Livingston - all the threads merged

Anybody know whether they are still a First Division team until the outcome of any appeal to the SFA? ;)

Or the House of Lords? Or the European sporting 'thorties? Or the Giant Pixie?

funny-pictures-cat-sleeps-boring-meeting.jpg

I really can't see the SFA overturning the SFL's exercise of its discretion in relation to the SFL's own tournament. And I doubt a court is going to change this either.

If Livi have the possibility of seeing through administration with a CVA, and playing in the Third Division, I think they can't count themselves lucky. More likely, I reckon, is no CVA negotiated, and the club being wound-up, I'm afraid.

So will there now be an appeal to the SFA, then when that fails a civil case in a court of law? :rolleyes:

When will the SFL Management Committee confirm the deduction of points? (-15 at least hopefully) ;)

I'll take a deduction of -15 points to be honest. It will be nice to get a head start on the rest of the teams.

Getting in the practise in case it's my club next,there are quite a few others who need the practise as well. ;)

That would be the very same self interest that you're castigating the remainder of the SFL for, no?

4 third division games this weekend again

Why?

The LMC's decision has been upheld. Livingston are a third division club. That's explicitly clear from the rules quoted, recardless of your interpretation of how they've been followed thus far.

If Livingston refuse to play again, they should be booted out.

Edited by wearealldoomed

Anybody know whether they are still a First Division team until the outcome of any appeal to the SFA? ;)

That's up to the SFL, it's their tournament, and their rules. The rules don't state what has to happen, so as long as the SFL don't go beyond the bounds of reasonableness, their word goes. Given that there are fixtures to be played, I find it hard to imagine any court (or other body) finding it beyond reasonableness to have them in the Third Division pending the outcome of an appeal.

Or the House of Lords? Or the European sporting 'thorties? Or the Giant Pixie?

How about livvie going straight to the Council of Arbitration for Sport? :lol:

After all, WHU thought about it for the Tevez affair and AFC Wimbledon were tempted to take the Ryman League to the CoAfS after being deducted 18 points - until the FA saw sense. :ph34r:

That would be the very same self interest that you're castigating the remainder of the SFL for, no?

Why?

The LMC's decision has been upheld. Livingston are a third division club. That's explicitly clear from the rules quoated, recardless of imterpretation of how they've been followed thus far.

If Livingston refuse to play again, they should be booted out.

Self-interest is not interpreting rules to suit your position it's failing to put in place sanctions b4 the situation arises.