Livingston - all the threads merged

If that is true there will be severe consequences to be faced!

This thread is going like the clappers! I'm struggling to keep up!

I think the queens v Livi game is still on though is it not?

Oh yes................. Find out from one of the ambassadors where the money went after that. You'll remember Massone said half of it went to HMRC...............cough*didn't*cough.

SOLUTION

1 Rearrange three divisions into two of 14 and 16 - based on last year's standings

2 Drop Livingston to the bottom division of 16

3 Set out new fixture list by Monday

4 Play three times instead of 4 - another step to alleviate the tedious nature of small leagues

Everyone wins and only Livingston loses

Spot the desperate Clyde fan on the thread.

You're in the seaside leagues and you're staying there. Fin. :D

Guest Flash
SOLUTION

1 Rearrange three divisions into two of 14 and 16 - based on last year's standings

4 Play three times instead of 4 - another step to alleviate the tedious nature of small leagues

Playing each other 3 times in a league of 16 produces 45 games each. Do we not suffer enough as it is?

I reckon there's a better chance of getting a stick of rock in the first division - where I make it there are more teams on a coast than in the second. Vikington obviously isn't taking geography.

I reckon there's a better chance of getting a stick of rock in the first division - where I make it there are more teams on a coast than in the second. Vikington obviously isn't taking geography.

Seaside is an appropriate use of imagery rather than pedantic geography, halfwit.

SOLUTION

F**k that.

Last time we had that (late 80s/early 90s) the SFL computer sent us to Dundee twice, Brechin twice and Forfar twice, whilst each of those clubs only had to visit us once.

We also got sent to Meadowbank twice, but on one occasion we were unaware that we were double booked with a cat show (result - game off).

Oh yes................. Find out from one of the ambassadors where the money went after that. You'll remember Massone said half of it went to HMRC...............cough*didn't*cough.

All should be revealed soon then, God only knows what other horrors will be revealed, I dread to think! :angry:

I was under the impression there is only one ambassador?

There's still a hell opf a lot of horse trading to be done I imagine - I still wouldn't rule out someone buying the club and trying to persuade the SFL to transfer the league place. It has been done before by Jim Ballantyne and of course he is now on the Scottish Football League's management committee!

Though, I can't see how he can be involved because as Chairman of Airdrie United he obviously has a vested interest.

Technically, it wasn't the league place that was transfered in that case, Ballantyne bought the Bankies, moved that team, rebranded them as Airdrie United and told the league they would play at the Dangleberry.

Airdrieonians were wound up.

You would think that the Scottish Football League website would have some information on all of this instead of being awash with trivia.

Edited by Caledonian

The SFL don't have journalists, they're reliant on what's on club websites or at least what clubs tell them officially. And since Livi's website at the moment just says "Club statement to follow", they'll be awaiting developments. Everything else is gossip, and p&b is the best place for that.

Edited by Yoss

So, the SFL don't have a concrete set of rules as to what to do if a club is placed in administration? Am I alone in thinking that's a bit amateurish?

Actually it's very good for the SFL. If a small 'provincial' team ever get into the First Division and enter administration they can chuck them out of the SFL. If Motherwell ever get relegated into the First Division and enter administration, they can give them a slap across the wrist. Etc. etc.

One has to presume this has already been achieved. It would be an act of staggering incompetence (par for the course though it may be) for the SFL to have taken absolutely zero action thus far in the demise of a football club which has been open for all to see.

Surely it is up to the administrator to decide: until now, any talk the SFL did was with Massone. But the SFL is only the collection of 30 club chairmen, so they've probably not got involved yet.

Too many pages to read but will Airdrie now be promoted as a result of Livingston going into Admin?, I ask this because when Gretna went into admin they didn't get points deducted but were simply placed in Division 3 (well for a short period of time anyway!). Or since Livingston have went into Admin at such a late stage, will this mean a Division of 9 teams if they go bust?

Gretna were (ostensibly) placed in the Third Division because their ground wasn't suitable, and the administrator couldn't guarentee to fulfil the fixtures. Neither of those apply to Livi as yet.

I still think it would be utterly astonishing if the SFL votes to move Airdrie and Queen's Park up at a week or 10 days notice. Particularly as the Management Committee of the SFL (i.e. the 29 voting clubs - Annan have no vote) includes 9 Third Division + Livi, against 9 First Division, thus you'd expect the Second Division clubs to be those with the power to decide which way it goes.

The previous bit about the Office Bearers + 6 elected delegates refers to the League Executive.

Can the SFL just not cut the pish and throw out this "football club" and replace them with one of the many decent teams from the non-league?

If this was to happen, you're looking at a non-league club resigning from their own league once it's started. I'm hard pushed to think of the last time that has happened in senior football here.

SOLUTION

Quite possibly the barmiest solution conceivable. As much chance of it happening as of Massone being elected Pope, and calling upon Divine Providence to clear Livingston of their £1m+ debts...

For me, the SFL have to deduct them 10 points. And ask for a guarentee regarding fixtures. If Livingston's administrator cannot give that guarentee, then the First Division should run with 9. Promotion/relegation adjusted - and an election process for a new club should be held in spring.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I still think it would be utterly astonishing if the SFL votes to move Airdrie and Queen's Park up at a week or 10 days notice.

I think it would be Cowdenbeath that would be moved up rather than Queen's, as they were the losing finalists in the play off matches, whichever team is involved it is far too late to start moving teams between leagues and if Livingston fail to start the season then in the circumstances the only sensible decision would be a nine team first division for 09/10.

Edited by qpsnapper

I think it would be Cowdenbeath that would be moved up rather than Queen's, as they were the losing finalists in the play off matches, whichever team is involved it is far too late to start moving teams between leagues and if Livingston fail to start the season then in the circumstances the only sensible decision would be a nine team first division for 09/10.

Yes sorry, getting mixed up between QP + Cowden :lol: . Personally I think they have to run with 9 in the First... far too late to start altering away games/hospitality etc., never mind a host of problems with clubs having built squads for the division below. No automatic relegation if just 9.

Guest Flash
I still think it would be utterly astonishing if the SFL votes to move Airdrie and Queen's Park up at a week or 10 days notice. Particularly as the Management Committee of the SFL (i.e. the 29 voting clubs - Annan have no vote) includes 9 Third Division + Livi, against 9 First Division, thus you'd expect the Second Division clubs to be those with the power to decide which way it goes.

The previous bit about the Office Bearers + 6 elected delegates refers to the League Executive.

I can't find any reference to the League Executive in their Rules. The 8 people you refer to seem to be called the Management Committee. However, maybe you have sourced that from somewhere else.

Edited by Flash