Livingston - all the threads merged

Self interest rules OK. It was always thus - though these days money is everything.

You just need to read the posts of Raith and Ayr fans on here, creaming their pants about surviving in the SF1 because Livingston look fucked.

Sometimes, just sometimes, the "football family(hahahaha)" need to look at the bigger picture and the all round health of football in Scotland.

Not expcting anything sensible to happen though - we are too far down the road - football in Scotland is pretty fucked - maybe the fans who used to go regularly to watch football and now go to OOT shopping centres every Saturday afternoon have got it right.

to be honest i expect Livi to still be in the league when it starts, not because they will be in a better situation than just now but because the powers that be will sit still and hope the decision is made for them

Self interest rules OK. It was always thus - though these days money is everything.

You just need to read the posts of Raith and Ayr fans on here, creaming their pants about surviving in the SF1 because Livingston look fucked.

It depends on what terms they survive. If they have to make a proper effort, like Clyde, to reduce their costs and playing budget and take the consequences on-the-field then good luck to them. If not paying their debts and being subsidised by local government enables them to keep a full-time squad and give them an unfair competitive advantage then no, that's not on, and not just because of self-interest (although, that too).

It depends on what terms they survive. If they have to make a proper effort, like Clyde, to reduce their costs and playing budget and take the consequences on-the-field then good luck to them. If not paying their debts and being subsidised by local government enables them to keep a full-time squad and give them an unfair competitive advantage then no, that's not on, and not just because of self-interest (although, that too).

Agreed - but the SF1 Chairman are only interested in how the situation affects their club. The likes of Dundee who have their new sugar-daddy bankroling them are unlikely to go for anything sensible that might stop them living their own new dream. The Chairman of Ayr and RR probably think it's worth risking that they implode sometime in the next 9 months and save their relegation bacon.

Each and every Chairman is after whatever advatage (unfair or not) they can get.

Each and every Chairman is after whatever advatage (unfair or not) they can get.

Jeez and here was me thinking it was only Livi that did that. Surely not!

I think that the fans should do something about it. Oh wait a minute the fans are never asked or listened to for that matter. Their role is to pay their money and shut up. Apart from Livi fans that is, who should not have let these chairmen of their club do all the bad things they have done. :rolleyes:

Hardly creaming our pants. It might benefit us because they might have to sell/release all their players and bring in cheap duds. At the moment though, Livi still have a better team than Ayr & Rovers.

Every now and then you come across a posting on a site regarding Livingston that either a) has you shaking your head in disbelief , b ) makes you want to get a vet out to them or c ) makes you just plain laugh out loud at the pretentious dung that people write in order to make themselves seem to be superior beings in terms of passion and intellect. Here is such an example.

To be honest, it was something of triple triumph as I laughed, shook my head in disbelief and also wanted to get this individual treatment from a vet.

I like to think of myself as a flexible thinker able to adapt and evolve. I would do anything to save something I love, anything. I'd eat sh*t every day for a year (makes a change from talking it) if it would save livi. I'd probably let them cut off my wee toes as well

UNQUOTE

If this is meant to impress as an expression of undying love, then it fails miserably. "A flexible thinker able to adapt and evolve"..................................

help ma boab, it sounds more like a wee line they've found in an American self help pamphlet for the socially challenged. Either that, or we have a Livingston contender as the next Son of Sam. "Yeah, it was the spaniel barking outside Almondvale that told me to do it officer".

Edited by Guest

Every now and then you come across a posting on a site regarding Livingston that either a) has you shaking your head in disbelief , b ) makes you want to get a vet out to them or c ) makes you just plain laugh out loud at the pretentious dung that people write in order to make themselves seem to be superior beings in terms of passion and intellect. Here is such an example.

To be honest, it was something of triple triumph as I laughed, shook my head in disbelief and also wanted to get this individual treatment from a vet.

I like to think of myself as a flexible thinker able to adapt and evolve. I would do anything to save something I love, anything. I'd eat sh*t every day for a year (makes a change from talking it) if it would save livi. I'd probably let them cut off my wee toes as well

UNQUOTE

If this is meant to impress as an expression of undying love, then it fails miserably. "A flexible thinker able to adapt and evolve"..................................

help ma boab, it sounds more like a wee line they've found in an American self help pamphlet for the socially challenged. Either that, or we have a Livingston contender as the next Son of Sam. "Yeah, it was the spaniel barking outside Almondvale that told me to do it officer".

