Livingston - all the threads merged

Why should I be anxious?

It's not my club that's staring down the barrel of extinction :lol:

Your day may yet come Sir C. Stranger things have happened. ;)

edit Thank's for the pointer sir C

Edited by jimbo

Not really, as I would probably have gotten myself caught and would have ended up serving 15 years to life. Besides that, I didn't have a bread knife with me.

But wait..........maybe if I had wore a Livvy shirt and blamed the bloke who previously owned my house, then I just might get away with it......

Deary me, Dunc, that's garbage by your standards.

Anyone know what the man Welsh does at Livi? Who is he pals/works with? sorry his first name escapes me.

Brian Welsh was named the new head of youth last week. He is Gordon McDoog's son-in-law.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

The first vote will be to decide whether or not to vote on what to have for lunch, or just leave the decision in the hands of the lackeys.

If the latter succeeds, then the next vote will be to decide which of the lackeys goes and gets the lunches.

:lol: do you know, the funniest thing is that in reality such meetings are totally unlike what fans on the street think they are: and yet - at heart - there is a basic element of truth in what you say!!

Although the SFL sometimes appear to procrastinate, the one thing they can do well is interpret their own rules...and they've done that perfectly in this situation.

I'd bet whichever bloke drafted rule 76 with unless and not until is feeling very smug right now!!

Edited by HibeeJibee

I'd bet whichever bloke drafted rule 76 with unless and not until is feeling very smug right now!!

Hmm...I'm still not sure that makes much of a difference.

I think the most crucial part is "...appeal to a Special General Meeting". That means they can't appeal until the meeting is convened.

McDougall in the papers this morning all conciliation and just want to get on and play a game rhetoric.

Does a leopard change it's spots in the space of a week. I wonder why to blackmail this week before the meeting?

Also ayrmad, I wonder how your club will vote today given it is a club that has arguably punched below its weight to try and balance books while Livi lived it up on the never never? Self preservation? Biggest proponents of that have been the chancers running Livingston FC, now and in the past.

I have no control over my clubs voting preferences,and despite a painful 5 years I still think we need to be mindful of the fact that we can still at some point in the future end up in the same situation.

Yes it is unrelated to this scenario, I said that in my post. My point was that if there is any doubt as to the interpretation of rule 76 then consideration would have to be given as to how the sfl deal with other appeals. In any event this is only relevant to the scratching of last weeks fixture and any penalty that might be imposed for that. It has nothing to do with whether Livi should be relegated or not. The argument against that will have to be that the penalty was unprecedented ( I thought Gretna were relegated because their ground didnt come up to the required standard for first division ) and was too harsh ( as far as I am aware noone in the sfl has ever received any penalty whatsoever for going into administration )

There is no appeal against whatever penalty is dished out for refusing to play the fixture. That bit is pretty clear in the rules.

I have no control over my clubs voting preferences,and despite a painful 5 years I still think we need to be mindful of the fact that we can still at some point in the future end up in the same situation.

I'd be very surprised if Ayr don't vote in our favour. Of course, you have the reason above but you also have the fact that they will just about be safe if they get a team with a points penalty in the league.