Livingston - all the threads merged

But if you took out your posts detailing how every club should be a community based club run by the Supporters Trust, MCL's posts about how he doesn't trust the Livi Trust and the Falkirk fans' polemics that are devoid of paragraphs we are down to one Livi fan asking what time kick-off is on Saturday. :-)

Hilarious :lol:

But if you took out your posts detailing how every club should be a community based club run by the Supporters Trust, MCL's posts about how he doesn't trust the Livi Trust and the Falkirk fans' polemics that are devoid of paragraphs we are down to one Livi fan asking what time kick-off is on Saturday. :-)

:lol::lol:

best post of the 4534 so far!

Court today or tomorrow, apparently. BBC

I don't understand the bit about administration leading to a stable future. Because it has happened before, will administration not just be the preliminary to winding up?

I don't understand the bit about administration leading to a stable future. Because it has happened before, will administration not just be the preliminary to winding up?

It does sound like a lot of shite from the council, saying they have a duty to recover the debt and then petitioning for an admin order.

If it goes into admin (I don't think it will as Massone will defend it) the there will be a quick sale (the council have probably already organised this) so that the administrator gets paid and the old company will be liquidated.

The only certainty is that Livi won't pay their debts, again!! :angry::angry:

My understanding is that by placing the club in administration, the court appoints an outside company to perform an audit to determine the viability of the business.

It is entirely likely that they may take the view that the business is unsustainable and will attempt to service as much of the debt as possible before winding it up.

While they may wish to try and move it on to a third party as a going concern, I fear there may be more debt hiding in the background, and any attempt to to try and buy debtors off with a 'pennies in the pound' scenario may fall flat on it's backside given the problems have been rattling around for years. I think the biggets stumbling blck may turn out to be HMRC, if they are listedas a creditor. They have taken a pretty firm line lately with football clubs trying to dodge paymens.

I'll be surprised if they are here by Christmas.

Edited by Peil

My understanding is that by placing the club in administration, the court appoints an outside company to perform an audit to determine the viability of the business.

It is entirely likely that they may take the view that the business is unsustainable and will attempt to service as much of the debt as possible before winding it up.

While they may wish to try and move it on to a third party as a going concern, I fear there may be more debt hiding in the background, and any attempt to to try and buy debtors off with a 'pennies in the pound' scenario may fall flat on it's backside given the problems have been rattling around for years. I think the biggets stumbling blck may turn out to be HMRC, if they are listedas a creditor. They have taken a pretty firm line lately with football clubs trying to dodge paymens.

I'll be surprised if they are here by Christmas.

The creditors can't stop a sale of the assets.