Livingston - all the threads merged

From what I picked up from it I thought it sounded definate. But I was driving so it didnt have my full attention.

annoyingly the teenaged interviewer didn't press him on the point, but I get the feeling that if he had McGruther would have hemmed and hawed a bit and not given a definitive answer.

McGruther can't afford to be seen as weak in the face of an individual like Massone, but the cold reality is that Massone *does* still have time to transfer the shares, until the SFL meeting tomorrow.

I still have the nagging feeling that they will survive. Dont hold your breath for them being demoted to Div 3 if Massone changes his mind. After all, the SFL "aren't in the business of killing off clubs".

annoyingly the teenaged interviewer didn't press him on the point, but I get the feeling that if he had McGruther would have hemmed and hawed a bit and not given a definitive answer.

McGruther can't afford to be seen as weak in the face of an individual like Massone, but the cold reality is that Massone *does* still have time to transfer the shares, until the SFL meeting tomorrow.

I still have the nagging feeling that they will survive. Dont hold your breath for them being demoted to Div 3 if Massone changes his mind. After all, the SFL "aren't in the business of killing off clubs".

In fairness they did demote Gretna to division three last year at a time when the administrator was telling them the only hope of a deal was remaning in division one. I know, as noted many times on teh thread, the demotion was because of the ground and not the administration but nonetheless they weren't deflected from the decision by the threats of what effect it would have on Gretna.

The league meeting may be tomorrow, but I would guess that they have already made their mind up, whether the club is saved or not. The whole saga has been allowed to drag on for too long and is farcical. Airdrie Utd will probably get humped each week in the 1st division, as they have a very reduced squad aimed at 2nd division football now. The same goes for Cowden. We could win the 3rd division. We may do ok in the 2nd, but have no chance of any real success. Like Airdrie Utd, we did not have the chance to bring in players ( or keep some players in Airdire's case ) for the likely higher division campaign.

Correct,McGruther stated that the final deadline was midday then went on to say unless the shares were transferred pre the SFA/SFL meeting tomorrow so in affect Massone has till tomorrow to agree

Talk about dragging it on

I still think a deal will be done and Livi will survive

Not dragging it out at all. McGruther would have needed time between now and the meeting with the SFL tomorrow to sit down with interested parties and get assurances/proof together to present which showed they were willing and able to fulfil fixtures for the season.

The longer it goes on without Massone selling his shares, the more certain it becomes that Livingston are effectively finished as I can't imagine the SFL would be willing to accept any assurances or guarantees which are backed by Massone.

I'll stick my neck out here and give Livingston fans my sympathies. Know how it feels being on the brink of losing your club, been through it twice in the last 5 or so years and we're still not out the mire by a long way.

livi will be rotting in hell by this time tommorow morning.This was fun chaps see ya next month for clyde's turn B) l love how the grim reaper only gets the bad guys airdrie clyde livi third lanark gretna not proper teams like Dundee, Motherwell, ect

Fixed it for you

Nope.

Tis the gap between a goalkeeper and his centre halves. A good centre forward will always gamble by attacking this area when a cross is delivered.

:P

It's both, actually. :P

Your defn of it for football is spot on.

In cricket, it's six inches outside the off stump- the batsman feels he can't leave the ball and must play it, creating the possibility of an edge to the slips; or, he leaves it and risks the ball nipping back off the seam and taking the top of the off stump.

There is no way back for Livingston. That's it.

The reason why there was a 12noon deadline was so that Massone could clear off with his cheque and McGruther could spend the rest of today negotiating with bidders and drawing up paperwork to prepare for the future.

Then, in the administrator's own words, he could turn up at the meeting tomorrow and say "here's the saviour of the club, talk to him about the future".

Instead, by refusing to do the deal, McGruther will spend the rest of the day making people redundant, telling the players the score and contacting creditors. He will also be filling in various different things, basically doing everything that is part of a liquidation process.

He will turn up at SFL meeting tomorrow, tell them that the club has entered liquidation and is not in a position to fulfil its fixtures. Membership will be revoked and that will be that.

Massone "maybe" has a period of grace to change his mind. But it sounds like he won't and even then, that deadline will be fast approaching.

I am sorry for all the good Livi fans, especially the ones who have fronted up on here and entered what has been a very good thread with a lot of good points. They should now focus their energy on applying to become an EOS League side.

In fairness they did demote Gretna to division three last year at a time when the administrator was telling them the only hope of a deal was remaning in division one. I know, as noted many times on teh thread, the demotion was because of the ground and not the administration but nonetheless they weren't deflected from the decision by the threats of what effect it would have on Gretna.

You Raith boys will be 'happy' then surely? Airdrie almost certain to finish 10th and if you finish 9th then you can still be spared by the playoffs.

You Raith boys will be 'happy' then surely? Airdrie almost certain to finish 10th and if you finish 9th then you can still be spared by the playoffs.

From that point of view, no, I'd have been more confident of finishing above a crippled Livi (with or without a points deduction) than I am of Airdrie. They'll be favourites to go down, yeah, but football is enevr that simple. And I believe they're entirely full-time, which puts them one up on both us and Ayr.

From that point of view, no, I'd have been more confident of finishing above a crippled Livi (with or without a points deduction) than I am of Airdrie. They'll be favourites to go down, yeah, but football is enevr that simple. And I believe they're entirely full-time, which puts them one up on both us and Ayr.

The weird thing was that Livi's first team didn't look half bad when we played them in a friendly a week or so back. They had one or two outstanding players and they really played us off the park in the last fifteen minutes of that half. We only were given the opportunity to win because they fielded a mixture of Armand One, under 19s and some notably gash trialists in the second half.

If they survive in SFL1 (southview's post suggests Massone has even less time than I'd thought) I could see them comfortably finishing above the bottom two if they steered clear of injuries.

Not dragging it out at all. McGruther would have needed time between now and the meeting with the SFL tomorrow to sit down with interested parties and get assurances/proof together to present which showed they were willing and able to fulfil fixtures for the season.

The deadline was midday today but in the interview it would appear that really isn`t the case as McGruther has said Massone has till pre SFL meeting tomorrow to agree

For me thats dragging it on

If the deadline was supposed to be today and Massone rejected the deal as he has done,thats it,finto.No need for McGruther to sit down with interested parties as there would be none.Quick phone call to the SFA/SFL to give them a quick heads up pre meeting on the Thursday would be suffice

The weird thing was that Livi's first team didn't look half bad when we played them in a friendly a week or so back. They had one or two outstanding players and they really played us off the park in the last fifteen minutes of that half.

Does that mean that'll they'll be free agents available for pinching on the cheap then?

The weird thing was that Livi's first team didn't look half bad when we played them in a friendly a week or so back. They had one or two outstanding players and they really played us off the park in the last fifteen minutes of that half. We only were given the opportunity to win because they fielded a mixture of Armand One, under 19s and some notably gash trialists in the second half.

If they survive in SFL1 (southview's post suggests Massone has even less time than I'd thought) I could see them comfortably finishing above the bottom two if they steered clear of injuries.

Yeah but that team was still costing more in wages than Livi had coming in, any new owners would have to slash the playing budget much as Clyde have.

Edit: And there'd be a points deduction too.

Edited by Yoss