Livingston - all the threads merged

You won't be expelled. Btw, sanctions for the game v ES will probably not be made on Thursday.

EDIT TO ADD: Any points fine for scratching has to be large IMO (15?) to stop it happening again.

I am also led to believe that there is an expectation that all will not be finalised on Thursday. The pain may well be prolonged further still!

I'm now one of them I see. I can't be arsed counting back but I'd think getting on for half of them will be since the fixture scratch against East Stirling. I wasn't that bothered about the whole thing before then. I still think their actions last week were a disgrace. They were wrong not to play the fixture but what really got me was the way they did it. For that reason I'd hammer them on it. If they'd said from the word go or at least far earlier on the Friday I might have contented myself with a 3 point deduction or something but the way they did it deserves more.

Oh yes. It was so obviously a pre-meditated action, and was the defining factor in showing that things at Livingston had not changed one little bit...........one bunch of chancers has been replaced by yet another. On and on it goes.

I am also led to believe that there is an expectation that all will not be finalised on Thursday. The pain may well be prolonged further still!

I hope not, because I think a lot of people are getting sick of the whole episode. As for a points deduction over failing to play East Stirling, I agree with 15 points, after all Hamilton were done for the same thing nearly ten years ago when they went on strike over their pay.

As I've said previously, I have great sympathy for the supporters of Livi because they are being put through the wringer, but they have to accept (and most of them have in fairness) that punishment must be dished out. It's unfortunate that those left behind have to carry the can for Massone's incompetence, but it's all happened under the name of Livingston FC and that's where the punishment must lie.

I hope not, because I think a lot of people are getting sick of the whole episode. As for a points deduction over failing to play East Stirling, I agree with 15 points, after all Hamilton were done for the same thing nearly ten years ago when they went on strike over their pay.

For the umpteenth time Hamilton were given a 15 point penalty because that's what was needed to stick them clear at the bottom of the league with three games to go, not particularly because the offence was deemed worthy of 15 points. It sets no great precedent here except in terms of a points deduction being applicable. The size of that deduction is still up for debate.

Technically Thursday's meeting has nothing to do with the failure to fulfil that fixture which should require a separate LMC decision (assuming they lose the appeal - obviously if they win the game would have been null and void anyway). As such it shouldn't be discussed and it should come up for decision later. However, I'd imagine all parties could agree to deal with it in the same forum if they really wanted to. I guess that would have to include the agreement of Livingston.

You can't just decide not to turn up for a game..this isn't the Pub League!

Are you sure ??? Many pub leagues are run better than the SFL.

They've been making rules and punishments up on the hoof. They stated one week that Livi would be in the first then demoted them to the third three days before kick-off causing chaos and knowing that there would be an appeal.

Livi didn't just fail to turn up for the game, it was indicated to the SFL on the Friday that the appeal would mean we couldn't play the game so the SFL postponed it.

In the Hamilton case, AFAIR, the other team and the refereeing team turned up for the game and it was abandoned.

Funnily enough, after reading Southviews link, We never did find out who 'Livi's real genuine fans who support Massone' really were! If that video bob comes back perhaps he could ask him? :rolleyes:

According to Peter Liar, I'm one of them and he has photos of Massone in my car to prove it. Funny, I thought he would be falling over himself to post them all over t'internet and get £1000 for the fighting fund.

But then, he is a lying p***k :lol: :lol: :lol:

If the SFL do cave in then the league will officially become the laughing stock of the entire footballing world. They have to make a stand, put the foot down and stick with the decision to have any sort of credibility left. They should also get a points deduction in the Third Division for the refusal to play a fixture especially when they had 11 fit players to put out as they said they "offered" to play Ross County.

They've been making rules and punishments up on the hoof. They stated one week that Livi would be in the first then demoted them to the third three days before kick-off causing chaos and knowing that there would be an appeal.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/Relega...39-.5528165.jp

We have done everything we possibly could to give Livingston that opportunity. Even today, with this decision, we are still giving Livingston the opportunity to continue within the Scottish Football League, albeit from a lower base. Nothing had really changed, just the fact we had given Livingston as much time as possible to come up with a plan. Certain aspects of the plan came to fruition, certain aspects didn't. The risk to us was the integrity of our league, in terms of the fulfilment of fixtures in the First Division. We can't take the risk of further disruption.

It would appear that Livvy were demoted because the Div 1 plan didn't actually materialise.

