Livingston - all the threads merged

Spot on Duncan. Neither Rankine or Massone have the capital to invest. If they did, they would have pumped some money into the club just now to keep the wolves from the door.

I would say paying rent is a prime requirement of any business so if they do have this sort of cash around, why isn't £280k of it winging its way to the council?

Why is nobody asking these guys this question? A big part of their problem could be solved if they pay the council the money! Why do people who get involved with Livi do everything apart from pay people what they are due!

Why isn't Massone being challenged on the whole "we have to sell 300 season tickets or we go bust" comment from a couple of months ago and "everything will be paid by june 30". He says things and then is never tackled when things don't come to pass.

Of course they are not going to invest. Massone has none to invest and Rankine is not that daft. I can't quite figure out what his game is though. Massone was not given an easy time on Saturday. he was asked plenty of difficult questions but what do you do when you ask someone repeatedly and they answer with a 5 minute speech in broken English that has nothing to do with what you asked? What I felt like doing would only have got me arrested. :angry: One of his prime tactics is obviously to talk till people lose the will to live.

Folk on here keep saying do this do that but the guy is stuck there like a leech with fans jumping up and down in frustration. This is not a Clyde or Stirling Albion situation where fans know the score and can get stuck in to save the club. Other than administration we can't get him out unless we give him £250k which we don't have and which would be given to him over my dead body even if we did.

I am praying the council don't give in.

Scotsman story:-

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Livings...135m.5431460.jp

And a wee bit on the excellent Political Football of Economy website too:-

http://www.footballeconomy.com/

Interesting. Don't believe a word of the first one, but interesting. Incidentally, that Scotsman article is dreadfully written for a broadsheet paper.

Interesting. Don't believe a word of the first one, but interesting. Incidentally, that Scotsman article is dreadfully written for a broadsheet paper.

Off topic, however The Scotsman and SoS are dreadful papers.

The Herald and Sunday Herald are slighy better, but the standard deteriorates with every passing week.

Rankines comments in the Scotsman are incredible and show just why people are having difficulty in gaining much sympathy for Livi (the club, not the majority of the supporters). To come out in the media and say that a council owed nearly £300k should accept £70k as 'its better than nothing' is outragous. Not once is it mentioned about how the club came to be in a position or even how sorry they are that the club has not managed to repay its debt, just a comment about how poeple should be grateful to get anything.

That one piece has probably offended as many people as Massone.....ok, maybe not! :P

A simple phone call from WLC to NLC's Jim McCabe will knock this Rankine p1sh on the head. He'll set them straight on this charlatan

at this meeting did nobody even think - wait a minute how did he save Airdrie they were liquidated!!

Allstars charlatan is too kind a word B)

East Stirling was my guess as their stadium has gone now. Are they still sharing at Stenny ? Cowdenbeath are in financial trouble apparently and their stadium has been a mess for years.

If there is a will and the other team is given an incentive to relocate then the francise ideal might kick in. Massone/Rankine/McDougall wouldn't have anything to do with it. WLC offer incentives for manufacturing firms to locate in Livi so why not another football team ? The whole she-bang would move including the current board, etc. I'm sure it would be an attractive proposition for some, maybe even Edinburgh City ...

From what I know of it Cowden face an uncertain future at Central park, but there's no suggestion of financial difficulty. East Stirling are absolutely fine financially and have a working party working hard to find a site for a new stadium in the Falkirk area.

As to the bit in bold, unless you're taking the piss, it encapsulates in a nutshell why so many football fans not connected to Livingston want to see them fold or at least severely punished, finally, for their pissing all over the rulebook for years. These are fans who normally are the first to put their hand in their pocket to help another club in trouble, as was seen during Stranraer's difficulty earlier this year. There was genuine goodwill towards that club- the bit in bold explains why there's very little or no goodwill towards yours.

:rolleyes:

From what I know of it Cowden face an uncertain future at Central park, but there's no suggestion of financial difficulty. East Stirling are absolutely fine financially and have a working party working hard to find a site for a new stadium in the Falkirk area.

