Livingston - all the threads merged

Latest press coverage on the BBC at 15:30 ... Sheriff Officers serve notice.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ton/8128072.stm

Tonsilitis... what is your considered judgement on this latest "news" please?!!

"Livi on brink of administration

Almondvale Stadium, Livingston

Livingston owed rent for the use of Almondvale Stadium

Sheriff officers have served notice on Livingston as the football club moved closer to going into administration because of unpaid rent.

West Lothian Council had given the First Division club until midnight on Tuesday to pay around £300,000 for the use of Almondvale Stadium.

"Some months ago we agreed a deadline with the club's owners," it stated.

"That deadline has now passed and reluctantly we have now begun formal legal proceedings to recover the debt."

It leaves the West Lothian club on the brink of entering administration for the second time in their 14-year history. "

Just spoken with Angelo Massone, Neil Rankine and Andy Gemmell (ex-Airdrie) as they went upstairs for a meeting to discuss the future of the club.

I got some nice shots but it's hard to hold a camera and keep a tight grip on your wallet at the same time :lol: :lol:

I half expected to see Trotter's Independent Traders' three wheeler in the car park :lol:

The Inland Revenue are also believed to be watching developments with interest, with the club owing a six-figure sum in unpaid taxes.

That's the interesting bit for me. While WLC themselves may feel a duty to be more accomodating, their move today would surely spook the Inland Revenue and other major creditors - who will be far less accomodating. Carve-up time.

Just spoken with Angelo Massone, Neil Rankine and Andy Gemmell (ex-Airdrie) as they went upstairs for a meeting to discuss the future of the club.

I got some nice shots but it's hard to hold a camera and keep a tight grip on your wallet at the same time :lol::lol:

I half expected to see Trotter's Independent Traders' three wheeler in the car park :lol:

MCL - did they all arrive together in the same car? who was driving? Was it Massone and the Jag, and was he using the forest of no parking tickets as some sort of black out to stop your camera getting pictures of him?

Or do you think his new 2nd and 3rd bestest mates picked him up at the airport and gave him a lift? (I think his 1st best friend is that Ambassador who was doing the posting about the future being so bright on LIvilions last week)

whereas your shoulder shrugging is effectively a charter for the likes of Massone, Hugh Scott etc etc etc to run a club into the ground without any intervention from the SFL, and, in the case of liquidation, to its direct detriment.

I realise that, yeah, and I'm trying not to shoulder shrug. I agree more should have been done, but as I've already said probably a few times in various bits of conversation on this thread, it's much easier to slag off the SFL and say something should ahve been done than it is to come up with concrete proposals as to what, exactly.

It's a difficult question to which this episode should make the SFL give a good deal of thought.

I realise that, yeah, and I'm trying not to shoulder shrug. I agree more should have been done, but as I've already said probably a few times in various bits of conversation on this thread, it's much easier to slag off the SFL and say something should ahve been done than it is to come up with concrete proposals as to what, exactly.

It's a difficult question to which this episode should make the SFL give a good deal of thought.

Well, equally I'm trying not to just directionlessly slag the SFL- I agree that there is no current framework in place- but the blame for that (and by extension this situation), lies with...the SFL. After all, sadly, football clubs going bust and disappearing hasn't been an uncommon experience in the last decade, and you'd think the SFL would have a set of criteria and determined responses in place to cope with a situation like this effectively, quickly and openly, to avoid damage to the credibility of the competition.

You would have thought after last year with Gretna that the SFL would be asking clubs that are in financial difficulties to provide guarantees and proof they can meet basic requirements like fulfilling fixtures, are allowed to turn the floodlights on etc. so that if the clubs are indeed in shit creek that the SFL have a back up plan ( new clubs ready to enter the league, a plan of reconstruction, whatever )

Or have I used too much basic common sense for the SFL there ?