Livi didn't just fail to turn up for the game, it was indicated to the SFL on the Friday that the appeal would mean we couldn't play the game so the SFL postponed it.

Any source for that? The SFL published the fixtures in the morning. Livvy asked for leave to appeal very late (4.37pm?) on Friday

If the SFL do cave in then the league will officially become the laughing stock of the entire footballing world.

Will it feck :D. This matter is very small beer compared to what happens elsewhere - the Argentinian season, for example, has been delayed (yet again) due to the debts and utter disarray over there.

In the Hamilton case, AFAIR, the other team and the refereeing team turned up for the game and it was abandoned.

Utter tripe MCL.

The SFL has not made up rules or punishments as they went along though Longmuir's comment about demotion from the first division not being considered at the original meeting because the business plan was based on first division football continues to haunt.

The SFL did NOT postpone the game, certainly not willingly anyway as their statement clearly showed. Livingston refused to compete in it and therefore they had no option but to advise it wouldn't go ahead. I'll grant you Livingston did indicate on the Friday that they wouldn't play but if it was so obvious that would be the case in conjunction with an appeal perhaps you'd care to shed some light on why:

1 - They didn't bother to tell anyone until nearly 6pm on the Friday, and

2 - They made an announcement confirming an appeal almost a whole hour before they confirmed they wouldn't be turning up to play East Stirlingshire (and also why Ged Nixon went out to the car park and told fans gathered there that would be the case at the same time as the first statement was formally released but it still wasn't mentioned on that statement).

The Hamilton game was technically not abandoned as it never started. It was postponed just as it would have been had it been frozen off or waterlogged. Granted that one was even less notice than Livi gave but it wasn't done by the club in a fit of pique either, it was a unilateral action by players (not without good cause).

Edited by Skyline Drifter

As far as I can recall, the club were not given any guarantees or promises they would compete in Division One. The assurances they were given were that they could continue to trade, but had to formulate a proper business plan for the meeting last week.

Show me where it says what you claim

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/Relega...39-.5528165.jp

It would appear that Livvy were demoted because the Div 1 plan didn't actually materialise.

Any source for that? The SFL published the fixtures in the morning. Livvy asked for leave to appeal very late (4.37pm?) on Friday

They just refused, plain and simple.

Wow. I've seen some ropey interpretations of whats happened over the last few weeks, but that one really tops the lot. Not one word of fact, well done :rolleyes:

Sorry, but no.

When a player is sent off, his red card remains in place until such time as the appeal is heard. If for any reason, a game takes place twixt the red card and the appeal hearing, the player remains red carded. He cannot appeal and then consider the red card suspended until that appeal is heard.

Livingston cannot be demoted and then appeal in the belief that the demotion isn't real until the appeal is heard. They have been wholly premeditated in their actions and most importantly, in the timing of their actions believing it would give the SFL no time or space to punish them effectively.

They hoped to get an SFL1 game under their belts, and would have claimed that as being game set and match.

That the SFL actually stood its ground and did not bow to blackmail and being pushed into a corner by Livingston, then it was obvious that Livingston had not thought through that eventuality.

They then made one utter cock of a decision by failing to fulfill a fixture.

It was the single decision that showed Livingston are still not in the game for the right reasons. They are still seeking to gain an advantage at the expense of others.

They are a third division club who are hoping to be re-instated to the first. They are NOT a first division club hoping to avoid demotion to the third. To compound matters further, they are a third division side who refused to play a third division fixture.

Livingston have had yet another opportunity to act with a bit of grace and humility. Once again, they chose the route of avoiding what they are long overdue.

This is not about the shortcomings of the SFL. This is about LFC seeking to take advantage of whatever situation prevails. Boy, they can dish the shit out, but they certainly don't like the same stuff being fed back to them.

Sorry MCL, but I can't find a single statement of fact in your entire posting.

Edited by Guest

Blimey. Pisstaking aside I genuinely can't see a single thing in that post that's actually correct.

According to Peter Liar, I'm one of them and he has photos of Massone in my car to prove it. Funny, I thought he would be falling over himself to post them all over t'internet and get £1000 for the fighting fund.

But then, he is a lying p***k :lol::lol::lol:

If you really think you can get them to stoop to your filthy level dream on!

The people who matter have seen the evidence. ;)

Your filthy cash is not welcome in the fighting fund no matter how desperately cash is needed. :D