As to the bit in bold, unless you're taking the piss, it encapsulates in a nutshell why so many football fans not connected to Livingston want to see them fold or at least severely punished, finally, for their pissing all over the rulebook for years. These are fans who normally are the first to put their hand in their pocket to help another club in trouble, as was seen during Stranraer's difficulty earlier this year. There was genuine goodwill towards that club- the bit in bold explains why there's very little or no goodwill towards yours.

:rolleyes:

Yup another spot on post. I actually had sympathy for genuine Livi fans like LLD and EdinburghLivi, and in fact still do.

However arrogant pish such as you quoted from Livi's "other kind of fan" makes my blood boil. Basically, "Ah well when this goes tits up, we'll just relocate another team and start again". Un-fucking-believable.

If this strand of arrogant nonsense continues, i may have to take a VikingTON-esque approach and purchase some dancing shoes. Good fucking riddance.

Hello Paedo - long time no see. Let me just enlighten you ;) :-

Livi - bad because they moved against the will of the Meadowbank fans that capaigned against the move. Consecutive owners have spent way beyond their means.

QOS - formed after WW1 when there was not enough men who survived the war to keep both teams going. The amalgamation happened by agreement and all interested parties made the decision democratically at a meeting. The name of the new club was also voted on.

Airdrie United - exist because their Chairman bought another club's league place. They have a minority of fans who like to wave union flags and dress up in KKK or nazi uniforms. They also have a fair few decent fans - many of whom post on here.

Clydebank - reformed in the Juniors by their fans as they had no choice after their club's league place was bought by Airdrie United. (see above) A club now ran by the fans.

AFC Wimbledon - a new club formed in 2002 after Wimbledon FC announced they were moving to Milton Keynes. A club owned by their fans who have enjoyed four promotions in 7 years and are one promotion from the football league.

ICT -an amalgamation of two Inverness teams - the fans sanctioned the move - though according to quite a few who supported Caley - the vote was rigged.

Stirling Albion - a club who are owned by someone who has shown little interest in the club - their fans are currently running an imaginative and energetic campaign to take over and run their football club.

MK Dons - a club who took over the league place of Wimbledon FC because the town of Milton Keynes could not be bothered to climb the English pyramid. Owned by megalomaniac-self-publicist Peter Winkleman.

No - you fucking listen! The common strand regarding the above clubs is that the fans have either been fucked over or have done something positive after adversity. That is the fans who are the lifeblood of EVERY football club, pay to watch the games and travel the length of the country to support their team.

And if the Livingston supporters end up running their club in a democratic like Clydebank and Gretna before them - they'll have my full support whether they play in SF1, SF3 or the EOSL. They have been fucked over like the Clydebank, Wimbledon and Gretna fans and deserve something better than the likes of Massone, Keane & Co. Playing in Scottish non-league will sort out those that are there for the long haul or just want to turn up and sit in their seats every second Saturday right enough.

Of course their is a myriad of views about how football clubs should be run - such is life - all I advocate is that the true supporters have a say in this as they are one of the major stake holders in their football club. Yes, indeed things are changing - vive la revolution and all that....

And no, I won't f**k off - I'll have my say the same as you and very other football supporter on this forum. :P

My word, you really are quite dim.

You're going on about the "fans". What about the fans of Kings Park? What about the fans of the two Dumfries clubs? What about the fans of the Inverness clubs (where, incidentally, there was a huge amount of bitterness and resentment)? Well...........? Shall I tell you? It doesn't quite fit with your myopic view of Scottish football, doesn't fit your agenda...so you choose to ignore.

If you're concerned about the fans, what of those who have lose league position to the likes of made up teams like AFC Wimbledon and FC United......again.....that doesn't suit your agenda.

So concerned about "fans" that you'd take pleasure in seeing Livingston and Airdrie go out of business, losing probably 2500 attendees to the "dying on it's arse" Scottish game!

So concened about the plight of Stirling that you attempted a mild form of blackmail by asking for info on how many had signed up to their cause, in return for you "possibly" signing up! Fucking priceless.

On just about every subject you've posted on relating to Airdrie, you say things like we can't claim our past glories as we're essentially Clydebank.....then without even a hint of sarcasm, say you "don't entirely agree with" AFC Wimblebum doing the same! You can't have it both ways!

You couldn't spit peas through your arguments, you could build a fucking motorway through them.

