Livingston - all the threads merged

Does anyone know anything about how the Safety Certificate is issued? Is the council simply advising what needs done to gain the certificate? I've had a look over the Livi board and I thought it was purely a case of some things being moved from underneath some stands.

As regards the situation it seems another day is met with silence from all sides. Good result for Livi on the field last night but no further forward for their fans knowing whats going on/ going to happen off it.

I like livvie. Hope they survive.

I don't.

I remember when they were the pre-Gretna cuddly wee "living the dream" team from the lower leagues.

I could scoosh my way up the SFL if I spent £10 million quid that wasn't mine as well.

What goes around comes around.

I don't.

I remember when they were the pre-Gretna cuddly wee "living the dream" team from the lower leagues.

I could scoosh my way up the SFL if I spent £10 million quid that wasn't mine as well.

What goes around comes around.

Yawns!

After 4452 posts on a thread you'd hope the 4453rd would have a bit of originality.

Must try harder. ;)

Yawns!

After 4452 posts on a thread you'd hope the 4453rd would have a bit of originality.

Must try harder. ;)

First time Ive ever looked at the thread was this week. You'll forgive me if I don't go through the previous 170-odd pages.

Im not fussed if Livvie survive or not tbh. They rubbed our noses in it on the way up, Im only too happy to see your noses rubbed in it on the way down and eventually out.

First time Ive ever looked at the thread was this week. You'll forgive me if I don't go through the previous 170-odd pages.

Im not fussed if Livvie survive or not tbh. They rubbed our noses in it on the way up, Im only too happy to see your noses rubbed in it on the way down and eventually out.

When was your nose rubbed in it ?

That would have been an awful experience for you. You tell me who did that to you and I'll have stern words with them. <_<

Does anyone know anything about how the Safety Certificate is issued? Is the council simply advising what needs done to gain the certificate? I've had a look over the Livi board and I thought it was purely a case of some things being moved from underneath some stands.

As regards the situation it seems another day is met with silence from all sides. Good result for Livi on the field last night but no further forward for their fans knowing whats going on/ going to happen off it.

I was talking to the police at the game last night & they said there are strict rules to be followed that both the council & police must agree these have been met before the certificate will be issued, & as of yet the stadium has not met these requirements, I don't think it was to do with stuff under the stands though because they said as long as there is no blocking of fire exits storage may be done in places where the public don't have access, There are rumours going round about all sorts of things, the Plymouth fans had heard that the club has not renewed the insurance but I've not heard that one & don't know where it came from.

When was your nose rubbed in it ?

"When Livvy were winning. When Livvy were 'the model' of a provincial club. When Livvy were able to cherry pick players for the start of each new season. When the rest of us were unambitious and stale, content to rot in mediocrity for a century or more."

The worst offenders have pretty much shat it as far as this board is concerned: leaving new posters like yourself to face the indifference/dislike/hatred generated by the 'old guard'.

"When Livvy were winning. When Livvy were 'the model' of a provincial club. When Livvy were able to cherry pick players for the start of each new season. When the rest of us were unambitious and stale, content to rot in mediocrity for a century or more."

The worst offenders have pretty much shat it as far as this board is concerned: leaving new posters like yourself to face the indifference/dislike/hatred generated by the 'old guard'.

Yip, I can certainly see why fellow fans would wish to see the death of a club after experiencing the kind of trauma you describe from a few of the Livi support. Yes siree! ;)

Yip, I can certainly see why fellow fans would wish to see the death of a club after experiencing the kind of trauma you describe from a few of the Livi support. Yes siree! ;)

Some people will wish to see it. Some will be happily dancing on your grave. A few others will be sad to see the demise of another clubs. But the general consensus will be, I think, "Couldn't give a toss"

Thing is, and I'm sorry to make this post as repetitive as so many of the others but it appears the message still isn't getting though, but this is being talked about all in the past tense as if Livi fans are suffering for it now. They're not - yet. As it stands they're still maintaining a squad even now that's beyond their ability to pay for (and last time I looked at Livilions there were at least a couple of posters who thought they should be signing Simon Lynch, for example). Unless and until they bite the bullet and take steps to reduce the wage budget to something within their means, as Clyde have had to do in order to survive this summer, then even now and despite everything that's gone before they're still attempting to gain competitive advantage against more prudent clubs by spending money they don't have. Not only do I see no sign of the situation being addressed but I still don't see any great awareness of it among the support (with the odd exception).

Some people will wish to see it. Some will be happily dancing on your grave. A few others will be sad to see the demise of another clubs. But the general consensus will be, I think, "Couldn't give a toss"

Yeh, I can understand that and live with it but it's a far cry from the other reactions you describe. Although to be honest the fact that a thread has attracted over 4000 posts there as to be a smidgeon more than "not giving a toss". I'd say it's more like a cross between schadenfreude and the equivalent of rubbernecking the scene of an accident.