Livingston - all the threads merged

With apologies for the ultra-long post:

From the SFA Articles of Association:

In summary:

• If Livi have grounds for appeal, the decision of the SFL is suspended
  • The SFA can only overturn a decision and not, it would seem, a punishment

Does rule 133.1.4 (4) - ' . . . or impose a lesser penalty in respect thereof ' not allow the SFA to alter the punishment without overturning the actual decision ? And given the excessiveness of the punishment ( remember no sfl club has ever received any punishment at all for going into administration ) is there not a chance that the SFA might reduce it.

Also interesting to see that the penalty is suspended in this situation so Livi are still a first division club.Livi no doubt were aware of this before setting off down the appeals route and that is why they have refused to play third division games

Why do you read it if you hate it? What is your name on there?

There's some absolutely top class comedy on there at the moment, like watching a fish flap about on the deck before it gives up and dies. I would advise anyone to pop in for a wee look.

Does rule 133.1.4 (4) - ' . . . or impose a lesser penalty in respect thereof ' not allow the SFA to alter the punishment without overturning the actual decision ? And given the excessiveness of the punishment ( remember no sfl club has ever received any punishment at all for going into administration ) is there not a chance that the SFA might reduce it.

Also interesting to see that the penalty is suspended in this situation so Livi are still a first division club.Livi no doubt were aware of this before setting off down the appeals route and that is why they have refused to play third division games

I'd argue no, because the SFL rules state that they can take whatever action they see fit.

I would imagine the rule you quote only applies in cases where, for example, a club (or player) has been fined £20,000 when the maximum punishment set out in the rules is a £10,000 fine.

Why do you read it if you hate it? What is your name on there?

C'mon surely you can work that out!

There's some absolutely top class comedy on there at the moment, like watching a fish flap about on the deck before it gives up and dies. I would advise anyone to pop in for a wee look.

Top notch analogy.

It's a fascinating journey into a world of mass delusion. :lol:

While not wanting to see the demise of another club after all my own club has previously endured. I for one will not lose any sleep for their tosser fans that brought the Hassan Kachloul flag to Dens at end of last season. Enjoy the third division. Small club now in a small division.

That is not comedy for me as I am most likely one of the dying little fishes grasping at the end stages of life, that you are all sniggering at. :(

Sorry in advance for going over what is obviously well trodden ground, and it's kind of hard to avoid on a thread with as many posts as this, but is it not the case that the punishment only came about when the interim manager of Livingston Football Club advised the SFL management committee that he was unable to guarantee that the Club would be in a position to fulfil its league fixtures for season 2009-2010 and that the punishment is for this as well as being in interim administration.

If my understanding of the above is correct then its hardly an excessive punishment, in fact it's downright lenient to allow the Club to remain in the SFL at all as they may not have been able to guarantee completion of any league fixtures regardless of the league that they were in. The management committee therefore, as they stated, gave the Club the best possible chance for surviving while ensuring the integrity of its top division.

Hardly excessive.

That is not comedy for me as I am most likely one of the dying little fishes grasping at the end stages of life, that you are all sniggering at. :(

Sorry about that, but I do prefer my fish battered with lots of salt rubbed into the wounds. None of that runny sauce shyte though, thanks.

fish-and-chips-plate-small.jpg

overspend[/i]....which will lead to.....ummm........debt.

indeed when accies were in the third they I think were fully part time and half our squad were part time when we were in the third.. its madness, and they still owe the debts too.

Edited by Bryan

indeed when accies were in the third they I think were fully part time and half out squad were part time. its madness, and they still owe the debts.

Eh?

I'm almost certain that Livingston's punishment will be overturned at some point, in which case I'm finished with Scottish football.

Just how many fixtures will Airdrie and Cowdenbeath effectively have to replay when the inevitable happens? Both clubs potentially face one the following:

1) Regular pumpings in a league niether squad was built for, if the decision is upheld but neither club risks strengthening.

2) Signing players on the assumption they'll complete the season in their current division, only to be bumped back down with an increased wage bill to meet on lower gates.

3) Running on their current squads in SLF2/3, but being unable to challenge when Livingston are restored to SFL1 due to a chronic fixture backlog and fatigue from the additional fixtures in the "wrong" division.

4) No income for weeks if fixtures are postponed pending the resolution of this mess.

Any of these is a disasterous outcome.

This situation is absolutely shambolic. Why are clubs with no link to the guilty party having their season ruined by the inertia of the governing bodies and the petulance of the Livingston board?

I couldn't care less about Livingston FC or their fans. I do care that my own club is effectively being punished for the wrongdoings of another.

To paraphrase Paul Martin's quote from a few weeks back, this isn't sport as I know it.

Edited by wearealldoomed

I'm almost certain that Livingston's punishment will be overturned at some point, in which case I'm finished with Scottish football.

Just how many fixtures will Airdrie and Cowdenbeath effectively have to replay when the inevitable happens? Both clubs potentially face one the following:

1) Regular pumpings in a league niether squad was built for, if the decision is upheld but neither club risks strengthening.

2) Signing players on the assumption they'll complete the season in their current division, only to be bumped back down with an increased wage bill to meet on lower gates.

3) Running on their current squads in SLF2/3, but being unable to challenge when Livingston are restored to SFL1 due to a chronic fixture backlog and fatigue from the additional fixtures in the "wrong" division.

4) No income for weeks if fixtures are postponed pending the resolution of this mess.

Any of these is a disasterous outcome.

This situation is absolutely shambolic. Why are clubs with no link to the guilty party having their season ruined by the inertia of the governing bodies and the petulance of the Livingston board?

I couldn't care less about Livingston FC or their fans. I do care that my own club is effectively being punished for the wrongdoings of another.

To paraphrase Paul Martin's quote from a few weeks back, this isn't sport as I know it.

Aye you must be gutted about staying up for the 2nd season running due to default.