Your just an unpopular little dick, going round telling everyone how fucking great you are 'cause your a "real" fan of a "real", albeit made up, team. You're exactly the type of bell-end I'd not just ban from football, but have publicly flogged for their self-righteous, holier-than-thou attitude. You'll, absolutely no doubt, be a virgin. But where do you start now? At your age? It all looks quite scary!!!! No, instead, you'll just sit at home, w**k, eat Wotsits and tell everyone how great you are. Maybe one day, Big Ste from AFC Wimbecunt supporters will rape your arse for you, out of pity mind, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

In short, I don't like you.

Pesadilla is a typical Airdrie fan, i.e. a noted troublemaker who's been arrested outside football grounds for drunk and disorderly behaviour*, his views on real fans should be greeted with suspicion at best.

*Swampy would like to apologise for misleading readers with incorrect information. It is wholly false that he was arrested for drunk and disorderly behaviour, but instead he was fined on one occasion for possession of alcohol outside football grounds. Swampy sincerely apologises for any inconvenience caused.

Edited by Swampy

Pesadilla is a typical Airdrie fan, i.e. a noted troublemaker who's been arrested outside football grounds for drunk and disorderly behaviour, his views on real fans should be greeted with suspicion at best.

He can rant with some eloquence though.

Guest Insight
Liar.

Is he not on the wrong board - is there not a "you should be fucking extinct board" inhabited by Meadowbank, Airdrieoanians, Third Lanark and Vale of Levein?

How anyone can take pride in supporting a diddy team is beyond me - last reply on the subject as its not worth pursuing with a club that i don't recognise in football.

Is he not on the wrong board - is there not a "you should be fucking extinct board" inhabited by Meadowbank, Airdrieoanians, Third Lanark and Vale of Levein?

How anyone can take pride in supporting a diddy team is beyond me - last reply on the subject as its not worth pursuing with a club that i don't recognise in football.

8-0.

Rankines comments in the Scotsman are incredible and show just why people are having difficulty in gaining much sympathy for Livi (the club, not the majority of the supporters). To come out in the media and say that a council owed nearly £300k should accept £70k as 'its better than nothing' is outragous. Not once is it mentioned about how the club came to be in a position or even how sorry they are that the club has not managed to repay its debt, just a comment about how poeple should be grateful to get anything.

That one piece has probably offended as many people as Massone.....ok, maybe not! :P

I think the point the man might be making is that he will put together a deal to take over the club which involves paying the council £70k which is better than they will get if the club enters some form of insolvency process.

I can see where he is coming from - its called a composition with creditors but he has to take care of all the creditors on a similar basis. If Massone is genuinely owed £500k and he writes that off, the remaining debt is £8-900k and paying 25% of that would cost the £200-250k he's talking about. Trouble is, after that he needs to sort ongoing losses which seem to be running at around £10k a week and find working capital.

Liar.

A member of your family told me that you were done outside Hampden for drink-related behaviour. I'll pass on to them that they are a liar :D

It wasn't a smear, merely reporting the rumour that was going around. I mentioned further back in the thread that if Livi died then there would be a purpose built stadium for someone else to fill. East Stirling was my guess as their stadium has gone now. Are they still sharing at Stenny ? Cowdenbeath are in financial trouble apparently and their stadium has been a mess for years.

If there is a will and the other team is given an incentive to relocate then the francise ideal might kick in. Massone/Rankine/McDougall wouldn't have anything to do with it. WLC offer incentives for manufacturing firms to locate in Livi so why not another football team ? The whole she-bang would move including the current board, etc. I'm sure it would be an attractive proposition for some, maybe even Edinburgh City ... :P

I don't think they would require my professional expertise as they have a photographer in place anyway but I don't see a problem with supplying a few free images when requested. I'm busy on Saturdays covering SPL games so I'm unavailable for the Livi games normally anyway.

Another franchise to replace a franchise which has already failed, great idea :rolleyes:

Excellent post. You clearly are a clever little boy.

Who are Vale of Levein by the way? Interesting you talk of diddy clubs while apparently being obsessed with your (much bigger and better) rivals manager.

(I'll ignore the fact you can't spell Airdrieonians either and are too stupid to recognise the guy says he supports Airdrie Utd - who clearly aren't extinct)