Livingston - all the threads merged

He's not even a Livi fan!

His prophecies are hilarious. "Watch this space," "More to follow," "A statement will be made soon." They're so obvious and ambiguous that he can't fail to be right. It's not hard to make broad sweeping predictions: anyone can do it.

Watch this, this is my prophecy:

Stuff will happen.

There.

On another note, sixteen quid to stand on a grassy embankment? Really? Massone has finally lost the plot.

His prophecies are hilarious. "Watch this space," "More to follow," "A statement will be made soon." They're so obvious and ambiguous that he can't fail to be right. It's not hard to make broad sweeping predictions: anyone can do it.

Watch this, this is my prophecy:

Stuff will happen.

There.

On another note, sixteen quid to stand on a grassy embankment? Really? Massone has finally lost the plot.

Those statements are all from the mouth of the halfwit chairman, Who has really sealed his fate with this latest carry-on, Even the folk who believed him surely won't now! :angry:

The following statement is taken from the OS :-

Plymouth match moved to Bathgate LIVINGSTON'S friendly with Plymouth Argyle on Monday 20 July has been moved to Creamery Park, Bathgate.

The decision was taken this morning by the club after it became apparent that a safety certificate for Almondvale Stadium may not be granted in time for the match, despite electricity being reconnected at the ground.

The match with the Coca-Cola Championship side will kick-off at 7.45pm. Entry to the ground is priced at £16 for adults and £10 for concessions.

Spectators are also advised that there will be limited car parking at the ground.

As stated above, mains electricity has been reconnected to Almondvale Stadium, but we are waiting on the close of business at Stadium House before power is fully restored to both buildings. The club's generator has subsequently been removed.

We would like to apologise to our supporters and our visitors from Plymouth for the inconvenience of not being able to play at Almondvale. Whilst we appreciate moving the game is not ideal, we felt it was the best step to take to ensure fans can see the match.

pixel.gif

whitespace.gif

whitespace.gif

whitespace.gif

Edited by napier deltic

That statement is patently untrue... The SFA updated their friendly match list at opening of business this morning (I happened to check it just after 9am) - and the game was listed at Creamery Park. It seems pretty obvious from this, the Plymouth A website, and the fact that nobody is going to let Livi use their ground "just like that" - this decision was made earlier this week, and not just this morning.

Those prices are shocking for a friendly - even more so when it's been shunted to a junior ground.

Anyone not wanting to pay that on Monday, come to Cappielow instead. Morton vs Dan Petrescu's Romanian Champs Unirea Urziceni. Entry only a fiver...

£16 for a friendly!?

£16 is pointless ... Angelo Massone should go all the way and make it a heroic and noteable fund raising game.

"Save Me and Livi - £1,000,000 for adults, £300,000 for concessions.

Season tickets not valid. Ambassadors and The Man free.".

Better to get nothing through the turnstile for charging way over the odds, than a few quid and ripping people off.

£16 is pointless ... Angelo Massone should go all the way and make it a heroic and noteable fund raising game.

"Save Me and Livi - £1,000,000 for adults, £300,000 for concessions.

Season tickets not valid. Ambassadors and The Man free.".

Better to get nothing through the turnstile for charging way over the odds, than a few quid and ripping people off.

:lol::lol::lol: At least that gave me a laugh.

I watch Bathgate quite regularly and it is a good wee park but "limited parking" Means no more than 20 cars, otherwise it is on the street. I doubt the crowd will present much of a problem though. I have seen seen people watching form the path behind the ground at the graveyard end. I've always been happy to pay the usual fiver to watch a game there.

The suface was excellent last year probably because they didn't play on it in the winter, they just postponed all the games for about 3 months and played them in the good weather. These juniors are daft imagine not playing in the middle of winter.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

I have seen seen people watching form the path behind the ground at the graveyard end. I've always been happy to pay the usual fiver to watch a game there.

Maybe Massone's planning to kill the club off and bury it on Monday night...

...and heres another £8k down the drain....

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/breaking...8000.5465068.jp

Quote from the Evening News ...

"THE head chef at crisis-hit Livingston Football Club, who quit because his wages were paid anything from a week to a month late or not at all, has been awarded almost £8,000 compensation by an employment tribunal. Andrew Park, 32, complained he was the only person who spoke English, everyone else spoke Italian after the company was acquired by its current owners in June last year. Italian Angelo Massone is the club's chairman.

It meant he was unable to understand the substance of the conversations, instructions were given to him in Italian, and he was presented with menus in Italian with no indication what the menus meant in English."

It would be unfair to ask if was being asked to "cook the books" instead of "cook the food". 'Cos there is no book cooking going on.

Edited by ObserverFromAfar

From the Plymouth site:-

ARGYLE have finalised venues for their two games during next week's trip to Scotland, against Livingston and Romanian champions Unirea Urziceni.

Monday's game against Livingston will be played at Bathgate Thistle Juniors ground, Creamery Park. It will kick off at 7.45pm."

Fcukin' hilarious - remember Blobby all those years ago complaining about the cat shows at Meadowbank! At least Meadowbank Thistle paid their bills. Get rid of this franchise before they cause even more embarassment. Plymouth will be chuffed to bits.

So what happens when after the season's started and more utility bills need paid and perhaps Almondvale is out of commision again ? Will the SFA allow them to shunt games to Bathgate's ground ? Massone is a clown of the highest order and I'm glad he's not in charge of my team

Creamery Park is owned by West Lothian Council. The pitch had major drainage problems through the winter but looked great at the end of the season after a pipe running across the middle of the pitch was repaired. Not sure how the lease to Bathgate Thistle works because their benefactor certainly put a few quid into the club. However the spending was mainly on players (some earning around £200 per week with crowds of around 100 paying £5 or £2 concessions ... sound familiar??) but with little noticeable difference to the surrounds. He's now pulled out and Bathgate are trying to put together an operation where they work to a budget where income = expenditure. However, the Bathgate benefactor is a long time supporter of the club and is honouring existing contracts (I think).

It's far from the worst park in the world but £16 is a disgrace for a friendly in those surroundings and even asking a Championship side to turn up and play there is a bit of a liberty.

This is my first contribution on the matter (I think!) but there are any number of clubs in any number of sports in West Lothian who are more deserving of council largesse than Livingston FC. The desire to retain senior football in West Lothian is not a strong enough reason to allow public money to pour down a drain.