Livingston - all the threads merged

i think airdrie and cowden were staying where they were regardless waffen and the sfl were going to give compo to the div 3 clubs. could be wrong though. At the very least i hope the sfl learn something from this, but I won't hold my breath.

Just been on radio scotland Livi have to get 75% of the votes for to get the rule change.

Airdrie will not be happy Cowden will not be happy so that could be 2 lost votes for starters so its not all over yet.

edit because a was burning ma tea. :(

Can't remember who it was that was speaking on the radio but he did say he had spoken to a few chairmen and they were fed up and pissed off with the whole Livi thing. Airdrie,Cowdenbeath and Clyde were teams that were mentioned for likely to vote against. he said that the matter was not finished with as Livi will get some sort of sanction. no point fining them they have no money likely to get a points deduction.

St.Johnstone will most likely vote against any change. Geoff Broon HATES Livi with a passion

Was at football training, whats happened? are they dead?

Massone has an ever extendable deadline to sell his stake in the club. If/when he does, a new company will be started, the league membership will be transferred and Livingston FC Ltd will be wound up with the new team starting in the 3rd division.

If he doesn't sell, they'll be given a 15 point penalty <_<

St.Johnstone will most likely vote against any change. Geoff Broon HATES Livi with a passion

Ghostie made a boo-boo

Perhaps I should clarify as ghostie isn't on his game today. There are 30 clubs in the SFL, and Geoff Brown isn't in charge of any of them.

Edited by Johnstoun

Are they insolvent? Is the definition not that they cannot pay their debts. I would have thought that the jury is out on that, since we don't know what kind of cash or commitments the latest white knights are going to make.

They are "hopelessly insolvent" according to their administrator - Link (about half way through the article)

I'd suggest that this is exactly the time. The consequences need to be plainly and clearly laid out well in advance so that the league doesn't leave clubs like Livi wriggle room should they fail to pay their debts in full and so clubs like Clyde don't feel cheated when they try to pay theirs

Stuart

Yes, although I'd rather vent my anger at the cheats than have a serious discussion in this thread ;)

HMRC are one of the biggest and, in fact, the prime creditor. They will not allow some 'tax dodge' change of rule by the SFA to stand in the way. By HMRC I mean that's us, the taxpayer.

I understand West Lothian council gave Livi £25K for 'hospitality' for council officials and the like, the free-loading shysters. All it would take is for a concerned tax-payer to ask for a judicial review and methinks the game would be up.

If I read between the lines on Rule 21.7 what the SFA are proposing is that McDougal & Rankine can walk into Livingston FC, make a slight change the name to the business and walk away from the debts. This sounds like a very dubious business practice very like what used to be known as a 'phoenix' fraud dressed up as a good deal for scottish football. It will be interesting to see if the SFA ever realise that what they are proposing consitutes a criminal offence.Nobody in their right minds will ever lend any money again to the game. Stupid b*****ds.

Edited by ronaldincoo

Guest MalckyB
Massone has an ever extendable deadline to sell his stake in the club. If/when he does, a new company will be started, the league membership will be transferred and Livingston FC Ltd will be wound up with the new team starting in the 3rd division.

If he doesn't sell, they'll be given a 15 point penalty <_<

Close but no cigar.....Livi are deffo staying in the first Division and its yet to be decided how many points we will lose.

You don't think it's a scandal that an insolvent club is given different and preferential treatment to at least two clubs which no longer exist?

Of course it's a scandal - that is stating the bloody obvious - but to berate Livingston for being the beneficiaries of it is frankly childish: if Ross County were in the same boat you would certainly not be complaining, and deep down you know it.

The villains of the piece are the SFL (who are - remember - the clubs themselves, including your Ross County). They make the rules. They even make up the rules as they go along. The buck stops with them as to how they are interpreted.

It would be wonderful if Clydebank and Gretna (the latter having at least the smattering of a case and a direct linkage back to the old club as well as the new) sued the arse off the SFL for these dual standards, but that's not going to happen.

Better still would be for Scottish club football fans to petition UEFA to intervene to give Scottish football the shakedown it so badly needs to ensure a situation like this never happens again.

As I've said, this could be a golden opportunity - if fans make themselves heard enough - to get through a lot of long overdue changes up here. Hell mend us if we pass up the moment.

Close but no cigar.....Livi are deffo staying in the first Division and its yet to be decided how many points we will lose.

Aye, so the rules are adapted to suit Franchise FC, their legoland stadium and patchwork existence.

I doubt we'd see the like for any other club in Scotland outside the Old Firm.

Ghostie made a boo-boo

Perhaps I should clarify as ghostie isn't on his game today. There are 30 clubs in the SFL, and Geoff Brown isn't in charge of any of them.

OOPS!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Well blow me down with a peashooter man, you are indeed correct. I momentarily forgot that we are the champions my friends.Geoff will be gutted for sure. He may even resign St.Johnstone from the SPL just to get a chance to vote "No get them away tae fuck".

Now repeat 100 times.." St.Johnstone are in the SPL, St.Johnstone are in the SPL, St.Johnstone are in the SPL........

I've mostly defended the SFL up to now but I'm very concerned about this. I'm struggling to see any justification at all for this afternoon's fuge. Anyone going to volunteer to attempt one?

I've mostly defended the SFL up to now but I'm very concerned about this. I'm struggling to see any justification at all for this afternoon's fuge. Anyone going to volunteer to attempt one?

They don't have a clue is the justification. "We can't have a league with 9 teams in it and we can't punish the poor fans of Livi".

I hope fans in D1 will boycott Livi games if they get away with this and write off their debts again. I don't know why be bothered paying everyone back- we really were mugs.