Livingston - all the threads merged

They would hardly ask the sfl for guidance given that they were disputing what the sfl were saying. And if McGruther was motivated by the cost why would he agree to play Ross County when the cost of that trip would have exceeded the cost of a trip to Falkirk

They werent disputing what the SFL were saying, they were appealing against a punishment given for a breach of the rules. Theres absolutely no reason why they couldnt have asked the SFL to clarify what the situation was pending an appeal.

As someone else has pointed out, offering to play Ross County was an empty promise made in the knowledge that it would never happen.

50 pages of hatred filled semantics.

Is there any posters on here who'd stake their lives on Livi's interpretation being wrong in the eyes of the law courts?

Anyone who says yes is a fcukwit of the highest order as those who govern under those rules don't even know which interpretation is correct.

50 pages of hatred filled semantics.

Is there any posters on here who'd stake their lives on Livi's interpretation being wrong in the eyes of the law courts?

Anyone who says yes is a fcukwit of the highest order as those who govern under those rules don't even know which interpretation is correct.

I wouldn't stake my life on something so decidedly trivial.

It doesn't mean I'm wrong, however.

In a couple of hours, even less maybe, all this will be over and normal life can resume.

Questions occupying my mind at the moment include will Neil Rankine turn up at Hampden today looking like something out of Miami Vice and was Davey Longmuir sent to Somerfield to get a jar of mayonaisse for the ham and cheese rolls at lunchtime?

In the meantime I am, trying to decide who should play in goal for my Premiership Fantasy Football team. Quite fancy Paul Robinson as I don't think Blackburn will concede many goals and leaves more money to spend on midfielders/attackers. Arshavin at £11m worthy of inclusion?

Some posters need to remember that today isn't about what games should or should not have been played at the weekend. It's about the penalty imposed on Livingston for going into administration, and whether the SFL were acting within their discretionary power to relegate them to the Third Division.

The Management Committee will sort out what penalty, if any, Livi show incur for refusing to play East Stirlingshire.

Edited by Jacobite_Dundee

Some posters need to remember that today isn't about what games should or should not have been played at the weekend. It's about whether the penalty imposed on Livingston for going into administration, and whether the SFL were acting within their discretionary power to relegate them to the Third Division.

The Management Committee will sort out what penalty, if any, Livi show incur for refusing to play East Stirlingshire.

Something which Mr Absurdly Angry of South Ayrshire should bear in mind before pawing at his keyboard again.

I wouldn't stake my life on something so decidedly trivial.

It doesn't mean I'm wrong, however.

It doesn't mean you're correct.

Livi still under 1st Division banner on SFL website would suggest that they're not sure either.

Part of me wants Livi to take this further just to show up the ineptitude of the SFL,for the sake of Livi fans and the integrity and reputation(not worth much IMO) of the league I hope they just take it and get their heads down.

Would I be wrong to suggest that the longer this goes on the better it actually is for Livi. I mean if there was an overwhelming consensus surely it would be done by now.. On the flip side it might just be that they are now debating whether to chuck them out completely..Of course they might just be involved in a massive game of Jenga.. ;)

Something which Mr Absurdly Angry of South Ayrshire should bear in mind before pawing at his keyboard again.

I know the points for scrubbing won't be decided or discussed at a SGM.

Would I be wrong to suggest that the longer this goes on the better it actually is for Livi. I mean if there was an overwhelming consensus surely it would be done by now.. On the flip side it might just be that they are now debating whether to chuck them out completely..Of course they might just be involved in a massive game of Jenga.. ;)

.....or comparing nob sizes, and seeing who can piss the highest up the urinal.

It would be a bit strange to punt them when the reason for demoting them was to retain the integrity of Div 1.

Or maybe it was all wrapped up within five minutes of the start of the meeting, but they felt that they should make it look like a hard decision, and keep the door closed until mid-afternoon.

I like the Jenga suggestion, though.

:o:bairn:death

They were demoted for being unable to guarantee 36 fixtures, a week after saying they would.

And if they're punted they won't fulfil 36 fixtures,that's my point.