Livingston - all the threads merged

Same question again - what guarantees, specifically?

I'm not disagreeing here as much as it may appear, but I really don't see that it's that easy.

The main guarantee is that they can fulfill their fixtures.

You're right it is a grey area but even if Livvy do make it to the start of the season and go under 3-4 games in there's gonna be a few pissed off teams

And what happens then do we carry on with a 9 team league ? Do we have relegation, do we have the play offs ? How many teams get promoted from division 2 ?

No, Massone was picked up at the airport by a Livi employee and taken to his house. He then turned up with another 2 guys I didn't know in his x-type jag.

Rankine and Gemmell were waiting for him in reception. I spoke with Rankine for a while and he reminded me of Mike Reid (Frank Butcher in EastEnders). He told me about his involvement with the Airdrie/Clydebank deal and Gemmell was a middleman with someone else in the deal.

I don't know, you have probably explained this but do you not think you are taking things just little too intensively, following folk around and taking secretive photos?

I do like the idea of Livingston creating a dream team of all the sleaziest, most corrupt former chairmen. That Italian fake lawyer Dundee were all over would be ideal.

I didn't see him arrive so he might have a Punto :D

Hugh Scott was also mentioned in the conversation. They asked me about the Nitespot and mentioned the Airdrie deal was worth 200k to him. They are definitely vultures in to pick up some easy pickings.

can you elaborate on the 200k, thats a new one on me, Gemmil was installed at airdrie by bill barr's KPMG backed regime, the masterpaln being a dismantling of new broomfield being moved to a seaside town on the west coast and land being a prime housing spot (well to anyone not from airdrie, the thought of being squeezed between craigneuk and Petersburn can only be described as a wee patch of land on the iran/iraq border 20 years ago)

but the council held the title deeds to teh land and Airdrieonians owned the bricks and mortar, so they were screwed, after liquidation of all assets there was barely enough to pay KPMG so i dont see where this 200k figure comes into play.

but your right the last time those two were circling round a club was to try and pick the bones of it

Of course, Giovanni di Stefano, friend and legal adviser to the world's most notorious men. LOL

That's the bloke.

Lest us forget, Dundee were loving that guy whilst the rest of the world pointed out he wasn't actually a lawyer, was friends with convicted war criminals, and had been found guilty of financial mismanagement and fraud on numerous occasions.

He's the man to save our Livi!

OMG, this whole saga has been something akin to some type of torture. Will someone tap this AM guy on the shoulder already :unsure:

If this were some other countries, there would be riots in the streets. Where are all the pasisonate Livi supporters? Deluded? Arrogant? Drunk? Spain? or broke from spending their £149.50?

I don't know, you have probably explained this but do you not think you are taking things just little too intensively, following folk around and taking secretive photos?

I do like the idea of Livingston creating a dream team of all the sleaziest, most corrupt former chairmen. That Italian fake lawyer Dundee were all over would be ideal.

I'm a press photographer. I wasn't following them around, I was told the details of his movements from an insider. The pictures weren't secretive as I was standing at reception waiting on him to arrive with a big lens trained on the car park :ph34r::lol:

As he was getting on his plane in Italy I was taking pics of Her Maj and blagging my way into the MSPs party for some strawberries and cream :lol:

Of course, Giovanni di Stefano, friend and legal adviser to the world's most notorious men. LOL

From the beeb today

The news comes as his solicitor revealed that Biggs, who is in hospital after breaking his hip in a fall, had "taken a turn for the worse".

Giovanni di Stefano said Biggs' son Michael was on his way to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.

Biggs, who is being held in Norwich Prison, is in hospital after breaking his hip in a fall at the weekend.

can you elaborate on the 200k, thats a new one on me, Gemmil was installed at airdrie by bill barr's KPMG backed regime, the masterpaln being a dismantling of new broomfield being moved to a seaside town on the west coast and land being a prime housing spot (well to anyone not from airdrie, the thought of being squeezed between craigneuk and Petersburn can only be described as a wee patch of land on the iran/iraq border 20 years ago)

but the council held the title deeds to teh land and Airdrieonians owned the bricks and mortar, so they were screwed, after liquidation of all assets there was barely enough to pay KPMG so i dont see where this 200k figure comes into play.

but your right the last time those two were circling round a club was to try and pick the bones of it

He was going to be owning Airdrie via someone else as he had his stake in Dumbarton. The other guy was then going to transfer Airdrie to Gemmell although still owned by Rankine. He was then going to sell to the Ballantynes for a £200k profit.

It really is hard to see how even the most astute business minds can turn a profit out of the current shambles at Livingston- let alone the Scottish Frank Butcher, and a man who, when his name is mentioned, reduces Airdrie fans to helpless laughter.

He was going to be owning Airdrie via someone else as he had his stake in Dumbarton. The other guy was then going to transfer Airdrie to Gemmell although still owned by Rankine. He was then going to sell to the Ballantynes for a £200k profit.

Gemmell was recruited by Rankin on Barrs behalf. They thought no-one would notice the obvious connections. You could have spat peas through Andy Gemmels cover story. Gemmell, laterly, was hung out to dry when Barr stopped funding the scheme. Supporters had to pay for buses to away games in Dingwall and Inverness to make sure the team got there. He is simply Rankins bag man.

Just spoken with Angelo Massone, Neil Rankine and Andy Gemmell (ex-Airdrie) as they went upstairs for a meeting to discuss the future of the club.

I got some nice shots but it's hard to hold a camera and keep a tight grip on your wallet at the same time :lol: :lol:

I half expected to see Trotter's Independent Traders' three wheeler in the car park :lol:

Are you serious Andy Gemmell? Does Andy still drive the wee Punto? He is usually court jester at whatever club he is installed at. He was the Asda style greeter at Dumbarton, after his failed attempt to convince anyone at Airdrie he had more than tuppence of his own. He really is a genial wee guy, but save a club?

Edit. He claimed to be a pal of Hugh Scotts as well.

:lol: him tell me your kidding

My jaw dropped when I saw his name mentioned in the first post, surely this guy has been sussed out by now. :lol:

The whole thing is a total feckin disaster.

I'm afraid the involvement of Andy Gemmel only underlines that statement. I had a better car than him when he was our "Chairman"...and I've got no ambitions to run a raffle never mind a football club.

Unfortunately, you are fucked.

How bizarre....

Was the Nitespote notorious as an easy picking joint for middleaged men?

Not when I was a regular it wasn't :lol:

No, they asked me about the deal made with the developers to close it. I can't remember why Hugh Scott was mentioned but he was name dropped.

I'm afraid the involvement of Andy Gemmel only underlines that statement. I had a better car than him when he was our "Chairman"...and I've got no ambitions to run a raffle never mind a football club.

Unfortunately, you are fucked.

It's patently obvious that Livingston are dead in the water.

But for those of us less intimately connected with Airdrie, can you explain this Andy Gemmel character, and why he is so universally loved (or not as the case may be ) round your parts?