Livingston - all the threads merged

I love the post on LiviLions that worries about the team being "penilised".

I know they've been a financial basket case for over a decade, but cutting their knobs off would surely be incredibly harsh.

The sensible and correct decision. Livingston are applying the rules correctly.

First up it shouldn't be up to Livi to apply any rules :lol: !! Secondly, the SFL have seemingly gone 180 degrees from 11am to 4:50pm... payment of players is irrelevant, they've played the past 2 weeks without payment :lol: . The game should have gone ahead IMO. This is a comical disgrace.

I believe they weren't insured and it appears their union is involved now. Because of their involvement it would appear that the SFL have once again performed their habitual volte-face.

I know it's our fault, jeez, I haven't missed that one, but the SFL should have postponed these games on Wednesday.

Why should 5 other clubs be inconvenienced for the sake of Livvy?

If Livy had a problem fulfilling these fixtures then they should have said so before now.

Guest Flash
Further info from the Livi boards suggest that this is an SFL sanctioned postponement. The players not being paid and all that.

The SFL might have agreed to it, perhaps reluctantly. That doesn't mean there won't be any penalty for failing to fulfil a fixture. Or, at least, it shouldn't mean that.

Livi could find they start in the Third with a 15 point penalty.

Or maybe they are just about to be placed in liquidation and rather than play a couple of games beforehand, they have decided to pull the plug.

I believe they weren't insured and it appears their union is involved now. Because of their involvement it would appear that the SFL have once again performed their habitual volte-face.

I know it's our fault, jeez, I haven't missed that one, but the SFL should have postponed these games on Wednesday.

Let's be quite clear here: if players have been used in Cup games uninsured then that is utterly shocking in itself. If one had taken a bad fall and broken his back, think of the consequences...

Secondly, insurance of players is the club's responsibility. If they cannot fulfil a game due to a lack of insurance, they're in the wrong. It's outrageous to postpone the match to help them out.

Thirdly, who has taken this decision? SFL Management Committee? Longmuir? A Livi 5 dictat...?

EDIT TO ADD: The same applies to wages: if Livi can't play due to the players (essentially) going on strike, then they are in breach of rules. They've scratched, failed to turn up. Just like Accies...

Hopefully the SFL can give clarification on [1] is it just East Stirling v Livi off, or all 3; [2] has SFL given Livi permission to postpone it, or is it off as Livi can't raise a team; [3] why wait to 4:50pm?

Edited by HibeeJibee

Well quite. What rule-book are they working from? And what part of it changed between 11am - and 4:50pm? All 3 'provisional' games off or only East Stir v Livi? KO is in 21 hours time FFS :lol: ...

But SFL put a statement onto their site this morning saying games were on whatever happened?

Oi, don't attribute that to me :P

Let's be quite clear here: if players have been used in Cup games uninsured then that is utterly shocking in itself. If one had taken a bad fall and broken his back, think of the consequences...

Secondly, insurance of players is the club's responsibility. If they cannot fulfil a game due to a lack of insurance, they're in the wrong. It's outrageous to postpone the match to help them out.

Thirdly, who has taken this decision? SFL Management Committee? Longmuir? A Livi 5 dictat...?

I sense that, like me, you're on the brink of spontaneous combustion over all this...

Luckily, I'm away to catch a bus soon so will have time to calm down.

Not really been following this today, but i'm guessing that failure to provide insurance is the club's fault. Are they going to suffer a penalty along the lines of that which Accies received?

Not really been following this today, but i'm guessing that failure to provide insurance is the club's fault. Are they going to suffer a penalty along the lines of that which Accies received?

I think they've had enough penalties by now. Sick to the back teeth of these chancers, get them to f**k and have a 9-team Third Division please.

Edited by vikingTON

Guest Flash
I sense that, like me, you're on the brink of spontaneous combustion over all this...

Spontaneous catchabusoon?

It's because I'm a pedant with no work to do and too much time to sit on P&B :lol: ... that said I am also a supporter of lower-league football. A supporter of the SFL. My club, Berwick Rangers, is a member of the SFL and has been so for over half a century. We - clubs and fans - deserve better than this. The reputation of our league is being dragged into farce. It's just utterly embarrassing.

Regardless of what's happened, saying all OK at 11am then switching at 4:50pm is disgraceful...

Edited by HibeeJibee

Although this doesn't affect my club yet (it will if it's not resolved in a month's time), I'm actually quite angry about all this.

Just fucking kick Livi out of the league and let them waste their money in the law courts.

The cheating b*****ds have got away with it for far too long now and if reports are to be believed, they're dictating to the SFL what should and shouldn't happen tomorrow.

If there's anything we've learned over the last few days is that the SFL have had enough of being dictated to, hence the eventual demotion of Livingston. Here's hoping that they don't fall for this latest one and throw the book at them even harder.