Livingston - all the threads merged

Posters on the 8,400 post strong "Livingston-All Threads Merged" thread today reacted with dismay when the thread was relegated without warning to the third division by the Pie & Bovril management committee.

"We feel that, having bored the first division forum for the whole of last season, explained P&B Secretary Div, "that relegation to the third division gives this thread the best possible hope of survival on P&B".

However, a wide range of posters queued up to lament the almost inevitable extinction of the thread. "This is the death knell of the thread" complained KingfaetheSooth, who vowed to set up a Thread Trust in oder to ensure fair governance and a voice for all, with the thread finding its own level in future years. Meanwhile, the interested SkylineDrifter-qos75-Yoss consortium was urgently seeking a meeting with the authorities, to establish a new location for their nuanced observations on league management. "It's going to be very difficult" posted a tight lipped Yoss after crunch four hour crisis talks in an internet cafe in Kirkcaldy.

There are real fears that the collapse of the thread will have knock on effects in the local economy, with internet cafes across the country reporting a 448% drop in revenue in real terms, pointing to serried ranks of empty chairs previously occupied with Champions-League standard procrastinating fans. Virgin media bosses warned of the likelihood of administration after seeing a 2.7 GB-per-user-drop in bandwidth consumption in the last 24 hours. Most damningly, posters across Scotland now face the ghastly prospect of actually having to do some work.

As activity drained from the thread, with poster after poster leaving with a bitter "ah'm no slummin it doon here" valediction, at the eleventh hour, a cigar smoking Stadio delle Almondvale arrived to announce that he was here to save the thread, and that he was ready to write 60,000 posts immediately, in order to ensure its short term survival.

He was last seen being pursued by an angry mob from the internet, however, whilst the discussion sank to the humiliating oblivion of page four on the third division forum, falling below little visited titles such as Update on Chris Jardine's toenail fungus, Berwick's new fourth change strip available to pre-order online, and the Prohibition of Promotion for Montrose Football Club (Scotland) Act 1996

:( .

Quality.

Especially like the bit about folk having to do work. I am on holiday next week but been on a break for the last two weeks while hitting F5 in here :)

Here's how they do things down in England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ter/8184045.stm

Perhaps KfTS has an inkling as to what the points deduction is for but clearly the Conference management felt that it was too late for any kind of demotion.

I know there is nothing that says they may or may not have been considering a punishment like that but the fact that they have whacked them for 25points suggests that had the season not been starting this weekend, Chester may have found themselves in the Conference North.

I was also remembering back to last summer and how the Football League in England treated Rotherham, Bournemouth and Luton. The first two were in administration for a second time and were only allowed to remain in the FL on the condition they accepted a 17-point penalty each AND waved their right to any appeal.

Luton were hit with a 30 points deduction for breaking certain rules. They made an appeal but it failed. These matters came close to the start of the season as well.

Up here, our mob decide to relegate a club three days before the start of the season, having a week earlier decided to let them stay in the first division, which promotes two clubs in the process, and then they tell us all that they can't confirm whether certain clubs will have a game or not until 30 hours before the start of the season.

Great stuff.

EDIT: And said club are also allowed to keep their right of appeal which has caused chaos with the potential for further disruption.

Edited by southview

Has MCL been on since the decision? I seem to recall he was quite prominent on here with some "hilarious" GIRUY posts littered with ":lol:" after it looked like Livi might be saved.

May need to take you up on that if we die tomorrow :(

Ayrshire ton -The 'three amigos' have not actually taken over yet. :bairn

If they haven't taken over yet, does that mean that Massone has not received his £50,000?

It would be ironic if he was to be shafted!

IMO relegation to the 3rd division is a bit strong. This being the case what if it was a 2nd division team or even a 3rd division team would they be chucked out the league totally?

Why should Airdrie and Cowdenbeath be promoted, they should earn the right to play in the 1st and 2nd divisions by winning promotion or the play-offs?

Livingston should appeal the decision and get points deduction and stay in the 1st division. :angry:

Has MCL been on since the decision? I seem to recall he was quite prominent on here with some "hilarious" GIRUY posts littered with ":lol:" after it looked like Livi might be saved.

He's posted once, although considerably muted from his previous bellicose self.

I think he might finally be realising there's no profit to be made.

If they haven't taken over yet, does that mean that Massone has not received his £50,000?

It would be ironic if he was to be shafted!

I may be wrong but my understanding was that Mcgruther put forward the cash for Massone's shares as the interested party would not buy in if he remained. That was when the offer was 25k though so I've no idea where the other 25k came from.

Well then GIRbackUY Captain. ;)

Don't feel rejected it's only coz he's young and still thinks he's going to pull a stunner for his growing up parade,reality will settle in and he'll realise(probably after a skinful)that it's not bodywork but performance that counts. :P

Edited due to muddling up Inverclyde wankers. :)

Edited by ayrmad

Don't feel rejected it's only coz he's young and still thinks he's going to pull a stunner for his growing up parade,reality will settle in and he'll realise(probably after a skinful)that it's not bodywork but performance that counts. :P

He is having a dance with Vikington on the Killie thread at the moment so I think he has pulled his stunner. ;)