Livingston - all the threads merged

Would I be wrong to suggest that the longer this goes on the better it actually is for Livi. I mean if there was an overwhelming consensus surely it would be done by now.. On the flip side it might just be that they are now debating whether to chuck them out completely..Of course they might just be involved in a massive game of Jenga.. ;)

Would that be a massively long game of Jenga (in terms of duration) or just a game involving the massive Jenga you can buy from Dobbies and all other good garden centres. My neighbour bought this last year, but at Christmas, his son thought it to be kindling, and had used up 80% of it before his Dad twigged that the beautifully uniform logs on the fire were not due to his son's expertise with an axe.

Would that be a massively long game of Jenga (in terms of duration) or just a game involving the massive Jenga you can buy from Dobbies and all other good garden centres. My neighbour bought this last year, but at Christmas, his son thought it to be kindling, and had used up 80% of it before his Dad twigged that the beautifully uniform logs on the fire were not due to his son's expertise with an axe.

post-15122-1250170893.gif

I know the points for scrubbing won't be decided or discussed at a SGM.

In which case whay on earth does it matter whether Livingston should have played in division 1 or division 3 prior to their appeal being heard?

The only club adversly effected by the impasse over the SFL and Livingston's interpretation of the relevant rules are East Stirling. Livingston were due to play away from home, so haven't lost out through their stance.

Something which Mr Absurdly Angry of South Ayrshire should bear in mind before pawing at his keyboard again.

Getting in the practise in case it's my club next,there are quite a few others who need the practise as well. ;)

And if they're punted they won't fulfil 36 fixtures,that's my point.

I don't think booting them out of the league was ever going to be seriously on the agenda. The other 9 3rd Division clubs aren't going to vote on a punishment that reduces their fixture list by 4 games in a season.

:eek: You can be quite funny sometimes Duncan! Not just a one trick pony. :P

50 pages of hatred filled semantics.

Is there any posters on here who'd stake their lives on Livi's interpretation being wrong in the eyes of the law courts?

Anyone who says yes is a fcukwit of the highest order as those who govern under those rules don't even know which interpretation is correct.

But it doesnt matter! We're not talking about the law courts, we're talking about the rules of the SFL.

Livy have no right to interpret these rules as they see fit. It doesnt matter whether the SFL are right, wrong or undecided. Livy are obliged to go along with what the SFL say unless otherwise directed.

Heres some example rules

36. COMPETITIONS, RULES - LEAGUE POWERS

The Management Committee shall also have full power to conduct and control any competitions

and to make such regulations for the participation of clubs in such competitions as the League

Management Committee shall think appropriate.

27.4 The fixtures shall be arranged in the manner directed by the Management Committee and shall be

played on the dates arranged, unless with the permission of the Management Committee, who shall

have power to grant postponements and to alter venues.

28.2 Any dispute between two or more clubs as to the arrangement of fixtures shall be referred to and

decided by the Management Committee.

28.4 Any club without just cause failing to fulfil its fixture obligations in respect of any such match under

the jurisdiction of the League on the appointed date or dates shall for each offence be liable to the

deduction of points in respect of a League Championship match, and/or to such other punishment

as the Management Committee may determine.

Every single rule relating to fixtures and leagues is basically at the discretion of the Management Committee. Therefore, having been told by the Management Committee to play a 3rd div fixture, that is what Livy should have done.

Again, no amount of interpreting changes that.

So will there now be an appeal to the SFA, then when that fails a civil case in a court of law? :rolleyes:

When will the SFL Management Committee confirm the deduction of points? (-15 at least hopefully) ;)

Probably drag it out as long as possible then put in place the deduction necessary to keep them in the 3rd Division. ;)

-108 points decreasing by the week.

Edited by ayrmad