Livingston - all the threads merged

I'm afraid First Division team aspirations went out the door with Griffiths, McKay, Davidson and Innes. That's why you got pumped 3-0 by Albion, not because of the pitch, EdinburghLivi (provisionally subject to appeal).

As for tomorrow, nothing less than a 120 point deduction or expulsion altogether will suffice IMO. Then again, dancing at the the cheats in the Third Division, should, with any luck, be ample consolation if that doesn't come to pass. :D

In my opinion, our first XI is still good enough for the 1st division as it stands. When you have dross, like yourselves, with aspirations of finishing high in that division, I'd imagine we'd fit in okay, if only near the bottom of the table.

I see you took my advice and increased it to over 118, leaving us with a guarenteed negative total. I like your style.

sadly for the players if you lose on thursday will you not have to release players, due to budget?

Yeah, of course. However, I imagine that will begin to happen next week, if at all. I really don't see the 'big earners' getting emptied on Friday when they will still be due a wage regardless of whether they're playing the following day. We might as well get one last game out of them.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

The Third is fun though...

Ah, that's right. Your team spent a few seasons in this division, as well.

Any trip to look forward to, in particular? Or were you one of the people who jumped on the bandwagon when you were promoted from the 2nd?

Edit:- Triple post. Nice...

Edited by EdinburghLivi

In my opinion, our first XI is still good enough for the 1st division as it stands. When you have dross, like yourselves, with aspirations of finishing high in that division, I'd imagine we'd fit in okay, if only near the bottom of the table.

I see you took my advice and increased it to over 118, leaving us with a guarenteed negative total. I like your style.

Indeed, but dross like ourselves aren't relying on a bunch of youth players to bolster the side, and haven't humilatingly lost any of our opening cup matches to lower league opposition. The gulf is clear to see. Two divisions wide I'd say.

102 for the second financial implosion + 20 for scratching the fixture. I think it's suitable and fair. B)

Ah, that's right. Your team spent a few seasons in this division, as well.

Any trip to look forward to, in particular? Or were you one of the people who jumped on the bandwagon when you were promoted from the 2nd?

Edit:- Triple post. Nice...

Not quite. Started going when we were 5th in the Third Division (first season), and we somehow went on to win that league on the final day.

Elgin's a good morning, afternoon and night effort. It's lovely around December.

Indeed, but dross like ourselves aren't relying on a bunch of youth players to bolster the side, and haven't humilatingly lost any of our opening cup matches to lower league opposition. The gulf is clear to see. Two divisions wide I'd say.

102 for the second financial implosion + 20 for scratching the fixture. I think it's suitable and fair. B)

That's because your youth system is shite. More than of the players that come out of ours are quite capable of fitting in a 1st division squad when they are around other 1st division players as well. This has been proved for the last three seasons.

However, you do get a few rotten eggs amongst the creme de la creme of youth systems, as was proved against Albion Rovers. There's nothing you can do when you have a bomb-scare CB trying to play silky football on a tattie-field. 2-0 down without a hope in hell of doing what we do best, passing around teams.

We'll have to wait and see, I suppose. I'd imagine a 120 points penalty is high up there in the list of options.

1 :P mostly due to having just come out of admin :ph34r:

I knew it would be one just to ruin my post...

Not quite. Started going when we were 5th in the Third Division (first season), and we somehow went on to win that league on the final day.

Elgin's a good morning, afternoon and night effort. It's lovely around December.

Fair play.

I believe we have Elgin away next week, I'm quite looking forward to it. Nice and toasty in August, I hear B)

My mistake, we have Berwick Rangers away next week. Elgin away is in November. I'm bringing my parasol B)

Edited by EdinburghLivi

However, you do get a few rotten eggs amongst the creme de la creme of youth systems, as was proved against Albion Rovers. There's nothing you can do when you have a bomb-scare CB trying to play silky football on a tattie-field. 2-0 down without a hope in hell of doing what we do best, passing around teams.

We'll have to wait and see, I suppose. I'd imagine a 120 points penalty is high up there in the list of options.

