Livingston - all the threads merged

Just been listening to McGruther on Radio Scotland. Basically Livi fans have a club until tomorrow night. Then that's it.

Just heard the same interview but i'm none the wiser. Given that the deadline has now passed and Massone is refusing to sell. McGruther has said that staff will be laid off today and following the SFL meeting tomorrow the players would potentially follow.

As with other previous threads its just sounding like he's given Massone a further 24 hours to agree. Although I understand he wants a deal done its prolonging the agony for the Livi fans. They've sat and watched today and then effectively been told it'll now be tomorrow....or is it actually all over now?

I really wish I could just get a straight answer!

So he bought the shares for £1, is offered £25,000 plus future payments and still say's "nah, I'll take nothing"? :huh:

Wouldn't surprise me if he's playing mind games just now and then will accept the offer tomorrow morning to be honest. I'm almost expecting it.

I'm no expert, but from what I gather any promise of future dividends is slightly disingenuous on the part of the administrators.

From the outside, Massone looks utterly insane. But I have no doubt he knows precisely what he is doing.

Yep, astonishingly, Massone is refusing to do a deal.

However if he changed his mind this afternoon I still reckon the deal could go through. McGruther didn't say the midday deadline was absolute. Livingston have until McGruther's meeting with the SFL tomorrow. If there's no change in the situation then, then the club will be booted out and that really is curtains.

Can still see a few twists and turns in this yet but I must admit I'm amazed he hasn't taken the offer on the table. What can he possibly gain from his current course of action?

Can't wait to see the DBM chasing him round the Almondvale carpark on youtube :lol:

Correct,McGruther stated that the final deadline was midday then went on to say unless the shares were transferred pre the SFA/SFL meeting tomorrow so in affect Massone has till tomorrow to agree

Talk about dragging it on

I still think a deal will be done and Livi will survive

So he bought the shares for £1, is offered £25,000 plus future payments and still say's "nah, I'll take nothing"? :huh:

Wouldn't surprise me if he's playing mind games just now and then will accept the offer tomorrow morning to be honest. I'm almost expecting it.

I thought the same, but surely it is too late. Whether he accepts anything now or not ( assuming he still has anything to sell now ), the league have to take action and that almost certainly means the end for Livi. At best they might be allowed to apply for the 3rd division space for next season.

We're into the corridor of uncertainty period now- the deadline wasn't absolute and McGruther will make more money if Massone transfers his shares, and he is then able to sell the club to the highest bidder. However without those shares he is administering an organisation which is bleeding McGruther's money, so the plug will be pulled.

Massone seems as clueless as ever though. I can't remember a more farcical situation in senior football than this.

I still think a deal will be done and Livi will survive

Same here. He'll just be wanting them to stump up more than £25k under pressure from the fans and will pay up tomorrow when they don't.

Plenty to keep the press on their toes.

Just heard the same interview but i'm none the wiser. Given that the deadline has now passed and Massone is refusing to sell. McGruther has said that staff will be laid off today and following the SFL meeting tomorrow the players would potentially follow.

As with other previous threads its just sounding like he's given Massone a further 24 hours to agree. Although I understand he wants a deal done its prolonging the agony for the Livi fans. They've sat and watched today and then effectively been told it'll now be tomorrow....or is it actually all over now?

I really wish I could just get a straight answer!

From what I picked up from it I thought it sounded definate. But I was driving so it didnt have my full attention.

Guest Bullywee_loyal_1690

livi will be rotting in hell by this time tommorow morning.This was fun chaps see ya next month for clyde's turn B) l love how the grim reaper only gets the bad guys airdrie clyde livi third lanark gretna not proper teams like st mirren falkirk ect