Edited by GordieBoy80

I got some nice shots but it's hard to hold a camera and keep a tight grip on your wallet at the same time :lol: :lol:

Are you serious Andy Gemmell? Does Andy still drive the wee Punto? He is usually court jester at whatever club he is installed at. He was the Asda style greeter at Dumbarton, after his failed attempt to convince anyone at Airdrie he had more than tuppence of his own. He really is a genial wee guy, but save a club?

Edit. He claimed to be a pal of Hugh Scotts as well.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

All that's really needed now is for Bill Hiddlestone, of Third Lanark, to be resurrected and Livi really do have the board from hell

:(

Hugh Scott too

You would have thought after last year with Gretna that the SFL would be asking clubs that are in financial difficulties to provide guarantees and proof they can meet basic requirements like fulfilling fixtures, are allowed to turn the floodlights on etc. so that if the clubs are indeed in shit creek that the SFL have a back up plan ( new clubs ready to enter the league, a plan of reconstruction, whatever )

Or have I used too much basic common sense for the SFL there ?

Same question again - what guarantees, specifically?

I'm not disagreeing here as much as it may appear, but I really don't see that it's that easy.

MCL - did they all arrive together in the same car? who was driving? Was it Massone and the Jag, and was he using the forest of no parking tickets as some sort of black out to stop your camera getting pictures of him?

Or do you think his new 2nd and 3rd bestest mates picked him up at the airport and gave him a lift? (I think his 1st best friend is that Ambassador who was doing the posting about the future being so bright on LIvilions last week)

No, Massone was picked up at the airport by a Livi employee and taken to his house. He then turned up with another 2 guys I didn't know in his x-type jag.

Rankine and Gemmell were waiting for him in reception. I spoke with Rankine for a while and he reminded me of Mike Reid (Frank Butcher in EastEnders). He told me about his involvement with the Airdrie/Clydebank deal and Gemmell was a middleman with someone else in the deal.

When it became clear that players/staff were not getting paid on time (the letter from the players asking them to take an interest in what was going on and the involvement of PFA man Fraser Wishart would have been big clues) then Livi should have been hit with an instant transfer embargo.

They then should have been given a period (say a month, two at the most) to pay all outstanding balances with their players/staff or be deducted points.

This would have not only focused the minds and "perhaps" prevented many of the current issues, but also showed the other SFL clubs that non-payment/delayed payment of wages is an issue they take very seriously.

Action could also have been taken at the AGM. By that stage, everyone knew things were only going to get worse. Everyone was aware of the huge rent payment due to be paid, the list of creditors in court and players/staff still waiting for April and May's wages.

The SFL should have given him until the end of May to sort out the players/staff wages and creditors and provide some sort of evidence that Livi could meet council payment or told it is division three football as we are not comfortable with this continued nonsense.

Instead, Massone fluttered his eyelashes at Hampden one day and the SFL said "okay, we'll leave everything in your hands".

Maybe the SFL "know" that someone will come in and rescue them and are waiting for time to run its course but I doubt it. I do appreciate that the bad guy in all of this is Massone but a stronger stance from the SFL would have been welcomed by everyone I think.

Are you serious Andy Gemmell? Does Andy still drive the wee Punto? He is usually court jester at whatever club he is installed at. He was the Asda style greeter at Dumbarton, after his failed attempt to convince anyone at Airdrie he had more than tuppence of his own. He really is a genial wee guy, but save a club?

Edit. He claimed to be a pal of Hugh Scotts as well.

I didn't see him arrive so he might have a Punto :D

Hugh Scott was also mentioned in the conversation. They asked me about the Nitespot and mentioned the Airdrie deal was worth 200k to him. They are definitely vultures in to pick up some easy pickings.

Hugh Scott was also mentioned in the conversation.

in what way :o

Edited by Bryan

Hugh Scott was also mentioned in the conversation. They asked me about the Nitespot and mentioned the Airdrie deal was worth 200k to him. They are definitely vultures in to pick up some easy pickings.

How bizarre....

Was the Nitespote notorious as an easy picking joint for middleaged men?

He is a fucking liar.

Mike Read in Runaround is more like what you'll be getting.

Rankin and Gemmell, were part of the Barr puppet show at Airdrie.