Livingston - all the threads merged

Two points:

1. This must be the first time in ages that two clubs from the same division have played each other in a pre-season friendly - regional cups aside (RRFC 2 v Aidirie 0 at the beginning of the month)

2. Will there be another Scottish Cup place for a non-league team? Bankies got beat by my big team , Auchinleck Talbot, in the SJCF so maybe them?

Is there any of the old Meadowbank support in existence and is that a route these fans can take (as Clydebank fans have?)

A couple of them have posted on this thread. ;)

The old Meadowbank supporters I know will be pissing themselves laughing right now. Been said time and again but Meadowbank were a well run club who did very well living within their means. They would have been in the Premier League but for league reconstruction and also reached a national cup semi final, and produced a player who represented Scotland in the World Cup. Their club was sadly hijacked and turned into a financial basketcase which has slumped from one financial crisis to another. I feel sorry for the Livingston fans who either adopted the club or grew up with them, and it certainly wasnt their fault the club was formed in such a disgraceful fashion, but its hard to feel much sympathy for the club as an institution. Given their past they will probably come through anyway, then end up in further problems in the near future. Anyone for SPL2?

Indeed Waspie - the author of the article I sent you a while back must be having a quiet chuckle. I think there might be a toast and a few beers sunk at the next Edinburgh City match to mark the passing of Livingston FC. I can understand where they are coming from too - if the MK Dons went a similar way, I'd be drunk for more than a week. :)

Changing tack - and a question for those more in the know on the 'ins and outs' of Scottish football governance - I've seen the following posted on another Board and wonder if it true:-

The rules of the SFA dictate that if a club is unable to pay it's debts or has liabilities greater than it's assets, the club's membership of the association can be suspended or terminated.

Fiscal policy has also been given prominence in the SFA National Club Licensing procedures.

It is now a mandatory requirement for each club to satisfy a number of criteria, including that it is solvent and can trade for the full season. This involves the submission of accounts and budget forecasts. If it cannot meet this criterion it will not obtain a licence and will not be permitted to play any fixture

Can someone confirm the following:-

1. Is fiscal policy actually given such prominence in the SFA's National Club Licensing Procedures?

2. Can anyone confirm the actual requirements that the clubs have to adhere to?

3. Is it mandatory for a SFL club to have this license?

This looks like it *might* be a good step forward providing it is properly policed and implemented by the various football authorities in Scotland.

No the split is 60/40 if you read the SFL cup rules for the Challenge cup and league cup.

I would rather QoS got the full 100%.

Livi now seems doomed and it might be for the best. The club has been poorly managed since day one and a new club will hopefully be born out of the shame, disappointment and greed left in LFC's wake.

We will be back - stronger, better organised with more passion. With a club run by the supporters and not some low-life Italian or Irishman who is more concerned about money than the well-being of a club and its local people.

RIP Livi and we shall raise again!!!!

At last an end to Franchise Football is in site and the adopted Livvie fans can now go back to their original teams such as Old Firm, Edinburgh two, etc.

This along with the Gretna thing was always destined to failure anyway. No tears in this neck of the woods as this is a classic example of the Law of the Harvest..........what goes round comes round.

I hear that Bathgate Thistle are thinking of relocating to Almondvale!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Livi now seems doomed and it might be for the best. The club has been poorly managed since day one and a new club will hopefully be born out of the shame, disappointment and greed left in LFC's wake.

We will be back - stronger, better organised with more passion. With a club run by the supporters and not some low-life Italian or Irishman who is more concerned about money than the well-being of a club and its local people.

I see livilions is closed to non members, what's the mood like in the camp?

No the split is 60/40 if you read the SFL cup rules for the Challenge cup and league cup.

Has the cheque been written for £10,000 (guesstimate) since the game on Saturday? If it has, who was it given to? Is there a functional board of directors currently at Livingston FC? Does anyone actually know what happened to the £125K that the club received from Dundee for the recent transfer? Has more than one person been breaking the law recently? I am becoming rather suspicious. B)

If this happens - you will have my full support and i might even try and attend a Livingston 2009 v Gretna 2008 match in the EOS.

Moderators - miscellaneous football chat for this pish now surely?!. :D

If this happens - you will have my full support and i might even try and attend a Livingston 2009 v Gretna 2008 match in the EOS.

Moderators - miscellaneous football chat for this pish now surely?!. :D

It's never over until the fat lady sings KFTS. <_<

I'm assuming you would be as welcome, as a kick in the stanes. Given your relations with both sets of fans. :P

Has the cheque been written for £10,000 (guesstimate) since the game on Saturday? If it has, who was it given to? Is there a functional board of directors currently at Livingston FC? Does anyone actually know what happened to the £125K that the club received from Dundee for the recent transfer? Has more than one person been breaking the law recently? I am becoming rather suspicious. B)

Such a thing as Installments, Livi were in no position to reject that sort of cash, even if they only got 50k up front.

It's amazing how the chief architect of Livvy's demise is still, somehow, deemed untouchable

That's the name of the game, every team in Scotland has in the past and present shat on everybody else to get to where they are. You only have to look at Falkirk, they were refused entry to the SPL because of the shite hole that was Brockville. Falkirk made sure they had all the best players that season and won the league, just to spite everyone else. Nobody went up and nobody went down, congratulations p***k.

Nonsense. What you are saying is that the only teams that season who should have been allowed to sign anyone were Clyde and St Johnstone.

We signed the 5 jobless Airdrie players and 1 Ayr Utd player from the 1st division. Hardly weakening our opponents.

In a way, the stink we kicked up in 2003 because, thanks to signing these players, we won the title fair and square may have led to the SPL's comedown on entry requirements the following summer.

Great point, especially as a supporter of the team that came 2nd that year. The team in 2nd that year should've went up. But because of Falkirk spending money on their team rather than their stadium, they fucked it up for everyone.

Shut it Duffman. Just like Raith Rovers, your club have shown an inability to keep a balance between satisfying SPL entry requirements and balancing the books.

Why didn't Clyde challenge the SPL back in 2003 like we did? Why didn't you fight for ICT's promotion place in 2004? How much did it cost to keep your side near the top of the table for 2 years and is that a reason you can't pay the bills now?

Nonsense. What you are saying is that the only teams that season who should have been allowed to sign anyone were Clyde and St Johnstone.

We signed the 5 jobless Airdrie players and 1 Ayr Utd player from the 1st division. Hardly weakening our opponents.

In a way, the stink we kicked up in 2003 because, thanks to signing these players, we won the title fair and square may have led to the SPL's comedown on entry requirements the following summer.

Pffff. Deflection and whataboutery!

It is clear that your club signed some players they thought might help them win First Division matches.

Falkirk FC - worse than Hitler.

It is clear that your club signed some players they thought might help them win First Division matches.

Absolutely - look how long Hitler managed to stay in Europe.

Quite.

I feel sorry for Ayr in all this. Their chairman was busy building all these SPL complient stadia whilst neglecting his own side. Actually, I don't feel bad for Ayr at all. They are still in existence while the sides that chased the 10K dream drift further and further up shit creek.