Livingston - all the threads merged

Easy to say just now, but what if Livi just swapped places with Spartans? They just missed out when Annan got in of course and this has the result of the SFL and EoSL having the same number teams and not making a balls up of the whole thing. (If they did, I can see Cove Rangers etc being cheesed off though)

As an aside, will the SFL compensate the nine third division teams who'll lose out on two home gate receipts this coming season?

Why Spartans? Why do they deserve to leapfrog the electoral process?

Of course that's exactly what I'm arguing you nob.

The people that created this situation are many and I;m very well aware of how badly Livingston have been run, for many years, how they've fucked over many many people in the process. I'm well aware of Blobby Hunter, Keane and Flynn, the dubious role of the LDC / WLC and how things just kept getting worse with each new shyster at the helm.

But, in the end, Massone had a simple hand to play today, and refused to do so. He didn't manufacture the pistol that shot this club all by himself, but he's sure as heck fired the bullet that looks like killing it.

You said he was single handedly responsible, and that is all I disagreed with. And as you have just described there are numerous people have contributed to Livi's demise just as much, if not more, than Massone. Just because he is the man who happened to be around during their final days doesn't make him solely responsible.

That's the name of the game, every team in Scotland has in the past and present shat on everybody else to get to where they are. You only have to look at Falkirk, they were refused entry to the SPL because of the shite hole that was Brockville. Falkirk made sure they had all the best players that season and won the league, just to spite everyone else. Nobody went up and nobody went down, congratulations p***k.

True to form, another ill-informed p and b pile of shite. :lol:

If Massone does relent, I do think they will survive. Certainly going by what the administrator was saying on SSN. Of course the 'if' I mentioned earlier looks to be insurmountable. Unless the chef at the Sheraton adds some cyanide to his bolognese sauce tonight.

Just having a bit of a conversation about this with a QP fan that posts on here, but i cant understand why the SFA had nothing ready in case of this eventuality, surely it has looked likely for a while and i can't understand why they cant put a jnr team in the league the now, such as spartans, the SFA is a joke, this would never happen down south.

Well for a start it's got SFA to do with the SFA. Assuming you mean the SFL then yes, it's easy to say something different should have been done, much less easy to come up with concrete proposals for actually what (that wouldn't also have scunnered a number of other clubs that found themselves in difficult but ultimately rescuable positions). It's something that needs to be looked at pretty seriously though. Probably they should have acted more strongly over the late wage payments, that's something they'll need to consider now for future situations.

Would Livingston not have been entitled to 50% of the gate from last saturdays cup game against Queen of the South?

After Queens expenses were deducted. However, given there was less than 2000 at Palmerston, I think this amount will just be enough to cover Massone's, short break at the Sheraton. I believe the leisure facilities there are second to none, so it is value for money.

He'll get precisely nothing if the club is liquidated because there are no assets. There's no way he can not be aware of that.

There are still assets, so not actually true. But not far off the truth.

Depending on the small print, he may even be a creditor.

Why Spartans? Why do they deserve to leapfrog the electoral process?

Ah, sorry. I'd thought they'd come second in the last entry process but it was actually Cove who were the closest. Spartans only got six votes in the end of course, doh! :wacko:

Old report

Guess it will be the usual teams applying for SFL entry but with a whole season to fight over it.

I'm pretty sure it was true, they spent big time knowing they wouldn't be given their right to play in the SPL.

Like ground-sharing with Airdrie was such a no-no? ;) Falkirk put forward a workable plan to play in the SPL which was shot down by the then member clubs (who then accepted a similar proposal from ICT with added bonus of reducing the capacity requirement). Indeed, Eddie Thomson, in full w****r mode, declared on air that Falkirk wouldn't be promoted despite not having seen any submitted bid. The finger of blame can easily be pointed elsewhere.

Edited: as for the Clyde fan mumbling about finishing 2nd. Broadwood wasn't fit for the SPL in that particular year either.

Edited by Millfield Marksman

Just having a bit of a conversation about this with a QP fan that posts on here, but i cant understand why the SFA had nothing ready in case of this eventuality, surely it has looked likely for a while and i can't understand why they cant put a jnr team in the league the now, such as spartans, the SFA is a joke, this would never happen down south.

Seems that the 'paperwork' takes too long. Joke. :o

Is there any of the old Meadowbank support in existence and is that a route these fans can take (as Clydebank fans have?)

The old Meadowbank supporters I know will be pissing themselves laughing right now. Been said time and again but Meadowbank were a well run club who did very well living within their means. They would have been in the Premier League but for league reconstruction and also reached a national cup semi final, and produced a player who represented Scotland in the World Cup. Their club was sadly hijacked and turned into a financial basketcase which has slumped from one financial crisis to another. I feel sorry for the Livingston fans who either adopted the club or grew up with them, and it certainly wasnt their fault the club was formed in such a disgraceful fashion, but its hard to feel much sympathy for the club as an institution. Given their past they will probably come through anyway, then end up in further problems in the near future. Anyone for SPL2?

eh ? roll on Sat then.......

Ha, ha. He stated he was there to pay the players wages today. However, he may as well have said he was there to split the atom, for all the truth that was in it.