Livingston - all the threads merged

Agree, I think if it came to a vote on expulsion (and Livingston are left in the Third Division) most Third Division clubs wouldn't want four free Saturdays and would vote against, that should be enough to block expulsion (I'm assuming it would take a 75% majority to expel them?)

Clubs do not decide on the punishment for scratching v East Stirling (punishment which could be a fine, points fine, expulsion etc.) - it is the SFL Management Committee who decides. In addition it should be remembered that there is no right of appeal whatsoever for any punishment given out.

I think the Management Committee will be savvy enough not to appear vindictive, and will bear in mind the impact on Div 3 clubs (and a resulting new club election process). They won't expel Livi...

Edited by HibeeJibee

hahaha

Good lord, I didn't see that one.

Here's a topper...

Especially hilarious bits in bold

8th August 2009, 11:33 AM

LIVIFOREVER

1st Team regular

Good post and shows how fans of all teams can be reasonable, however the Airdrie manager and Chairman have both made statements that have attacked Livi, that's how Airdrie have been seen as enemies of Livi, it's only natural that an attack on your club is met with such a view.

We all know who to direct our anger at though, the SFL, as it is them that's created this situation, Airdrie are just looking after their self interest, which is natural.

Edited by jupe1407

You've been reading Turbo100's posts haven't you? :lol:

Haven't been paying much attention to contributors I'm afraid :lol: . Another classic is the thread setting out why West Lothian Council should really be investing far more money in the club :o!!

In the LiviLions poll - 10% of fans think their punishment should have been "a final warning" :lol: !!

Edited by HibeeJibee

Haven't been paying much attention to contributors I'm afraid :lol: . Another classic is the thread setting out why West Lothian Council should really be investing far more money in the club :o!!

Going by some of the posts on there, I'd say WLC would be better investing far more money in the education system :rolleyes:

In the LiviLions poll - 10% of fans think their punishment should have been "a final warning" :lol: !!

Presumably, the other 80% thought that would have been too harsh?

Did you mean this one?

OK, whining is a bit strong.

But the Council should be helping the club more than it should. There should be banners in the shopping center promoting the Club. If you advertise it right, then people will sit up and take notice.

The Council should have invested more in promoting (or even done a partial investment in the club). If it had, other businesses may have got involved, and thus brought in revenue, not only for the club, but for the community and other businesses in general.

I think the Council missed a huge opportunity here. I mean, there is not one sports shop in that center selling Livingston products. There's not even one shop !!!

So, when I mean is that when they are 'whining' for 280K, it feels like they could have done so much, much more for the Club, and the Town in general.

Turbo100s posts really are a source of comedy gold :lol:

WLC should also consider "gifting" Livi the stadium. Fantastic stuff.

Did you mean this one?

OK, whining is a bit strong.

But the Council should be helping the club more than it should. There should be banners in the shopping center promoting the Club. If you advertise it right, then people will sit up and take notice.

The Council should have invested more in promoting (or even done a partial investment in the club). If it had, other businesses may have got involved, and thus brought in revenue, not only for the club, but for the community and other businesses in general.

I think the Council missed a huge opportunity here. I mean, there is not one sports shop in that center selling Livingston products. There's not even one shop !!!

So, when I mean is that when they are 'whining' for 280K, it feels like they could have done so much, much more for the Club, and the Town in general.

Turbo100s posts really are a source of comedy gold :lol:

WLC should also consider "gifting" Livi the stadium. Fantastic stuff.

cue EdinburghLivi claiming Turbo100 is Dunfermline fan

The duty of the Council is also to promote their County. I think we need to look at the bigger picture here. Livingston FC brings jobs and money into the local economy.

Livingston FC may be a private enterprise but still adds to West Lothian as an important entity,

:lol:

the council just spent over a £100 million quid on its new Civic Center (that's for itself remember - itself!!). But its whining over a paltry £280 K !!! - If anything, they should be promoting Livingston FC, helping it, nurturing it. It is, after all, their Senior Football Club in West Lothian.

:lol:

Edited by HibeeJibee

Also laughable to see comments about "if we end up in Div 3, we'll do it all again, and prove them wrong by getting consecutive promotions". Erm :huh: ... wasn't previous success achieved on debt?

the never got consecutive promotions the first time :lol: