Livingston - all the threads merged

A zero point deduction wouldn't surprise me given the highly-lax way they've dealt with Livi just there.

Have they really? Yeah, there has been a bit of a circus over the past 6 months (or is that the past 3 - 4 years) but, at this point, Livi haven't tried to avoid paying their debts and have promised to fulfill their football commitments for the next season.

Hopefully the SFL have demanded concrete financial evidence that Rankine and the other fella have the resources to keep these promises and, while I think they would be perfectly entitled to hammer them should they renege on these promises, it'd be a bit premature to punish them just now.

I also think the SFL should bring in fixed penalties for financial irregularities e.g. 30 point deduction applicable within the current season should a club fail to pay 100% of its debts upon leaving administration and explusion from the league following full insolvency.

Unfortuanately, if the latest reports are anything to go by, they seem to be looking to create a loophole.

Stuart

Absolute fuckin joke...

Clyde over the summer made 13 players redundant, released the rest of the out of contract players, and have had to employ a bunch of last chance saloon players on £20 p/w to play for us so we can pay off a shitload of money on stadium debt.

We'll suffer in the 2nd division for that exact reason and will keep us down for a while. Whilst those cheating c***s can spunk money all over the shop, not pay fuckin bills, and then get a wee scare and slap on the wrist by the SFL.

Fuckin joke. If those c***s continue Full Time and in the 1st division, then it's a complete fuckin joke.

f**k Livi and f**k the SFL. Shower of c***s the lot of them!

I've limited sympathy for Clyde given that we suffered as they contiunually outspent us on wages. For all that, I agree with you here.

Clyde (finally) have taken the correct action to reduce their outgoings and get the club on an even keel again. They, and their fans, will have to endure a good few barren years as a result, possibly leading to another relegation.

In future, all you have to do is spend well beyond your means then transfer control of the club to a shell company with no obvious links to the incumbent regime.

FFS.

Not really as no one would be stupid enough to lend or allow big contracts without seeing some money first but that can't be changed. It would be madness.

Its sad to say but some poor unfortunate will be scammed into supplying them with goods and services without an upfront payment. However, this seems to be a common practice in the world of business - winding up companies with loads of debt and turning up in a different guise six months later. What these people don't realise is that without the goodwill and support from a local community, most clubs will find things even tougher- shame on clubs like Montrose, Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath, Raith Rovers, East Fife and the rest but once again Livi walk away smelling of roses.

Just been on radio scotland Livi have to get 75% of the votes for to get the rule change.

Airdrie will not be happy Cowden will not be happy so that could be 2 lost votes for starters so its not all over yet.

Hopefully the clubs will see sense and veto it.

Have they really? Yeah, there has been a bit of a circus over the past 6 months (or is that the past 3 - 4 years) but, at this point, Livi haven't tried to avoid paying their debts and have promised to fulfill their football commitments for the next season.

Hopefully the SFL have demanded concrete financial evidence that Rankine and the other fella have the resources to keep these promises and, while I think they would be perfectly entitled to hammer them should they renege on these promises, it'd be a bit premature to punish them just now.

I also think the SFL should bring in fixed penalties for financial irregularities e.g. 30 point deduction applicable within the current season should a club fail to pay 100% of its debts upon leaving administration and explusion from the league following full insolvency.

Unfortuanately, if the latest reports are anything to go by, they seem to be looking to create a loophole.

Stuart

The club are insolvent and deadlines were given. These deadlines have now passed. The club should be being wound up as we speak.

I'd also agree that greater financial control is required, although this isn't the time to discuss them.

So to continue this never ending argument, do you have proof that members of the SFL didn't encourage Jim Ballantyne to follow this course of action?

No more than anyone has proof the earth is fucking flat, you halfwit! <_<

What are you, Luna "Just because you can't prove something doesn't mean it isn't true!" Lovegood?

So once again, we shall ask the question, if Ballantyne was encouraged by the SFL as alleged to devour Clydebank, why did they approach UEFA and then subsequently change the rules to prevent it happening again?

Airdrie's debt was serviceable. It's only when the directors walked away and the accountants took over that it spiralled.

pigs_flying.jpg

I highly doubt that 22 out of 29 teams will vote for this.

Well, the S.F.L. will have to take swift and decisive action then!

Another 'rule change' eliminating voting should ensure Livingston continue as normal.

August 8th will see them lining up ready for the new First Division season with no points penalty and a large ticker in the boardroom that counts down the seconds until they can wave the administrators off and start the spending again.