Was that not Larry? He also said he would give up crisps this year to help the club!!!! :lol:

If I were a Livi fan I think the one sentence that would worry me the most would be

'Rankine has warned that the council is playing a dangerous game because the club could be plunged into liquidation after legal inspection of the accounts'

Quite obviously Rankine is alluding to the fact that the clubs in such bad shape that if the council don't accept the offer the clubs gone. Not quite the way i'd be looking to try and find new investors!

Looks as though things are hotting up

Clicky

You gotta wonder who has the most bottle?

Massone holding out for the deal or the council trying to irritate the lease.

I'd doubt the council want admin as they would then lose control of the lease and even if they succesfully irritate, who is there to take it on and field a team post admin.

Just noticed when looking through the Court rolls for tomorrow that there is a case:-

Gordon McDougall -v- The Cowdenbeath Football Club Ltd A3141/08

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rolls/sheriff...i/EDI090715.htm

Scroll down a wee bit. Anyone know what this is about?

Everyone involved in the Livi saga seems to want their day in court. :lol:

Ah, the P&B Div1 board w**k-stain makes himself known. You complete tosser - most Ayr and Raith fans don't want any club to disappear, even one as dodgy as Livvi. Now, do me a favour, post something sensible soon.

I think it's Massone that's been playing a dangerous game. Taken outwith the arena of football, who would accept a new largely unidentified consortium coming in, offering about a third of current debt in total, and only half of that coming from the an identified party (Rankine).

And without a radical change in business plan? For a business with next to no assets to weigh up against extensive liabilites? And is there not a further accrual of rent arrears happening as this all goes on?

I really can't see the council turning around and saying "ah, only joking" on this one.

This isn't the way football should be. Wouldn't it be nice if we could talk about the sport rather than the business? You may find that rich coming from a Dundee fan in current times, but we're a bit caught in the trap too, where money is a helpful catalyst in gaining promotion. I'd prefer it some other way.

Ah, the P&B Div1 board w**k-stain makes himself known. You complete tosser - most Ayr and Raith fans don't want any club to disappear, even one as dodgy as Livvi. Now, do me a favour, post something sensible soon.

And some are sick of the way the Livingston FC have conducted themselves over the last 14 years, despite having some sympathy for their fans.

Anyhoo, welcome - I know someone who knows your (ex?)-Chairman in Southern Calafornia well - how do you think Ayr will get on this season? Can they finish above Queens?

I think it's Massone that's been playing a dangerous game. Taken outwith the arena of football, who would accept a new largely unidentified consortium coming in, offering about a third of current debt in total, and only half of that coming from the an identified party (Rankine).

And without a radical change in business plan? For a business with next to no assets to weigh up against extensive liabilites? And is there not a further accrual of rent arrears happening as this all goes on?

I really can't see the council turning around and saying "ah, only joking" on this one.

This isn't the way football should be. Wouldn't it be nice if we could talk about the sport rather than the business? You may find that rich coming from a Dundee fan in current times, but we're a bit caught in the trap too, where money is a helpful catalyst in gaining promotion. I'd prefer it some other way.

How about living within your means and not relying on Calum Melville's money? :rolleyes:

Ahh - thought not.

Every now and then you come across a posting on a site regarding Livingston that either a) has you shaking your head in disbelief , b ) makes you want to get a vet out to them or c ) makes you just plain laugh out loud

UNQUOTE

Ocht that's just Larry. He has some unorthodox ways of expressing himself. ;)

The world needs characters. Mon the Larry. B)

How about living within your means and not relying on Calum Melville's money? :rolleyes:

Ahh - thought not.

Yes, that's what I mean. I'd prefer us not to be relying on any director's money (or other sugar daddy). However, it'd be a brave club that turned down the offer of funds with the way Scottish football is currently organised. It would probably mean no chance of top flight football again, certainly. I'd be pretty flummoxed if I had the casting vote as to whether Dundee FC accepted or rejected non-turnover funds. I don't think many clubs could take that decision lightly.

If I were a Livi fan I think the one sentence that would worry me the most would be

'Rankine has warned that the council is playing a dangerous game because the club could be plunged into liquidation after legal inspection of the accounts'

I believe that Hugh Scott made it a condition of him (eventually) selling Morton that he would not be investigated in the future in any way.