Livingston - all the threads merged

You f**kers went bust owing left right and centre, and came back by helping Dr John "Sod" Hall to murder Clydebank when he realised he wasn't going to be allowed to turn them into Franchise FC.

So please, spare us the Airdrieonian crocodile tears for "business integrity" - you hid those under your Ku Klux Klan robes years ago. <_<

Excellent post.

Close but no cigar.....Livi are deffo staying in the first Division and its yet to be decided how many points we will lose.

You seem to be missing the point. Absolutely nothing is "deffo" about this case at all. It's all smoke and mirrors and the faint whiff of corruption has become an overpowering stench. I really don't expect Livingston to be in the first division this time next year. I don't, as it happens, expect them to exist.

Guest MalckyB
Aye, so the rules are adapted to suit Franchise FC, their legoland stadium and patchwork existence.

I doubt we'd see the like for any other club in Scotland outside the Old Firm.

Yep,...looks like it..well theres a first for everything eh! :D

Guest MalckyB
You seem to be missing the point. Absolutely nothing is "deffo" about this case at all. It's all smoke and mirrors and the faint whiff of corruption has become an overpowering stench. I really don't expect Livingston to be in the first division this time next year. I don't, as it happens, expect them to exist.

Well they may not be in the first division this time next year, but I am more convinced after todays events that they will exist.

Well they may not be in the first division this time next year, but I am more convinced after todays events that they will exist.

Why? You'll continue to make losses and will continue to have no assets and a worse credit rating than Kerry Katona. The question of going bust continues, as ever, to be 'when'.

Livi should and must be deducted points for yet again entering admin and not paying creditors etc. If the SFL does not deduct them points then hell mend them in the future. Livi seem to have had the great escape yet again and by the sound of it they are not going to be punished by the SFL, complete fucking joke.

Correct. See my post above. The stench of this will not go away.

Why? You'll continue to make losses and will continue to have no assets and a worse credit rating than Kerry Katona. The question of going bust continues, as ever, to be 'when'.

The point of being run by the administrator for a year is to allow negotiation of creditor repayment, probably eight pence in the pound or something derisory like that.

After a year they'll be free and clear to start all over, at worst as a Second Division club.

Exist maybe but for how long. This will come back to haunt the SFL. This in no way confirms anything like a long term future for Livi. If they survive I suspect we'll be back in this situation before too long. Hopefully the clubs vote in the right way and tell them to get tae.

If I was a Clyde board member i'd be consulting some lawyers pretty sharpish. It appears that all you need to do is survive is not do anything and then plead for a rule change and promise to be better behaved...again!

Didn't want Livi to go under but the SFL have copped out again and shown themselves as being truely spineless when faced with a real decision to make.

Better hope Brechin get that hedge moved...thats the real evil after all!!

Guest MalckyB

The new chairman and board will not allow that to happen.The club will live within its means and find its level and if thats in a lower division then so be it!..but survival looks more assured now that new backing has been found.

Once Massone has relenquished his shares and is run out of town the new Livi will rise from the ashes.

Obviously the new regimes business plan and the way forward that was put to the SFL today was found to be acceptable hence the survival of Livi...simple as that!...we are not totally out of the woods yet though,much depends on getting the shares from Massone or the other member clubs voting on the rule change but compared to the situation this morning its a big leap forward....the easiest and preferred way for everyone would be for Massone to take the money and walk.

Edited by MalckyB

....the easiest and preferred way for everyone would be for Massone to take the money and walk.

If this happens do allthe creditors get their money paidin full? If not then it's only preferentialto Livionce again.

Guest MalckyB
Sorry Malky, but like many people i'll believe it when I see it!

Well I was at Almondvale tonight at a meeting hosted by the trust and the new regime and it was made ultra clear to all in the room that the club will live within its means from today onwards and if that means finding its level in a lower league then so be it.The Massone,Flynn and Keane days of buying success and financial recklessness are gone now forever.As fans of the club we can only hope that is indeed the case.

Edited by MalckyB

The new chairman and board will not allow that to happen.The club will live within its means and find its level and if thats in a lower division then so be it!..but survival looks more assured now that new backing has been found.

Once Massone has relenquished his shares and is run out of town the new Livi will rise from the ashes.

Obviously the new regimes business plan and the way forward that was put to the SFL today was found to be acceptable hence the survival of Livi...simple as that!...we are not totally out of the woods yet though,much depends on getting the shares from Massone or the other member clubs voting on the rule change but compared to the situation this morning its a big leap forward....the easiest and preferred way for everyone would be for Massone to take the money and walk.

Where have I heard this before? Was it the last great saviour, or the one before or the one before that?

Surely the 'easiest and preferred' and correct way forward for Livingston was liquidation.

Obviously the new regimes business plan and the way forward that was put to the SFL today was found to be acceptable hence the survival of Livi...simple as that!...

No, it was seen as being less embarrassing as having to run one of the SFL leagues with less than its full quota of teams.

much depends ...(on) the other member clubs voting on the rule change

If this proposed rule change is genuine, I for one will be writing to the chairman of my club asking him not to vote for it.