Well that's what you're putting up with, and if indications are anything to go by, you're in for a gubbing. :D

120 points is more than just. Anything less is yielding to blackmail. :angry:

This thread will undoubtedly go through the 10,000 barrier tomorrow B) the only question left that interests me is what figure will be higher the eventual number of post in the thread or Livingston's attendance for the coming season - I'd go for the former.

I've not got a clue, don't even want to ask anyone, shitting myself now. :(

Well everything happens for a reason and what ever will be, and all that.

To be honest whatever happens Livi are fcuked and things will never be the same for them again, they might not go out of business in the near future, but they will the next time, and there wil be a next time.

It might have been better to have let it die weeks ago or even now, much better that than soldiering on as the seem determined to do and die the death of a thousand cuts.

Probably not what you want to hear, but reality all the same. :(

This thread will undoubtedly go through the 10,000 barrier tomorrow B) the only question left that interests me is what figure will be higher the eventual number of post in the thread or Livingston's attendance for the coming season - I'd go for the former.

Must be great to support a huge,mighty team and slag the diddy teams eh? :huh:

I think he will understand. ;) I also know his name but would not be so childish to post it. you would be best ignoring him as he is really not worth it. :rolleyes:

:lol: Like you and Jimbo are one and the same :lol:

If you were a true Livi fan you'll have followed this thread from the start and my name was well known as it was published in the Daily Record links on here :lol:

You were probably still following the Tinks though back when it started :lol:

Well that's what you're putting up with, and if indications are anything to go by, you're in for a gubbing. :D

120 points is more than just. Anything less is yielding to blackmail. :angry:

120 points is not enough. Only just reward is Livingstone FC being kicked out tomorrow as you dont deserve to be in the third division. 10 days ago you had my backing as you were a club being run by an idiot (and many previous) just like my club was for many years. When our idiot tried to run us into the ground we got on with it and battled, we turned up and took some beatings, trust me the journey home from Elgin is a tough journey after your have lost, and Berwick if fact even the journey home from the home games was tough. We cut our cloth and never overspent and yes people laughed at us and called us a "Diddy" team but we played and respected all others within the SFL. I went to every game during our 9 point season and have followed the Shire for 35 years home and away.

Last weekend you bleated, cryed, whinged and chucked the dummy because you were caught out and highlighted for being a club who were running well beyond your means. Businesses go bust every day and creditors are let down but when you piss on other supporters and all the teams who have for years battled to survive you deserve everything you get.

Albion Rovers got the last laugh kicking your arse, i only wish you had shown up last week and taken another beating as i would have respected that a whole lot more than the actions you have taken. I was at your first league game Livingstone Fc Vs Shire, would have been nice to have been at your last!

Stranraer, Stirling Albion, Clyde, Albion Rovers, The Shire and more have all had there problems over the years and still do but we play the game and turn up and respect the others. As a Shire supporter i have had ever insult, every joke, every pain as i watch us lose again but i have at least the dignity that we never let anyone down and we played the game.

My season starts on Saturday a week later than everyone else and the good people of Annan will welcome us, i was one of the supporters who last week made every effort to ensure i would be at the first game of the season by booking my holidays (3 months ago) to ensure i would be back at 9am Saturday morning so i could watch the Shire. Many others who i know lost money on train tickets from Bolton, Sheffield & London so they to could also be at the game.

As i have said i felt for your club over the last year until Livingstone FC let everyone down.

I understand that there will be good Livi supporters and i feel for them but i will not feel any sorrow if you are launched out the SFL tomorrow as you really deserve it.

At least Gretna resigned before they were booted.

I also know the is no e at the end of Livingston before anyone point it out :D

Well, tomorrow is the day and as I've said before I expect a heavy defeat for Livi's appeal. I'd be very surprised if McGruther and Livi5 take it to the courts. I think they'll realise the game is up...?

Has McGruther not already said that he will not pusue any further appeal after tomorrow?

Off course that does not mean that the fuckwits known as LIvi 5 will not pursue the matter further when/if they complete the purchase.