Livingston - all the threads merged

With apologies for the ultra-long post:

From the SFA Articles of Association:

In summary:

• If Livi have grounds for appeal, the decision of the SFL is suspended
  • The SFA can only overturn a decision and not, it would seem, a punishment

Though this is all prefaced by

"133. The Association’s structure for the hearing of appeals is as set out in this Article.

The following provisions and procedures provide a means for the resolution

of differences or questions arising from the observance and implementation of

the Association’s Articles, rules and decisions..."

Are the SFL's rules part of the "Association's Articles, rules and decisions"? I'm not sure either way. What is the relationship between the SFA and SFL?

Is that true? I can see that ownership of the club has changed, but that's different from the appointment of an Interim Manager (McGruther). Was he appointed by the court, or did Massone simply invite him along? The fact that there's a statement on the Livi homepage saying McGruther is Interim Manager would suggest to me that he's there by virtue of law rather than simply by invitation of the club, but I'll be told otherwise. If he's there by operation of law, I can't see by what mechanism his appointment has come to an end, even if ownership has changed.

That's my take on it as well.. Only once the court( that appointed him) has relieved/excused him, can someone else take over the running of the club. Until that decision has been formally ratified by the court, I thought he would remain in control.

On a personal level, if they appeal again, they will lose my support and frankly if they go bust ( after appealing and losing again) I for one will be delighted. This has gone on long enough and if they want to continue on this farcical path then for the good of scottish football it would be better that they just ceased to exist within the Scottish senior leagues..

Enough is enough.. Grow some balls and take it like a man or just fuck right off.

In summary:

So if they do appeal to SFA, chances are games involving Airdrie, Cowdenbeath and Livi would be postponed...?

As a side issue, does anyone think the precedent has officially been set by the SFL then in regards their handling of clubs in an insolvency procedure in that it will be automatic relegation to the third division?

A set rule must be imposed surely. Every club that finds itself in this position can't be subject to different punishments.

Livijames on LiviLions site:

"If doing what we're allowed to do in trying to get our club back up to the top division possible upsets a few people, that's unfortunate."

Priceless...

Hi, I'm livijames.

We're quite entitled to appeal to the SFA. If people think that's a bit excessive then fair enough but that doesn't change the fact that we are allowed to do it.

If it were me, I'd get on with the season but regardless, I'll support the club through this because they are entitled to.

Hi, I'm livijames.

We're quite entitled to appeal to the SFA. If people think that's a bit excessive then fair enough but that doesn't change the fact that we are allowed to do it.

Well, that's for the SFA to decide.

If you're appealing the punishment, you're not allowed to do it.

If you're appealing the decision to find you guilty, you are...but don't really have any grounds.

Guest Forza-Livi

am ready to get on with it infact i cant wait till the season starts,am just glad i still have a team to watch at the weekends,not being big headed but reckon 4years and wee will be back in the 1st anyways.

Edited by Forza-Livi

am ready to get on with it infact i cant wait till the season starts,am just glad i still have a team to watch at the weekends,not being big headed but reckon 4years and wee will be back in the 1st anyways.

Started last Saturday, Einstein.

In summary:

From SFA Articles:

Once an appeal has been validly submitted to the Secretary, the decision against

which the appeal is submitted shall be set aside pending the hearing of the appeal

unless the interests of justice dictate that the decision should be given effect. The

original decision making body shall be entitled to make representations to the

Secretary opposing such a setting aside of the decision. Such representation must

be lodged in writing with the Secretary within 1 working day of the Secretary's

receipt of the appeal submission.

Therefore you cannot assume that the original decision is set aside. If this right of appeal does apply to this case, then I would hope that the SFL would make a representations, as if they don't then all last weekends fixtures affected are void and the games affected this weekend could not go ahead ie. Livi; Airdrie and Cowdenbeath :(

Hi, I'm livijames.

If it were me, I'd get on with the season but regardless, I'll support the club through this because they are entitled to.

A FEW people though? Come on, the club are doing little other than alienating themselves. Are your club's masters so blinkered that they cannot see what their actions are doing to public opinion?

You post also implies that you have a RIGHT to First Division football. No team has that right. Not even Livi.

Therefore you cannot assume that the original decision is set aside. If this right of appeal does apply to this case, then I would hope that the SFL would make a representations, as if they don't then all last weekends fixtures affected are void and the games affected this weekend could not go ahead ie. Livi; Airdrie and Cowdenbeath :(

D'oh, I meant to include that bit in my summary!

D'oh, I meant to include that bit in my summary!

Do you notice that they are again just trying to pick out of the rules the bits that suits them and not taking into account all the possible outcomes.

I cannot believe that the SFA are going to overturn the SFL decision (as agreed by all Livi have entered into the adminsitration process) and therefore if they have not played the game this weekend then Livi will be getting perilously close to being chucked out.

Guest Ted Kingdom

In summary:

Piss off. The SFA have NO jurisdiction over the SFL in terms of the SFL rules.

Tight vote though today - 16-10. Too close for my liking and shows there are still some numbskulls kicking about the clubs. It should have been 26-0.

Anyone know who the 10 clubs who voted to help Livi are?

Piss off. The SFA have NO jurisdiction over the SFL in terms of the SFL rules.

Tight vote though today - 16-10. Too close for my liking and shows there are still some numbskulls kicking about the clubs. It should have been 26-0.

Anyone know who the 10 clubs who voted to help Livi are?

Mostly Third Division clubs I would imagine that would prefer a decent crack at Division Three and not face competition as strong as Livingston