing public by claiming it to be solely for the benefit of fellow SFL member clubs.

Absolutely and Utterly on the button.

The S.F.L. should be thinking the same.

What I'd like for now is one of the 'progressive' Livi fans to explain why the club intends to run at a loss for the next several years and run up debt again, while at the same time giving the creditors a derisory settlement and claiming that it was big bad Massone who did it all and ran away, and that the new owners would set the club on the straight and narrow.

They're not. They're trying to reverse everything that has happened this summer. That's it.

I don't think it has been confirmed anywhere that this is a actually going to happen.

The new owners are trying to sort out as best they can the mess left by Massone.

With the amount of criticism you have thrown at the Livi fans who dare to venture on here I take it you can confirm then that Morton FC are self financing through gates, sale of merchandising and fans digging deep into their pockets. There would obviously be no question of them helped out by a rich sugar (literally) daddy. ;)

Interesting that Livvy would scratch an away fixture, but play a home one that will bring in cash, and then throw another wee insult at the footballing public by claiming it to be solely for the benefit of fellow SFL member clubs.

Absolutely and Utterly on the button.

The S.F.L. should be thinking the same.

McDougall stated on footloose that as the reasons for appeal had to be lodged with the SFA in writing,24 hours wasn't long enough,that is why Livi are playing tomorrows game.

Edited by ayrmad

I don't think it has been confirmed anywhere that this is a actually going to happen.

The new owners are trying to sort out as best they can the mess left by Massone.

Playing full time football in Div 3 (and with possible/probable points deduction for renegaing on a fixture you will be there for at least two seasons - hopefully more) ain't gonna sort out any mess. I predict you will be in administration (again!!) before long.

Mmmm I think they gave East Stirling less notice last week!!! <_<

Don't think they had to give reasons in writing last week,at least that's what I took from what he said.

McDougall stated on footloose that as the reasons for appeal had to be lodged with the SFA in writing,24 hours wasn't long enough,that is why Livi are playing tomorrows game.

So it has nothing to do with what is in the best interests of the game. :rolleyes:

The official statement on the Livi website (here) mentions that the any matches played during the appeal process will be provisional pending the outcome of the SFA's decision. What on earth has changed from last week?

I think you probably mean unwilling to answer. It seems that anything which might be construed as being detrimental to the Institution that is Livingston FC is swept under the carpet vigorously. The answer would also probably have to contain the words "paying", "other", and "people" at some point, therefore no discussion would be welcomed on that Board

Yep the clique are back in the inner circle, nothing has happened, all is fine. Move along now nothing to see.

Livingston FC is like a career criminal, except insead of getting caught and having a holiday in the big hoose, financial strife and escape from it, at minimal cost, has become part of the job for them. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by AND180Y

Or a simple solution - rearrange the game on the international weekend, either as an early kick off on the Saturday or on the Sunday.

I think it's fair to say that we should take a larger crowd to Ochilview than Cowden would have (twice), so there's an opportunity for the Shire to recoup some of the money there.

Rearranging it on a weekend, whenever (and I doubt Saturday early would be popular with those in both supports who have tickets to actually attend Hampden), still doesn't make it the first weekend of the season when there's a greater surge of interest.

You probably will take more than Cowdenbeath but that's irrelevant. It's whether the crowd against you in the rearranged game is more than the crowd against you if the game had gone ahead when planned that's relevant. The fact it may ultimately be a bigger crowd than they'd have expected a month earlier can't possibly be a defence.

Rearranging it on a weekend, whenever (and I doubt Saturday early would be popular with those in both supports who have tickets to actually attend Hampden), still doesn't make it the first weekend of the season when there's a greater surge of interest.

Surge of interest - hardly. The numbers we're talking about are relatively small. I am sure that if the Shire v Livi was the only game on in Scotland on Sunday September 6 there would be a few extra punters along.

You probably will take more than Cowdenbeath but that's irrelevant. It's whether the crowd against you in the rearranged game is more than the crowd against you if the game had gone ahead when planned that's relevant. The fact it may ultimately be a bigger crowd than they'd have expected a month earlier can't possibly be a defence.

It's not irrelevant. Two days before the postponed game, the Shire were budgetting for two visits from Cowdenbeath rather than Livingston this season. I appreciate that we don't carry a big support but if we are to be in the Third Division this season it will normally be bigger than Cowdenbeath's (no disrespect intended to them).

At the end of the day, it's not ideal that we didn't play last Saturday, but it is done now.

Edited by LLD

Yippee back to ripping us to shreds! Oh how I enjoy this! :rolleyes:

Funnily enough IF the game was scratched again today no doubt WE would be criminals but as it is going ahead WE are still criminals!! Bloody hell!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Going ahead with today's game doesn't excuse Livi's behaviour over last week's game i'm afraid.

Funnily enough IF the game was scratched again today no doubt WE would be criminals but as it is going ahead WE are still criminals!! Bloody hell!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

C'mon now, going bust once (although Blobby and Keane called it something else) could be negligent, Going bust twice (admin and cva) could be bad luck but to go bust three times in 14 years is a fcuking crime!! A crime made all the worse by the fact that you have been aided and abetted by the local council!!

Ask the "caring" council how many folk they have made bankrupt for council tax debts or evicted for rent arrears, never mind in the past 14 years, just from the start of this year!!

How many previously successful businesses that they convinced to "make it in Livingston" have been hung out to dry (or taken to court by the council) when things got tough? Aye a parcel of rougues right enough!!

Nothing personal against you. :)

Edited by AND180Y

.........but we are NOT ripping you to shreds. That ain't possible, as you guys have repeatedly told us that its not you guys that have done anything wrong, it's the evil Baron von Hunter/ von Keane/von Flynn/von Massone what done you down.

I presume therefore that when nauseatingly shitty things go on at Almondvale (like crapping over ES last week, but looking after yourselves this week because there's pound notes to be had)....................................

..............then it must be the people at the top, and you guys are the innocents of the piece. Ergo we ain't ripping you to shreds...........merely the latest bunch of ethically compromised mingers in charge of your club.