Ten points would be a disgrace. I would hope for nothing less than twenty points, possibly thirty. In fact, I can't believe they haven't been relegated to the third division. I hope the SFL suffers somehow for this scandalous decision.

Do those grapes taste sour ? :lol:

Well if they do change this rule - it will open up a whole crock of shit for Scottish Fitba, more clubs will be seduced by the "dream" of being 3rd in the SPL knowing full well when it all goes Ken Tong, they won't have to stump up a penny. To the likes of MCL - what about those Livi FC staff who were made redundant - are they geting their jobs back - cnuts like you make me sick.

Go on Angelo - burn Almondvale down !

I believe the staff made redundant may get their jobs back but I'm not the one making that decision.

Cowdenbeath - the 4th force in Fife :lol:

What in the name of suffering f**k is that?

The use of the word "any" would suggest that the SFL are going to take no action whatsoever. 15 points or whatever Hamilton were fined for non-payment of wages should be the absolute least that Livingston escape with.

If Livingston finish ahead of ANY club this coming season, I hope to f'ck that the relegated club(s) consider legal action. This is unreal.

Was the fine not for failing to fulfil their fixtures? That of course came as a result of non-payment of wages, but I thought the actual reason for the deduction was the players going on strike and refusing to play one game.

Anyway, this is an absolute disgrace. They'll f**k the creditors over again, and go back to their old ways.

I have no desire to see fans lose their football club, but this absolutely scandulous and Livingston shouldn't be getting away with it any more.

Do those grapes taste sour ? :lol:

You don't think it's a scandal that an insolvent club is given different and preferential treatment to at least two clubs which no longer exist? You don't think it's at the very least distasteful that a club is able to generate millions of debt, be unable to function and yet still maintain its status? You don't think the SFL making things up and having no set punishment for corrupt football clubs is slightly problematic?

Sour grapes? No. Utter contempt for Livingston and the SFL? Absolutely.

Why are the SFL so intent on keeping a shitty football team in a shitty little town alive?

Because that "shitty little town" has over 50 000 people and growing - more than Arbroath (who also manage to sustain two Junior sides as well as a Senior), Brechin and Montrose combined - and so has at least plenty of potential for a decent football club to be in place.

Why do you think they did their best to get the likes of Clyde out to either East Kilbride or Cumbernauld at the first opportunity? It's bad enough that Scotland's sixth largest town (EK) has no league representation without the eighth largest rejoining the vacant ranks as well.

Furthermore, in the current economic climate, they've probably decided that it's best to give Livingston a chance rather than the risk of Airdrie and Cowdenbeath having to completely rethink their season ahead and the already cash-strapped clubs in Division 3 facing the prospect of a month's worth of "fallow" weeks.

Why are the SFL so intent on keeping a shitty football team in a shitty little town alive?

Because it's easy and cheap to get to with good transport links and their wives can go shopping fairly cheaply in the nearby shopping centre ? :lol:

I would be surprised on a rule change on the percentage of votes needed down to, say, 1%?

Teams whose name begins with L get a block of 75.01%

Or the SFL will give them a 10-point head start as a thank you for not making them run a 9-team league.

Seriously, if that vote goes through re 21.7 the game's fucked.

You don't think it's a scandal that an insolvent club is given different and preferential treatment to at least two clubs which no longer exist? You don't think it's at the very least distasteful that a club is able to generate millions of debt, be unable to function and yet still maintain its status? You don't think the SFL making things up and having no set punishment for corrupt football clubs is slightly problematic?

Given that he's a Massone kiss-arse, I'd imagine he has similar morals to the Italian.

The club are insolvent and deadlines were given.

Are they insolvent? Is the definition not that they cannot pay their debts. I would have thought that the jury is out on that, since we don't know what kind of cash or commitments the latest white knights are going to make.

Obviously I'm no accountant.

I'd also agree that greater financial control is required, although this isn't the time to discuss them.

I'd suggest that this is exactly the time. The consequences need to be plainly and clearly laid out well in advance so that the league doesn't leave clubs like Livi wriggle room should they fail to pay their debts in full and so clubs like Clyde don't feel cheated when they try to pay theirs

Stuart

Guest MalckyB

Oh the Irony,someone from Arbroath calling Livi a shitty little town!!....lmfao.!! :D:D:D:D

More vinegar for those sour grapes sir?!!.. :D:D:D

Edited by MalckyB